Author Topic: [Vape Gear] Hana DNA 30 Mod, Kayfun 3.1, Kraken  (Read 2019 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[Vape Gear] Hana DNA 30 Mod, Kayfun 3.1, Kraken
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »
Took another plunge and upgraded my vape gear about a month ago. So I figured I've had enough time with it now to evaluate it.

Hana DNA 30 Mod- The Hana is pretty much the Cadillac of variable wattage mods. It takes an 18650 battery, but features a pass through so that it can be vaped and charged at the same time, and the battery charges inside the case instead of having to remove it. The mod uses a regulated microchip to handle the variable wattage up to 30 watts. It has a sweet spot of around 1ohm, which is typically where I build my coils at, and then run it around 17-18.5 watts just depending on what juice I'm using and which atomizer I have on it. My Nautilus performs extremely well at 8 watts, my Kayfun is good around 17.5-18 and my Kraken will run up to 19 without burning the wick out and tasting like ass. The only downside to the Hana is the design of the negative lead on the 510 connector. Its a screw instead of being a soldered connection like the positive lead. Mine fell about 18 inches or so onto a carpeted floor and that was enough to jack up the screw. I tightened back down, accidentally stripping the head, and it backed out enough by the next night that it was throwing errors. I finally rigged up a retention spring that uses the back cover to keep the screw pressed firmly in place. I'm currently waiting on Hana to finish verifying my Serial Number so I can ship it in for repair (dat lifetime warranty!).
9/10

Kaygun 3.1- This thing is a pain in the dick. If it wasn't for the awesome flavor, I would have tossed it in the trash as soon as I got my Kraken. It has a really weird wicking style and the tank uses vacuum pressure to feed oil to the coil. That means that if something disrupts the vacuum this fucking shoots oil out of the air hole, and its almost impossible to stop it short of tearing it apart and rear wicking it. But the flavor is the best I've ever tasted. It blows my Nautilus away (and its the best plug and play atomizer tank on the market) and it even beats my Kraken by a fair margin. That gets it a few positive points but it still doesn't outweigh the shitastic vacuum issues.
4.5/10

Kraken- This is my current go to atomizer tank. It's a "Genesis style" (named after the first tank set up this way) that has the tank at the bottom and the build deck on top, and uses a wick to bring the juice up to the coil. I've been using organic cotton yarn and it wicks fantastic. It can be tricky to set up the first few times, but once you get the hang of building a vertical coil and lining it up with the wick hole you're good to go. It's meant to be wicked using a stainless steel mesh and cotton, but I can't get the hang of the mesh so I use yarn. Its stupid easy to just drop the yarn through the coil, wrap a tiny bit of cotton between the coil and center post to soak up any accidental wick flooding and get to vaping. The flavor is pretty great, better than my Nautilus, but not quite as good as my Kayfun...but the easy use outweighs the pain of the Kayfun. It also produces so nice thick, cool vapor at 17.5-18 watts and 1-1.1ohms. I built a stupid .6 coil and through it on my mechanical mod, and even though it was way hotter vapor than I like the coil didn't burn up the wick, proving that this thing is built really well.
8.75/10
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.