Author Topic: [Movie] ParaNorman  (Read 1404 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
[Movie] ParaNorman
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:36:10 AM »
This movie is in English

ParaNorman on IMDB
ParaNorman on Netflix

Synopsis

From Netflix: When an army of zombies invades a small town, it's up to an odd local boy with a knack for communicating with the dead to save the day.

Thoughts

I'm a sucker for this style of animation. The colours are vivid, the texturing is realistic, and it is very reminiscent of things like Coraline in the darkness of the film. But the story couldn't be further from it - it's basically about a little boy who's different. There are several tear-jerking parts, and the soundtrack to the film is absolutely stunning. I really feel like this is a hidden gem in the stylings of a children's movie when really everyone could stand to watch it. For having come out in 2012 this movie definitely has a timeless feel to it, literally any generation could appreciate the film.

ParaNorman Soundtrack - Resolution  An example of one of the tracks. The music is very gentle and ambient for the most part, but it definitely seems to be almost more than you'd expect from a typical children's film. It's reminiscent of larger productions, and it does very well to provoke emotion. Reading reviews, the soundtrack is almost always mentioned as being supreme, and above and beyond what a normal production like this has.

Spoilers

None, really. Prepare to take a ride on the Feels Train, though.

Rating
 10/10 -- One of the most heartfelt kids movies I've seen in a long time. It's available until October 18. If you have an hour and a half to spare, do yourself a favour and sit down with it. You won't regret it.

Availability
 You can find this movie on Netflix.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Re: [Movie] ParaNorman
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
Agreed, excellent movie. Had the feel of the "classic" Halloween kids movies of the 80's and 90's that I grew up with, but with a strong, clear message to boot.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [Movie] ParaNorman
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:46:31 AM »
Amy and I watched this a while back, I usually don't get in to kiddie movies....but this was a really good one.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.