Author Topic: Forza Horizon 2  (Read 4355 times)

Grim91Z

Forza Horizon 2
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-horizon-2#fbid=zt077H6KrCL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX7r61fyltc

Says it's for both gen Xbox's, but I imagine the One will be way more detailed.
Formerly DoD.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Re: Forza Horizon 2
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:45:14 AM »
I didn't really like Horizons, hopefully this one will be better.

Mick

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 12:54:58 PM »
The one on the 360 will be running the same engine as the last one so it will be limited. The one for the xbone will be getting a whole new engine so should be substantially better. I have already played the demo and it feels similar to horizon one. but you can now go offroad more or less anywhere and some of the races require you to. I am looking forward to it and will be picking it up for the one.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
The one on the 360 will be running the same engine as the last one so it will be limited. The one for the xbone will be getting a whole new engine so should be substantially better. I have already played the demo and it feels similar to horizon one. but you can now go offroad more or less anywhere and some of the races require you to. I am looking forward to it and will be picking it up for the one.

Eventually I'll look into getting a 1.  I'll look in to getting Horizons 2 as well then.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
Horizons is a focus group game.

They had a meeting and came to the conclusion that those pesky need4speed arcade racer games were bringing in the dosh, so competition was necessary.

You end up paying for a money wagon which was designed solely to meet a bottom line. You end up playing a bastard child of of soul-crushed Forza devs who were forced into collaborating on it.

Play forklift simulator. Ze Germans got it right.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:50:44 PM by wicho »

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 12:40:26 PM »
Horizons is a focus group game.

They had a meeting and came to the conclusion that those pesky need4speed arcade racer games were bringing in the dosh, so competition was necessary.

You end up paying for a money wagon which was designed solely to meet a bottom line. You end up playing a bastard child of of soul-crushed Forza devs who were forced into collaborating on it.

Play forklift simulator. Ze Germans got it right.

Purchased 2 yesterday, and you're right.  It's exactly like Need 4 Speed.  Including impromptu races with random cars.

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
Horizon 1 was a struggle for me, because it felt like a "concept game." As if Turn10 wanted to try using dirt, and night and test it before they put it in the Motorsport series. While it was a fun game, after a few days of playing, you more or less beat it. Horizon 2 has been a more complete experience so far, and much more enjoyable. The online is especially more stable and varied than the first one was.

Quote from: meatywand
Mr. Bagged Milk Maaaaahzda. :lol:

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »
Horizon 1 was a struggle for me, because it felt like a "concept game." As if Turn10 wanted to try using dirt, and night and test it before they put it in the Motorsport series. While it was a fun game, after a few days of playing, you more or less beat it. Horizon 2 has been a more complete experience so far, and much more enjoyable. The online is especially more stable and varied than the first one was.

Have you ever played any of the newer Need for Speeds?

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »
Last one I played was the Most Wanted reboot.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
Last one I played was the Most Wanted reboot.

The newer need for speeds are just like this game.  They copied a lot of it as far as what you can do.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 03:03:23 PM »
So I've played this some more now, and it really is just "meh."  It's like Need 4 Speed.  No race tracks (at least none that I've come across yet), and it's really just turned me back to Gran Turismo 6.  Not to mention there are no updates for the 360's version of Horizons 2.

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »
Well naturally there would be no updates to the 360 version. Less incentive to buy a new console. Remember the PS2/PS3 or XBox/360 days when games were being released for both generations. The older consoles' versions always looked and played like shit by comparison.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 01:24:41 PM »
I have the newest Need For Speed for PS4, forget what it's called, but it was hugely disappointing. Nothing "next generation" about it except for slightly more responsive social gaming aspects. Even the graphics are pathetic, loads of pop in and lens flare pretending to be "advanced lighting effects". The cars drive like ass, they're not even fun to race.

I will never buy another Need For Speed again.

I can't wait till Wreckfest makes it to PS4.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:25:17 PM by 00XJ »

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »

Well naturally there would be no updates to the 360 version. Less incentive to buy a new console. Remember the PS2/PS3 or XBox/360 days when games were being released for both generations. The older consoles' versions always looked and played like shit by comparison.

It looks okay. However, the gameplay is just a rip off of need for speed. No racetrack, nothing new or innovative in the game format. If they were going to get off of the race track format then they should have brought out something new.

Then I turn on my PS3 and play grand tourism 06 and I have stuff to worry about such as sunglare.  Far more realistic, fun, and new.  WITH updates.

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 10:36:35 AM »
I think Project CARS will appeal to both of you, if it's indeed as good as it's leading up to be.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 10:40:22 AM »
I think Project CARS will appeal to both of you, if it's indeed as good as it's leading up to be.

...I am intrigued...I may have to look this up!

I did find a game called Damage Inc that I am enjoying so far.  It was only $20 so that makes me even happier :lol: