Author Topic: The crazies are back.  (Read 14356 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: The crazies are back.
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
http://www.cato.org/publications/white-paper/overkill-rise-paramilitary-police-raids-america

Interesting article I found today via a Vice article I was reading.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »
https://news.vice.com/article/el-paso-releases-video-of-cop-executing-handcuffed-man-wheres-the-anger?utm_source=vicenewsfb

Hmmmm this is why I'm sketched out by cops gaining access to greater degrees of weaponry, some of them can barely handle a Glock, much less a rifle or LMG.

But, I will also applaud a local officer, whom I've known since childhood, who was involved in a fatal shooting here. He and his partner did their utmost to apprehend the suspect as peacefully as possible, but the guy pulled a gun and shot at them. They took him down with a couple well disciplined shots, not the mag dumping you hear about all over the place.

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 11:38:27 PM »
https://news.vice.com/article/el-paso-releases-video-of-cop-executing-handcuffed-man-wheres-the-anger?utm_source=vicenewsfb

Hmmmm this is why I'm sketched out by cops gaining access to greater degrees of weaponry, some of them can barely handle a Glock, much less a rifle or LMG.

But, I will also applaud a local officer, whom I've known since childhood, who was involved in a fatal shooting here. He and his partner did their utmost to apprehend the suspect as peacefully as possible, but the guy pulled a gun and shot at them. They took him down with a couple well disciplined shots, not the mag dumping you hear about all over the place.

See, that doesn't bother me.  If you draw a weapon and fire at the police, I don't care if they fire a tomahawk at you.  Everyone knows if you shoot at the police, then you may not like the results of what happens next.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »
Did you not read the article I linked? That cop shot a man laying on the ground, in handcuffs. It looked like an ISIS video straight out of Iraq....

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »
Did you not read the article I linked? That cop shot a man laying on the ground, in handcuffs. It looked like an ISIS video straight out of Iraq....

And we have all said time and time again that there are bad cops, but there are far more good ones.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2014, 02:09:58 AM »
I agree...but it seems like there are more and more bad ones these days...

His name was Meatywand.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2014, 09:23:16 PM »

There's no such thing as a slippery slope.

Just ask gun owners.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »
Also true, but you have to admit...there is a lot of crazy shit going on these days. I think a lot of it is because of the media hyping the events and granting these nutjobs infamy for their shit, but still niggas be flippin' out all over the place lately. Also, I'm a gun nut, so yeah...the slippery slope is bad times.

His name was Meatywand.

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2014, 02:20:19 AM »
Not a fan of cops... lot of family in law enforcement, every one of 'em honest, good folks, but there are so many asshole cops out there, it's so hard to trust them.

Guns, that's a much more complex issue... but let's not do this here :lol:
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2014, 10:37:05 PM »

I think it's just the media reports more on the bad ones than on the good ones.  Also, how many people video tape a good encounter they had with an officer and then put that up?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2014, 10:57:39 PM »
I usually don't give those much attention because you can usually tell that the person filming is trying for a certain reaction or the video is edited to create a more favorable position for the filmed.

His name was Meatywand.

AirForceOne

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2014, 05:54:18 PM »

If I'm not mistaken that BART officer got locked up on that.  He said that he meant to taze the guy but accidentally pulled his pistol instead.  It's not unheard of, but very few have actually shot someone over it.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2014, 06:37:11 PM »
Good, that was a really messed up deal.

His name was Meatywand.

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:16 PM »
And we have all said time and time again that there are bad cops, but there are far more good ones.

You don't know that...you only blindly assume that.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/381446/barney-fife-meets-delta-force-charles-c-w-cooke

The ACLU reported recently that SWAT teams in the United States conduct around 45,000 raids each year, only 7 percent of which have anything whatsoever to do with the hostage situations with which those teams were assembled to contend. Paramilitary operations, the ACLU concluded, are “happening in about 124 homes every day — or more likely every night” — and four in five of those are performed in order that authorities might “search homes, usually for drugs.” Such raids routinely involve “armored personnel carriers,” “military equipment like battering rams,” and “flashbang grenades.”

There isn't a problem.

This bit is gold.

The Left’s current inclination is to spin offenses out of straw — having no major battles left to fight, it seeks to detect microaggressions; with overt bigotry so thin on the ground, the dog whistles have come out; and with the barriers to the Declaration’s maxim having been largely removed, the focus has shifted to the structural and the invisible. But first-degree burns and holes in the chest are different things altogether — not to be dismissed or downplayed — and that the issue is being raised by an outlet known for its absurdity should not dull its impact. Will the Right wake up to the threat, applying its usual mistrust of power to a favored group, or will its usually alert advocates leave themselves willfully in the dark until, one day, a flashbang with their name on it is tossed through the window to wake them up with a start?

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

AirForceOne

« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/381446/barney-fife-meets-delta-force-charles-c-w-cooke

There isn't a problem.

This bit is gold.

The Left’s current inclination is to spin offenses out of straw — having no major battles left to fight, it seeks to detect microaggressions; with overt bigotry so thin on the ground, the dog whistles have come out; and with the barriers to the Declaration’s maxim having been largely removed, the focus has shifted to the structural and the invisible. But first-degree burns and holes in the chest are different things altogether — not to be dismissed or downplayed — and that the issue is being raised by an outlet known for its absurdity should not dull its impact. Will the Right wake up to the threat, applying its usual mistrust of power to a favored group, or will its usually alert advocates leave themselves willfully in the dark until, one day, a flashbang with their name on it is tossed through the window to wake them up with a start?

That article makes valid points.  However, I've not seen a tactical raid in which the suspect(s) only had misdemeanor, not violent offenses.  Armed and considered dangerous (basically you've committed a violent offense in the past, or in our CAD system you fought the cops) will call for a tactical callout and not patrol units.  Case in point- we recently served a murder 1 warrant on a guy.  No tactical deployment, we just went and picked him up.  It was a cold case investigation that developed the PC for the arrest.  The last SRT callout I can recall was a rape suspect barricaded in a hotel, active duty Army SF operator/rape suspect.  He killed himself when they were setting up to breach the door.