Author Topic: [CD] Sevendust- Time Travelers and Bonfires  (Read 2854 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[CD] Sevendust- Time Travelers and Bonfires
« on: April 24, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »
Sevendust is awesome. They are totally underrated band that never the less keeps trucking along and kicking ass. This album finds them revisiting the Southside Double Wide style acoustic songs. The whole album is straight acoustic and they redo several of their older songs. I love the heavy focus on LaJon's voice in the mix, its right up front and center and you can tell its HIM, not a computer polishing things up. The rest of the band is great, Clint's playing is strong and Morgan's drumming is still intense but its "softer" to fit with the acoustic theme of the album. I think this is a great addition to their library of music. LaJon is probably my favorite pure singer out there...his voice is just so distinctive and powerful. Between this and Devil You Know, I'm getting quite the soulful black fix this week :lol:

8/10
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
Re: [CD] Sevendust- Time Travelers and Bonfires
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
I really enjoyed this album, even if I am not big on acoustic stuff.
But then again, when it comes to Sevendust, I enjoy it all!!

Had tickets to their show on Tuesday here in Denver but had to miss.  Not missing next time!!
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »
I missed them here in September because I was still attached to my wound vac and Amy had bridal portraits that day and didn't trust me to go alone or with any of my buddies because of the Vac....but yeah they put on an amazing show, I went to an Avenged Sevenfold show just because Sevendust was the opener....Hell, when I was 15 I went to a Creed show just because Sevendust was with them.

His name was Meatywand.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 07:12:01 AM »
YES! I forgot this album was coming out. Southside Double Wide is one of my most used and abused CDs.

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
I missed them here in September because I was still attached to my wound vac and Amy had bridal portraits that day and didn't trust me to go alone or with any of my buddies because of the Vac....but yeah they put on an amazing show, I went to an Avenged Sevenfold show just because Sevendust was the opener....Hell, when I was 15 I went to a Creed show just because Sevendust was with them.
Creed??  Seriously? :lol:

My fiance and I aren't living together anymore (looking like short term deal, starting over and dating again, that 18 month long custody case messed me up) and she had bought the tickets for my b-day.  We are working on it, but at first not so much, so she invited a friend of hers.  I'll catch them next time they are here, shouldn't be too long, they tour a lot.
I think I would rather see them not doing the acoustic stuff honestly.  Not that it matters, LaJon is incredible either way!!
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 06:34:20 PM »
Creed??  Seriously? :lol:

I was a HUGE Creed fan in high school. I still jam out to their first couple albums. My friends force me to do With Arms Wide Open every time we go out for karaoke. I think they were a very talented band screwed over by a dingus frontman. This is why Alter Bridge rocks.

Anyway, this new 7D album is killer. The acoustic version of Trust is incredible. I listened to it over and over this weekend.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
Karma was shockingly great redone as an acoustic arraignment...same with Denial.

His name was Meatywand.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 10:15:21 PM »
I was a HUGE Creed fan in high school. I still jam out to their first couple albums. My friends force me to do With Arms Wide Open every time we go out for karaoke. I think they were a very talented band screwed over by a dingus frontman. This is why Alter Bridge rocks.

Fully agreed. Scott Stapp is a douche, if it weren't for him and their super radio friendly songs, Creed probably wouldn't get the hate they get. They do have some pretty good music in their library.

I'm always up for new 7D, so off to iTunes I go. As much as I think they're CRIMINALLY underrated (or under-popular, whatever), I also think their relative "lack of fame" is good. They're still successful, but record companies aren't crushing their creativity either.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
Bumping this because I've been on a Sevendust spree lately because I found out they're coming back to Shreveport to a pretty small venue...I saw them there in 2008 and it was AMAZING...going to buy tickets tonight because I know this shit is going to sell out.

And this album has really, really, grown on me even more...I love it...its one of the best acoustic hard rock albums I think I've ever heard.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:37:09 AM by Meatywand »

His name was Meatywand.