Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 10356 times)

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
Re: Advertising
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:56 PM »
Wicho could write a weekly thing about detailing or F1 or whatever other car things he knows about/is into

Weekly Danica Watch?

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 11:50:25 PM »
The page admin can limit what the page "moderators" can access. If Onyx or Kal wanted to give a few of us specific jobs... like, Chaos could scrounge up the daily ricer photo (edited to blur license plates and such), Wicho could write a weekly thing about detailing or F1 or whatever other car things he knows about/is into, etc, so on, so forth.

:dunno: Sounds good to me. I'd offer to help with the page, but face it, I'm lazy, and not very interesting.

I know this was posted on the admin section, did we garner any support or opinons from that side?

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 07:01:21 AM »
If you want, I could just setup a page just to get the ball rolling. But I don't think I have most of you friended on FB.

Still, once I get the page up, I can add in anybody and switch myself out as a manager and give the manager spots to any admin here that wants it. You can add in other people as "content creators", where they can post as the page, but are very limited as to what they can edit on the page itself (mainly info, adding other people, changing admin roles, etc)

In the meantime, the page will need a cover photo and a profile photo...anybody up for that?
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »
Let's hold off on a Facebook page just yet. I've only had one response to my thread so far and I'd rather not move ahead on anything just yet until there's more input. Although if I don't really get any feedback in the next few days, I'm considering it free game.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »
Well, I can setup a page, but leave it unpublished so it's hidden from view.

When there's more talk about or, or just left up to us I can get people added in, setup page info, cover/profile etc and get the page setup before publishing it.
-Chris-

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 10:38:37 AM »
I've run a few FB pages so I'm willing to help in some way.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
If you want, I could just setup a page just to get the ball rolling.

In the meantime, the page will need a cover photo and a profile photo...anybody up for that?

I don't see why you can't at least set up a page to get it started. The cover photo... I dunno know how fancy or what you guys would want, but I'd start with using the "ANTI-RICE" logo at the top of the forum for the cover photo maybe? Profile photo is something, I think, would change regularly. I say stick to non-riced cars for the profile photos, I don't know that it would make a big difference either way.

Looks like....

Meaty
Chaos
00XJ
Kalgorn ??

I think a total of 5-6 volunteers for something like this would keep it fresh and updated without becoming too taxing on the volunteers. I don't think it would need to have new content every day, maybe it does, I don't know. However, I think we need to keep it varied in topics. I think Ricer of the week, which is a site picked ricer to be placed on their pedestal for a week or so (maybe a fake award, like a picture of medal or something gets posted along with the winner that week). Ideally, I'd like to get enough attention to receive a few follower submissions for riced cars that can make it on the page. Have a tech column, answering fan or random tech bits, I'd think once a week would be plenty (maybe twice a month). I think a humor/comic...thing would be a good once a week thing. Show off some of the projects our people are working on, step by steps, updates. Legal racing videos. Shenanigans from A-R meets if there ever are any more. But having rambled on with all those bad ideas, I think we need the page to be more of a tease to get people to the site. We don't want them just being facebook followers as much as board members. I don't know, you guys are the smart ones, I'm about 3/4 dumb.

Get to it! Chop Chop!  :mrgreen:

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
I'm still at work, but I'll make the page once I get home. I'm friends with Meaty on FB, so I'll add him on and whoever else wants in he can add.

If the cover photo gets made during the afternoon, just post it up here and I'll add it once I'm making the page. As for the profile pic, I think having just an AR logo can work in the beginning.

As for finding ricers, that's gonna be super easy. Luring morons will be even easier, although it could get swamped at times if we piss off the right ricers and they bring in all their buddies and shit.

Also, since there's gonna be multiple admins, it's a good idea to tag posts with a nickname or something. That way there fans will know which admin they're talking to.
-Chris-

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 02:15:43 PM »
Yo.....wait on Kal to give the go ahead guys.....and maybe for Onyx to weigh in since he's the owner.

His name was Meatywand.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »
Like I said, I'll leave it unpublished and if Lord Onyx and Kal don't want an FB page, it's quickly deleted.
-Chris-

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
Yo.....wait on Kal to give the go ahead guys.....and maybe for Onyx to weigh in since he's the owner.

I wasn't trying to go around the admin, but my thought was, that we would at least have something to show the admin that we're not just talking, and that this really could come together.  :dunno:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »
Yeah true enough, I just don't want anyone to waste their time setting it up if Onyx isn't in favor.

His name was Meatywand.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
I wasn't trying to go around the admin, but my thought was, that we would at least have something to show the admin that we're not just talking, and that this really could come together.  :dunno:

Bingo. An FB page could really funnel fresh blood to the forums, and just having a setup ready to go will make launching the page easier.

If Onyx doesn't want it, it's whatever. At least I tried.
-Chris-

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »
I think we need to make sure we do a good job of emphasizing the whole "Anti Idiot, NOT Anti Import" angle, and feature plenty of well done imports alongside the muscle and other cool cars, if we decide to occassionally post non-rice cars.

Also should set up AR clans for popular games (at least the ones we haven't yet) and encourage people to join.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2014, 11:16:21 PM »
That's another good point...there's still a lot of muscle car/hot rod/domestic guys that deem all Japanese as useless ricers, so we'll need to distinguish the true meaning of what is "rice" from the get go and have said definition in the page's info.

What falls under "rice" with car people these days is extremely distorted.
-Chris-

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2014, 11:00:23 AM »
I think we need to make sure we do a good job of emphasizing the whole "Anti Idiot, NOT Anti Import" angle

I was thinking about that yesterday and I completely agree. Whether or not we use that tagline for anything, it needs to be a focus.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2014, 11:28:02 AM »
I was thinking about that yesterday and I completely agree. Whether or not we use that tagline for anything, it needs to be a focus.
I hope someone accuses us of stealing it from Ricekiller

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »
I've always seen AR as the "car forum for everyone" in the sense that we've got import guys, domestic guys, drag racers, auto xers, demo derbiers, off roaders and you just don't find a mixture of different interests like that on other forums. What we have is unique and we should take advantage of that.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »
Exactly, we're pretty well rounded here.

His name was Meatywand.

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 11:56:15 PM »
Let's hold off on a Facebook page just yet. I've only had one response to my thread so far and I'd rather not move ahead on anything just yet until there's more input. Although if I don't really get any feedback in the next few days, I'm considering it free game.

What the word is?

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 08:14:08 AM »
The word is I haven't heard shit. Let me send Bill a text. That way I at least know he's going to get it. I just want to get his okay before anything moves ahead.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2014, 08:52:13 AM »
Well Onyx is dealing with a family tragedy... Maybe we should let him be. I don't think he'd be mad if we set up the page without his consent, as long as we kept it private until he could give a yay or nay.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »
Ahh, that's right. I forgot about that. It was more than just the Facebook page though. I'd like to have his input on everything including the advertising.

I didn't receive a response anyway so at this point so let's just move forward with it. I'll take responsibility for everything. Later today I'll make a thread to get the ball rolling on some design ideas for shirts, stickers, whatever.

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »
I know this is complete garbage that I threw together in paint, lol, but I had something similar in my head, with a better background. I just don't do photo manipulation at all. So whoever is talented in such matters, please come up with something. I was just thinking old school vs new school, head to head kinda thing.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »
I'll be posting a thread for design ideas so don't worry about that. I'll be asking for actual designs and simply just ideas as well without the execution.

By the way, Bill checked in and said to go forward with all of this.