Author Topic: Anyone know tecumseh carbs?  (Read 1626 times)

NovaDK13

Anyone know tecumseh carbs?
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
I know its not auto but does have an engine  :jim: But I have an old toro snow blower 3521 on name plate sticker says 38035  ser 700453 Im having a problem with the carb, It still runs great but theirs a small stream of gas that appeared all of a sudden out of the blue? Its coming from the side of the carb and it basically looks like if you have a small hole in a drinking straw when you put pressure on it. Its connected to the prime port and when I prime it  gas will eventually shoot out, it will start and run fine but the stream is steady and potentially a fire hazard seeing the hot engine is next to it.  Not to sure whats going on, I always store it with no gas in the off season and drain the carb bowl so nothing should be gummed up I basically shut it down when I noticed it.

I have a pic of a similar carb I found online its coming from the hole in the yellow box. Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

ling427ttvette

Re: Anyone know tecumseh carbs?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
Im gonna guess theres a diaphragm that's gone bad. Small engine carbs are easy as hell to re build, order a kit and throw it in there.

Wheels84ss

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:14 AM »
Ling hit it there is a rip in the diaphragm in the carb. Simple rebuild. Most you might have to do is take a guitar string and run it through a few of the veins to degum them. Basically there are 5 parts in total once ya open it up.
You skeeted all over her birth control? Thats fucking cold dude :lol: +REP

NovaDK13

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:05:41 PM »
i got off work a little early and picked up a rebuild kit, it doesn't have a diaphragm  like smaller carbs.Looking further into it the reason it was pissing gas out the side was its to keep the engine from flooding when the float needle is stuck open or in my case there was no gasket left. I took it all apart cleaned it up new gasket set reused a old lawnmower parts (my old float was nasty)  new gaskets all around runs like a top.