Author Topic: [Vape Setup] Kangertech Protank III and Itazte MVP 2.0  (Read 6297 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[Vape Setup] Kangertech Protank III and Itazte MVP 2.0
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:07 AM »
So in an effort to stop smoking I decided to get back in to vaping, and to buy a quality set up this time. Last time I bought parts, I bought a good battery, but skimped on my tank, and its rubber O Ring was eventually compromised by Oils high in Citric Acid. That led to oil leaking everywhere, my butt getting hurt, and me smoking again. My Sister in Law wanted my wife to stop smoking, so she and her husband bought her a vape set up for Christmas, and I picked both of ours out. I'll review the two parts separately.

Tank- The UnoVape tank I had before was decent, but pretty fragile. My Protank II has survived a couple nasty falls, and the fact its made from glass and lacks O Rings means you can use any oil you want without damaging the tank itself. The atomizers are simple to install, and the tank itself is extremely easily to clean since it breaks down into 4 pieces. The only thing that takes some getting used to and is a pain in the dick is filling it with oil. Since it has a bottom feed atomizer, there is a metal cylinder running the full length of the tank, and you have to be careful not to get oil in that cylinder or else it will end up in your mouth. I started out using needle bottles to fill our tanks, but I'm slowly getting the hang of dripping the oil in with the regular dropper tip on the bottles. You just have to drip it carefully down the side.
8.75/10

Battery- Not too much to say about the battery other than its great. It has a variable voltage, so you can adjust the intensity of the vapor cloud and flavor to your liking. My big battery will last almost 2 days on a full charge, my smaller, original battery will run about 12 hours with constant use. I've used non-adjustables, and I just like the flexibility of being able to control the smoke and flavor intensity.
9/10

Sunday will 14 days without a cigarette....haven't missed them honestly.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:07:42 PM by Meatywand »
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
That shit sounds expensive... Quit smoking like a man and cold turkey that bitch. :lol:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Meh, I don't feel like giving up Nicotine, and the quality of taste of a good Vape and good oil is like having a Hookah with good shisha in it in your pocket at all times. Last time I tried cold turkey I was back smoking in like a week :lol: I just want to give up all the garbage that comes along with inhaling paper and plant smoke....not muh delicious nicotine...which is no worse for you than caffeine by itself :lol:

My set up was about 83 bucks, and that's because I bought it locally, their convenience mark up is a little high but not so god awful that I didn't want to support their shop, and the owner is cool and is always giving me freebie bottles of new flavors to try and shit.

His name was Meatywand.

71Caprice

Looks like a pretty sweet set up.
I've been using the disposable e-cigs more and more so im looking into one of these setups.
There's a Vape shop opening up in town so I'll probably buy one there.
2013 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 KTM EXC 400

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO
2013 Scott Voltage FR30

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
I used an e-cig a couple years ago and it worked...but I got lazy about ordering refills for it and eventually started smoking again. The only thing shitty I've discovered about local vape places is when they try to mix their own fluids....its always inconsistent compared to the companies that make that shit, there are 2 places here that mix their own and its garbage compared to the stuff I pick up at my favorite Head Shop :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [Vape Setup] Kangertech Protank III and Itazte MVP 2.0
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »
So I burned out my C-Twist batteries or something...they quit hitting good and were just acting like shit so I went and bought Babby's First Mod, an Itazte MVP 2.0

It offers both variable voltage and variable wattage, and has a puff counter :lol: It also has a pass through so you can Vape while you charge, and offers a USB output slot so I guess in an emergency you can charge a phone or something off its internal battery. The thing is solid...I mean it is a box...and while a bit heavy it fits fine in my pocket. It produces great Vapor, and doesn't fire too hard and burn the oil once its set up correctly. It also has a built in ohm meter so it adjusts to the resistance of the coil in your tank which brings me to the second new item: A ProTank III.

A buddy of mine was upgrading to a Nautilis tank, so he gave me his ProTank III. Its a good step up from the ProTank II as its dual coil instead of a single coils. That allows it to generate more vapor, giving a better "hit". It also to me tastes better than the ProTank II vapor...my II tended to fire too hot (probably because of my crap batteries) and the oil would burn from continuous use and taste like shit. I'm currently awaiting a shipment of Nautili to my favorite local shop so I can upgrade, but the III is meeting and even surpassing my needs in the mean time...its a really sweet tank...I've been vaping a fairly light Pineapple oil lately, and I've been chiefing it hard and haven't experienced any burning of my oil, thanks in part to the better tank and the better battery set up.

His name was Meatywand.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
That shit sounds expensive... Quit smoking like a man and cold turkey that bitch. :lol:

Only non-smokers ever say this :lol:

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »
Basically, even though they're mild compared to shit I've experienced in the past....Nicotine withdrawals are REAL and they do suck....when I tried cold turkey it gave me insomnia like whoa...even with my meds...

His name was Meatywand.

Jester8706

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 09:22:53 PM »
Yeah, screw going cold turkey. Why even put yourself through that when their are alternatives. Sure, vapor isn't good for you, but it's exponentially better than cigarettes.

A. I can count all the chemicals in the oil on one hand as opposed to the 600 in an unlit cigarette. That number jumps up to around 7,000 when its burned
B. I can walk down the street, walk up stairs, jog, and workout all without getting winded. Walking to my car I would start huffing and puffing when I was smoking.
C. I no longer smell like shit.
D. I've got my sense of smell and taste completely back.
E. I feel genuinely better than I have in years.
F. You spend quite a bit up front, but after that initial purchase you save triple what you'd spend on cigarettes.

For me, it's not the nicotine, I can get through those withdrawals rather quickly. After smoking for 10 years (holy shit it's been that long) I developed an addiction to the feel of them. I crave the feeling of the heat as it goes into and out of my lungs. That's the hardest thing for me to give up. With vapor I don't have to.

Grim91Z

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 11:43:55 PM »
So I burned out my C-Twist batteries or something...they quit hitting good and were just acting like shit so I went and bought Babby's First Mod, an Itazte MVP 2.0
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/messenjah26/AE464ECA-559D-499A-B5C1-075013A9E076-17936-00001FCE5E4D69B0_zpsf1df57f6.jpg[img]
It offers both variable voltage and variable wattage, and has a puff counter :lol: It also has a pass through so you can Vape while you charge, and offers a USB output slot so I guess in an emergency you can charge a phone or something off its internal battery. The thing is solid...I mean it is a box...and while a bit heavy it fits fine in my pocket. It produces great Vapor, and doesn't fire too hard and burn the oil once its set up correctly. It also has a built in ohm meter so it adjusts to the resistance of the coil in your tank which brings me to the second new item: A ProTank III.

A buddy of mine was upgrading to a Nautilis tank, so he gave me his ProTank III. Its a good step up from the ProTank II as its dual coil instead of a single coils. That allows it to generate more vapor, giving a better "hit". It also to me tastes better than the ProTank II vapor...my II tended to fire too hot (probably because of my crap batteries) and the oil would burn from continuous use and taste like shit. I'm currently awaiting a shipment of Nautili to my favorite local shop so I can upgrade, but the III is meeting and even surpassing my needs in the mean time...its a really sweet tank...I've been vaping a fairly light Pineapple oil lately, and I've been chiefing it hard and haven't experienced any burning of my oil, thanks in part to the better tank and the better battery set up.
My brother has an itaste like that, except it's black with a glass tank. It's nice but too bulky for everyday travel.

I bought my girlfriend a cheapy GG 5 for her b-day. Pretty basic beginner vaporizer pen. No display or variable wattage/voltage. It did come with 3 cartridges (oil, wax, dry herb). The dry herb tank is only good for a couple hits, not something to pass around unless each person has their own "grass" to pack. Curious to try the wax piece. The oil tank was garbage and leaked THE DAY we bought the vape, luckily a friend had a better spare tank and has not leaked since last week. Battery is paltry but delivers good hits. I'm not a regular smoker by any means, but 12mg oils hits me pretty good, and I've heard you can get up to 48mg in nicotine. I may have to get myself one.
Formerly DoD.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 10:11:12 AM »
My brother has an itaste like that, except it's black with a glass tank. It's nice but too bulky for everyday travel.

You get used to it. :lol:

That mini box mod ends up making way more sense later on.

When you get tired of charging little batteries or fiddling with lithium cells on your mechanical mods, that thing will keep on firing right up for you, dependably.

I'm not a regular smoker by any means, but 12mg oils hits me pretty good, and I've heard you can get up to 48mg in nicotine. I may have to get myself one.

12mg is strong for me too. If anything, lower your nic. I suggest people to start on 6mg/ml with a good, warm vape. Most people feel fine puffing away at it if the setup is right.

48mg/ml is just asking for problems. That's 4.8% nicotine purity, breh.

Many ex-smokers use 3mg/ml and are just fine with it.

Don't vape high nic for the throat hit, that's like injecting heroin for the pin prick.

The only times you should be using higher nic levels is when youre in a situation that calls for it.

This lil sumbitch is good for work, social situations and whenever it is inappropriate to pull out a giant metal dildo and start sucking on it.

With a higher nic level, you take a few puffs and put it away after feeding the monkey. It fits neatly in small reading glasses cases, or a little tube of some sort.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:17:52 AM by wicho »

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Grim91Z

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 12:57:22 AM »
Most of the time I don't even inhale it, just suck it in for the flavor and whatever seeps into my lungs is what I take. I hate everything about cigarettes but have really gotten into this vaping.
Formerly DoD.