Author Topic: Kumho Road Venture tires, anyone ran them?  (Read 2237 times)

ling427ttvette

Kumho Road Venture tires, anyone ran them?
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »
I'm needing to get tires for my 04 2500HD. It's got 285/70R17's on it.

Looking around on Tirerack.com I found a set of Kumho tires that have a nice price, and a pretty good rating, and though not many reviews.. there are no bad reviews.

Kumho Road Ventures

For this truck I don't need a mud grip.. I drive a mixture of every terrain you can think of with this truck, but I don't go play in the mud with this one. But it is my go to vehicle for road trips as well as my daily driver for all conditions. An all terrain should work fine for me, need an 8 ply at the least. What do you guys run that doesn't break the pocket book?

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
Re: Kumho Road Venture tires, anyone ran them?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
https://www.treadwright.com/p-96-285-70r17-guard-dog-m-t-e.aspx

Of course mine are 31/10.50/15 so they were about $98 a piece.

They call them a mud tire, but they're more like a very aggressive all-terrain. They can clog up a bit but a good bit of wheel spinning usually clears them out thanks to the large voids in the tread. I've had them on for... 2 years? Don't remember when I put them on actually, and they've been excellent tires. We've got over a foot of snow on the ground right now and driving is simply not a problem.

They seem great in the rain, I haven't had any issues at all. They stick to dirt roads like none other. They do sing at pretty much all speeds, but it's not terribly annoying in my opinion. Some might find it to be.

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 06:33:14 PM »
I ran a set of those Kuhmo tires on my X-90 back in the day... Good tires, kept up on trail rides just fine, though grip in the mud obviously is compromised compared to the Super Swamper TSLs I got next when I traded for a Jeep  :lol:

I'm running Firestone Destination MTs now.. They're pretty quiet for M/Ts and handle the roads nicely and were only a tad more than the cheap Nexen tires I was looking at when shopping.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:41:18 PM by jeepidude »

Southern_Pride

• Whoopie ti yo
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 08:54:03 PM »
I love my dick cepek FC-2's. But they no longer make em due to a new tread pattern. They ride good, decent in the mud and sand, seem to wear like iron and great in the rain. But they are expensive. So far these have my favorite tire ever.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
Do they make BFG ATs in your size?

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Do they make BFG ATs in your size?

Almost every single Jeep in WV runs those before stepping up to MTs.. They're great tires if you don't mind the "me too!!!" aspect  :lol: