Author Topic: [Video Game] The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC)  (Read 1294 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
[Video Game] The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC)
« on: December 17, 2013, 10:12:10 PM »
Telltale's version, for those not in the know.

This review will grow as each episode is released, and while I will hide spoilers, know up front that they are BIG spoilers so definitely don't click on them until you've played the game.

SPOILERS WILL RUIN THE EXPERIENCE FOR YOU.

I'll write more HERE tomorrow... just wanted to make a few points while the feelings are fresh.

- Telltale absolutely NAILED the transition from Lee to Clementine. It's not gimmicky in the slightest. Playing as Clementine is unique and puts an entirely new spin on things.

-
(click to show/hide)

- The dialogue is better and smarter. When people say inconsistent things, other characters will sometimes pick up on it and mention it. There are also a lot of subtleties in the things people say, and i have a feeling you need to pay close attention to conversations or you might not pick up on something you should be picking up on. Also back are those little moments where your own personal tale can fall apart if you're not careful - i chose not to elaborate on how I ended up alone, just saying that "everyone I knew is gone", then later I ALMOST mentioned that I was looking for a friend - had I chose that option I'm SURE I'd have been called out on it and that it might cause a trust issue.

More to come.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: [Video Game] The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:30:53 AM »
Oh crap didn't realize there's a season 2.  That'll kill my next weekend!

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
Re: [Video Game] The Walking Dead Season 2 (PC)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
I've been so busy with work, I havent had time for it yet. I haven't played 400 days either. Was saving that until season two came out. Can't wait to play them!

Quote from: meatywand
Mr. Bagged Milk Maaaaahzda. :lol: