Author Topic: [Concert Review] Killswitch Engage & Lamb of God  (Read 1299 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[Concert Review] Killswitch Engage & Lamb of God
« on: November 12, 2013, 10:41:30 AM »
So last weekend I drove over to Dallas to catch KsE and LoG together for the first time since 08. I skipped the two openers (Huntress and Testament) so I won't be including them in my review (duh). But as always, I'll break it down by band:

Killswitch Engage- Jesse's return to the band definitely makes a difference in the live show. They played more of the older material, and while Jesse's vocals were fantastic, his voice did lack the "power" that Howard gave to the more ballady songs. But he destroyed all the old stuff and the new stuff was great as well. The energy on stage was great and Adam D bleached his hair blonde again and had it sticking straight up like the My Last Serenade video :lol: He was a bit restrained in his shit talking, but still managed to say some pretty funny shit. I was a little disappointed that they didn't do Holy Diver, but I guess that was just a Howard thing. Jesse did do a great job on End of Heartache, so I was very pleased with that being as that is my absolute favorite KsE song.

9/10

Lamb of God- HOLY FUCKING SHIT....for a bunch of old dudes, LoG DESTROY it. From the beginning of their set they were on fire. A cool addition to their show that I haven't seen before was a camera that focused on Chris during intense drumming parts and on Mark Morton or Willy during guitar solos. When they weren't showing the band members they were projecting various images on the screen to go with the songs (Atomic Bomb test footage for Walk With Me In Hell). Randy was every bit as aggressive and intense as every other time I've seen them, but right at the beginning he told everybody in the pit not to be an asshole and pick up anyone that falls down. Later on he gave a small speech about his arrest and trial...then he dedicated the song Black Label to the kid that died at that show.  I managed to evade security and jump down into the pit for the last 5 LoG songs and that shit was INSANE....dudes bleeding everywhere and shit....pretty crazy, but all in all an amazing show and a great set list with lots of older material from As The Palaces Burn and lots of stuff from Resolution as well.

10/10
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Aircooled

• New Directions
Re: [Concert Review] Killswitch Engage & Lamb of God
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 11:33:41 AM »
You missed Huntress!?!?! They are awesome. I saw them with The Rockstar Mayhem Fest.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [Concert Review] Killswitch Engage & Lamb of God
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 12:14:53 PM »
Meh, I was outside smoking and BS'ing with random drunken people...I've checked them out on the Jewtubes and I just didn't really feel like watching them...skipped Testament too, and glad I did...apparently their age shows....BAD :lol:
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.