Author Topic: Insurance...How Does it Work?  (Read 1641 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Insurance...How Does it Work?
« on: October 31, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
So luckily I have excellent Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance through my job. But thanks Dr. Dipshit, my bariatric surgeon being contracted to a hospital outside my preferred network, even after meeting my deductible and out of pocket...I still owe 20% for his bullshit. So I'm trying to sort this out...and they keep sending me bills with inconsistent amounts, and when I finally called to try and figure this shit out..they told me I owed them 60k. So I spoke with our company insurance agent, and he said to go through all my EOBs and find the most current ones, and that the hospital was just trying to scam me into paying more than I should...why the hell is this so complicated? I can only imagine what a cluster government run healthcare is going to be when it fully kicks in!
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Scuba

• My Website
Re: Insurance...How Does it Work?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »
I save every fucking EOB, when i get a bill I match it with the EOB, pay it, staple them together and file them away.  The only EOBs I throw away are the ones for office visits that say I owe 20 bucks for a co pay I've already paid.

Not sure how things work with out of network doctors though, as the only minor procedures I've had have been in my network.  (colonoscopy at 26 yrs old? sheesh!)

So basically, TL;DR, I was of no help to you.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:49:59 PM by Scuba »

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »
Yeah I keep all my EOBs in a box and I'm in the process of going through and sorting them...its just a huge pain in the dick and apparently hospitals "estimate" their bill...so that 60k they said I owe? Just came out of their ass...my insurance agent said find the final EOB, then call them and offer them a cash payout, never pay the full amount right up front because they will usually settle.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 02:26:46 PM »
NHS pls

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.