Author Topic: [Video Game] Grand Theft Auto 5  (Read 1330 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
[Video Game] Grand Theft Auto 5
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:11:47 AM »
As much as I want to write a long, wordy review of this game... it's just impossible to know where to begin. This game is massive and it really just needs to be played to appreciate.

So, in lieu of a long winded review, I'll just answer some questions.

"Are the graphics good?"
Yes. Not as polished as some modern games, but you're not likely to find much to complain about. Lighting, textures and modeling are all fantastic.

"Is the sound good?"
Better than ever. Guns sound like guns, cars sound like cars, the voice acting is great and the music is fantastic.

"Is it fun?"
Very much so. They truly captured the feel of GTA: San Andreas, but without some of the sillier aspects. There is so much to see and do, you never have an excuse for getting bored. And once the story line is finished and you've managed a 100% completion, there's GTA Online waiting for you, which is an incredibly rich and deep experience full of customization that goes far beyond what you find in the single player.

"Can you-"
Yes, you probably can. There are obviously limits, but for the most part, yes. You most definitely can. There are so many jaw-dropping moments when you try to break the games rules only to find out that Rockstar has it covered. Instead of just putting up invisible walls and glass ceilings, Rockstar limits what you can do in a logical, believable, acceptable way. Since those limits HAVE to exist, it's absolutely mind blowing that Rockstar was able to create a world in which they make perfect sense, and you're never left wondering WHY you can't do something.

Let me make it clear - everything about GTA V is absolutely stellar. It's the best GTA game ever made by a very, VERY wide margin. It's the best sandbox game by an even WIDER margin... and it's definitely, most certainly in the running for the greatest video game ever made.

Every complaint against GTA IV has been mended here. Almost everything you wanted to see in a GTA game has been brought to fruition. Rockstar has listened to its fans, and has created the GTA game that GTA fans have been begging for.

It's almost perfect in so many ways that you should be more than willing to forgive its very few shortcomings... and if you ever DO find yourself being overly critical of the game, just lead a police chopper through the wind farm and watch it get knocked out of the sky by the gigantic fan blades, and you'll likely find your criticism dialing itself back a few notches.

Or, go hop in your best car and cruise around Los Santos while pedestrians stop to take cell phone pics of it while giving you thumbs up.

Or just spend some time walking - yes, walking, not running or jogging - through the busiest areas of Los Santos and try to convince yourself that this game is anything less than a masterpiece.

I thought Liberty City was amazing, but GTA V's San Andreas is 10 times what Liberty City was in terms of detail.

And most importantly, it's FUN to play.

Just go buy it. I haven't even touched on the Online portion which is incredible and likely worth it's OWN $60 price tag. Go give them your money now and don't look back.

10/10

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [Video Game] Grand Theft Auto 5
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:22:36 AM »
TL;DR
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »
Holding off till the PC version happens... Or at least till they release the even more awesome PS4 version  8)

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 07:24:11 AM »
Been playing this since release day, and I can't find anything I dislike about the game. It's just ridiculously good.