Author Topic: Friend needs a kidney transplant...  (Read 1432 times)

DanDB64

Friend needs a kidney transplant...
« on: September 24, 2013, 01:44:52 AM »
I dunno, I'm probably freaked out about this because I am exhausted, but awake because I am waiting for a call to go to work. Anyways, she was always a sweet girl. She would always come around and help when we were working on my Mustang. I never had a relationship with her besides friends. She has a deadly kidney disease. She could very well die if she doesn't find a donor. I left a voicemail with her doctor saying I want to see if I can help. If i do, it will probably have some adverse affects on my life. I don't know all of the affects... I haven't researched much, but I want to help this girl out, just because she is a genuinely good person. She is a nurse in a children's hospital, and that only makes me feel more like I should help. What do other people think? What am I not thinking of that I should consider before I potentially go through with this? Arg I am so confused

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: Friend needs a kidney transplant...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »
Honestly in this day and age, unless something goes massively wrong...you'll be ok with one kidney. I know a guy that had to have one of his removed because it just up and decided to become a Kidney Stone factory. Philosophically though, I will say, only do it because YOU want to do it. Don't donate your kidney (potentially) out of some sense of obligation or in response to social pressure to "do the right thing". It's your kidney, its your property. If you want to donate it in the event you are a match then more power to you, I think that's a great thing. But if you get sketched out or do more research and decide you don't really want to risk such a procedure, don't let others guilt trip you in to it...its your body and health.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.