Author Topic: [MOVIE] The World's End  (Read 1343 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
[MOVIE] The World's End
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »
The third and final installment to the Cornetto Ice Cream Trilogy (Blood and Ice Cream, if you will), this is by far the darkest - don't get me wrong, I saw a certain darkness in Shaun of the Dead and in Hot Fuzz, but that was overlapped by comedy. This one has funny moments, but the entire time, you're watching and either painfully identifying with the main character in some way, or you know someone who is that person. I gritted my teeth between laughter a lot because I can see a large amount of myself in Gary King. It was almost to Young Adult proportions, at times.

I really don't want to spoil anything, and the movie was hilarious and I enjoyed it very much, but I guess some of it just hit a little too close to home at times. The entire recreation, path not taken, trying to undo/redo/torque/tweak in such a way as to have the outcome... I guess I never really realized how painful it is until I watched someone else do it. Especially someone like Simon Pegg, who I have come to believe is a giant ball of fun, happy, nonsensical whimsy and love. It was just hard. I don't know how else to describe it, and I know I'm giving the movie a psych evaul, but if you know what I mean, you'll understand.

Also Nick Frost and Pegg see a role reversal, which is funny. And refreshing, when it finally deteriorates. "I FUCKING HATE THIS TOWN!" :lol:

10/10

A very dark sendoff to the trilogy. I wish it didn't have to end, but like all things (this movie sort of pushes this home), it simply must.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Mr.Saab

Re: [MOVIE] The World's End
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:23:02 PM »
Yeah. This movie was perfect. Fun fact: I saw it in the cinema in Leicester Square in London where it premiered.