Author Topic: [Musical Album] Iwrestledabearonce- Late For Nothing  (Read 1226 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[Musical Album] Iwrestledabearonce- Late For Nothing
« on: July 31, 2013, 09:54:40 AM »
I was very eagerly awaiting this...because my beloved Krysta Cameron got knocked up by the 16a singer from Fair to Midland and quit the band, so I really wanted to see if they could continue without her unique vocals. Much to my surprise Courtney LaPlante was able to pretty seamlessly step into Krysta's shoes live, she isn't quite as exciting to watch, but vocally she can deliver. So I was ready to hear what she could deliver on record. Vocally, they did dicker A LOT with the screams, they slapped some effects on there so that she sounds exactly like Krysta when she screams...exactly, even though there is a noticeable difference on live footage. But her cleans are smooth, without a bunch of robo-sounding bullshit. They aren't quite as eccentric as Krysta's, she mainly stays on key, and follows a predictable melody considering what the rest of the band is doing, but its still GOOD. And speaking of the rest of the band...this record shows a huge deal of maturity in the song writing. No longer does weird shit happen just "because IWABO", the songs are still interesting and still have that avant-garde edge to them, with unusual structures, but they're much more coherent. You can tell the band is growing and meshing tighter than ever now that it seems they have a "permanent" line up. Really interesting album....not totally on board with Courtney yet...I need to see them live before I make that call, but musically this album doesn't disappoint at all.

7.75/10

EDIT: Forgot to mention the random ass Steve Vai solo on the song Carnage Asade....WTF Steve... :lol:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:21:08 AM by Meatywand »
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [Musical Album] Iwrestledabearonce- Late For Nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »
Went back and listened to Ruining It For Everyone....I miss Krysta :(
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.