Author Topic: I need a bit of courtroom advice....  (Read 1856 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
I need a bit of courtroom advice....
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:02:51 AM »
I'm going Friday to contest a ticket I got from my wreck on June 29th. It was raining and I went to change lanes, traffic stopped, I slid and rear ended a car during the lane change attempt. The cops issued me a Following to Close ticket based on the witness account of some random bitch, the cop did NOT see the accident. A lawyer friend of mine told me to take it to court because admitting guilt to the ticket puts the whole wreck on me and screws my insurance company.

What I want is some advice on how to contest it. If the officer doesn't show up I skate free right? And what about the witness bitch...if she isn't there do they have to throw it out from lack of proof?
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Sharp

Re: I need a bit of courtroom advice....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 12:07:02 AM »
Just tell them what happened... and it really depends on the courts as far as how they handle it.

FrameScrape

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
In new york state the cops don't even have to show up to court.  I pled not guilty to the only ticket I've had since I've lived up here and there was just a judge, the DA and me.  No cop no nothing.  I explained to the DA the situation and what I wanted to happen and he agreed and plead me down.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 12:12:56 AM »
Only down side is that I just got out of rehab, and just got back from Italy...so all I'm going to have is like 400 bucks cash to my name Friday when I go to court...I wonder if I can get it dropped to like a seat belt ticket...
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 12:28:02 AM »
In new york state the cops don't even have to show up to court.  I pled not guilty to the only ticket I've had since I've lived up here and there was just a judge, the DA and me.  No cop no nothing.  I explained to the DA the situation and what I wanted to happen and he agreed and plead me down.

Same here... teh cops are never in court in WV. Great for fighting illegal exhaust tickets :lol: