Author Topic: Family Kills Their Second Child...Because Jesus...  (Read 4143 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Family Kills Their Second Child...Because Jesus...
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:24:12 AM »
http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/blog/index.php/2013/07/death-by-prayer-christian-fundamentalist-parents-denied-their-children-medicine-and-watched-them-die/

Herbert Schaible responded to Brandon’s death by telling Philadelphia homicide detectives:

We believe in divine healing, that Jesus shed blood for our healing and that he died on the cross to break the devil’s power. Medicine is against our religious beliefs.

Catherine Schaible told police that when Brandon’s breathing became labored two days before his death, they called an assistant pastor to anoint and pray over their son. When Brandon stopped breathing, the Schaibles continued to pray for a miraculous revival before contacting the funeral home.

In an interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer, the head pastor of their church blamed the untimely deaths of Brandon and Kent on a “spiritual lack” in the Schaibles’ lives:

They [Herbert and Catherine Schaible] realize they must get back to God, to seek wisdom from him, to find where the spiritual lack is in their heart and life . . . so this won’t happen again.

The pastor got one thing right. The Schaible’s children suffered and died because of a spiritual lack on the part of their parents. But the lethal deficiency was not a lack of faith; it was a lack of reason—man’s only means of knowledge and only proper guide to action.

I find this type of behavior to be absolutely disgusting...even if this country has freedom of religion, not really sure that covers allowing your child to suffer and die while you wait for divine intervention. I'm extremely glad criminal charges are being pursued against these nutjobs.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Aircooled

• New Directions
Re: Family Kills Their Second Child...Because Jesus...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:34:42 PM »
I cannot believe that their pastor agrees with the way this was handled.

The hell is wrong with these idiots?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »
The hell is wrong with these idiots?
Mainly its the fact they take medical advice from a book written largely written by Bronze Age Sheep Herders. I don't care if it was divinely inspired or not...it's totally ignorant to take the Bible out of context like that and kill a kid because you're a Fundie Retard. Even one of Jesus' disciples was a physician (Luke I think, can't remember) if God was so against "modern" medicine as it was at the time that wouldn't have happened.

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »
A pastor of mine once said "If we weren't meant to take medicine, God wouldn't have given man the reason and ability to figure out how to improve his life.  There are all types of crazy in this world, and unfortunately a lot of them flock to religion."  Just ask true Muslims about Al Qaeda.  They will tell you the same thing.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »
Pretty much, the Fundie Extremists in every religion make the rest of them look bad, hell even Buhddist Monks have done crazy shit like light themselves on fire.

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
My grandma was once really sick and opposed to hospital care... only partially due to her belief that God would take care of her as far as I'm aware, but her pastor would visit her house every single day for several hours until he could convince her to go to the hospital and get checked out. I don't remember what was wrong with her but it ended up potentially saving her life.

So it's unfortunate that you wouldn't ever hear my grandma's story in the news, how her pastor didn't encourage "divine healing". You only ever hear about the bad stories.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »

Summed up in one image.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 07:59:05 PM »
^Haha

In all seriousness though, these people are just idiots. Why would they really believe that simply praying would heal their child?

I feel bad that the child was the one that suffered. I also agree that if we weren't meant to be able to help our selves we wouldn't have the reasoning to do it.

Poor kid.  :(

MadFairlane

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »
Why would they really believe that simply praying would heal their child?

Why would you believe that it wouldnt?

No that I agree with what they did, but as part of their faith they believed it was what would assist their child...

Your statement seems a bit redundant...

Now, back to normal programming, as I don't even know if what I typed is what it sounded like in my head :lol:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:57:07 PM by MadFairlane »
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:58:57 PM »
Yeah...but it didn't work with their first child who died of the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING....and part of the repercussions of that was that they were placed on Probation and legally obligated to seek medical treatment for their other child if he fell ill, which they obviously didn't, so I hope the court throws the book at them for being so retarded and assbackwards.

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
God helps those who help themselves.  We aren't supposed to depend on God for EVERYTHING.  That would be a pointless and lazy (or slothful if you want to go old school :lol: ) life. 

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:02 AM »
It's not that they had faith in the lord assisting them in healing their child, it's that they believed in divine intervention so strongly. People praying and believing that God will help them through a tough situation, or assist their loved ones with not being in pain is perfectly sane. The fact that they think God is punishing them by not magically healing their child is ludicrous. What's worse is that no one stepped in and took the poor suffering child to the hospital before he died.  :slap2: Their pastor just stood idly by and watched this family allow their child to suffer. That pisses me off beyond belief. I vote death penalty be brought back for these ignorant "parents" and charges to be extended to whatever idiotic church they go to.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
Why was their other kid not taken the fuck away? I feel like if we took kids from people as quickly as we'd take an animal away there'd be a lot less dead ass kids.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 11:08:36 PM »
Why was their other kid not taken the fuck away?

Because that is a double edged sword of policy.

Your child could be stripped away because he gets bullied at school and doesn't want to go, so the state steps in make sure he goes; or else.

Or, your child is stripped away because you 'let him' get injured while performing dangerous activities like dirt biking.

Or, your child is stripped away because you chose a safer medical alternative rather than using a riskier procedure the doctor is ordering.

Or, there is a major misunderstanding and you are labeled as dead beat parents until the state "drops charges" without vindicating his parents... all because of a gung-ho social worker.

The state cant always solve these problems. The public should speak up and the churchfolk should also step in and say, "Motherfucker, you're doing it wrong."

Don't rely on authoritarian power to solve all of your problems.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
I guess logic and common sense play no part in this.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »
I guess logic and common sense play no part in this.

Welcome to the Department of Bureaucracy.

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »
If you have a sick dog and dont get it medical care, you're charged with animal cruelty, just as if you beat the dog... why is it not the same with fucking children??
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 02:26:19 PM »
Did you read the article? They are being charged...they were already on probation from killing their other kid the same way..because Jesus.

His name was Meatywand.

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 05:08:17 PM »
Yeah, but if I recall, this happens every so often and they arent always charged.
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;