Author Topic: [SITE IDEA BITCHES] Ask Meaty Column?  (Read 3359 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[SITE IDEA BITCHES] Ask Meaty Column?
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
I know this was suggested jokingly, but I think it could also be of some value since Venom will be leaving us in a few months for basic training, alternatively I can resurrect my shitty blog and field questions there and link here if someone wants to give me my own Sticky Thread somewhere :yup:
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
Re: [SITE IDEA BITCHES] Ask Meaty Column?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:56:59 PM »
Do it! I'd gladly read your posts and throw you some questions. :yup:
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
We don't need anymore stickies, and honestly, the advice section can go anyways. We've kicked around the idea of user blogs; you were one of the people whose name comes up about the blog thing, so that's something that we've already discussed.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »
You could sticky it in the FFA or Brothel...maybe FFA would be safer since I'm sure anything I posted would be NSFW and I would probably break 16a constantly :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 11:52:36 PM »
I think we were talking about actual blogs. Not just never-ending threads that only the same 4 people will post in.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
I think we were talking about actual blogs. Not just never-ending threads that only the same 4 people will post in.

To be fair, I think there are only 4 or 5 people who regularly post at all anymore.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:46:08 AM »
To be fair, I think there are only 4 or 5 people who regularly post at all anymore.
I know :(

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »
Then there's no point at all. :lol:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »
Then there's no point at all. :lol:
I just want my wisdom published in multiple places :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »
Like I said, the blog idea is one we've talked about for a while. I absolutely will not endorse any more thread stickies or subforums though. I think it was mentioned with the idea of having links on the front page, etc.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »
That's fine...I guess, I don't really see the harm in having a sticky in a forum like FFA that most people who aren't professional trolls don't use :lol: But hell, a link on the front page would be cool...maybe even I could get ya'll to link my Malleus Blog too to help with my exposure there since I've been posting a lot more stuff this year....and thanks to my bachelor party and my honeymoon being in October there will be plenty of Haunt Reviews going up there as well.

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 07:44:41 AM »
I just don't think ONE dedicated thread, sticky or otherwise, is a good idea. I can pretty much tell you what it will be. It will be about 20-40 pages long, an 70% of it will be bullshit normal FFA stuff (you, myself, Nava, JD) that just ends up in there because of a tangent then 100 replies from us; 20% of it will be actual blog content (half you posting, half people responding); 10% of it will be people whining because it's too flooded and they can't find anything.

An actual link roster on the front page for user blogs will include Jim, you, Nick, myself, and really anyone else who feels they want to add something content-wise. We aren't talking daily "blah blah" things - Jim may do stories, Caryn cooking, Nick his derby stuff, I'll probably do terrible dating tips, and you can do your reflection on sobriety/haunt stuff whatever. My point is, the blogs were actually supposed to have a purpose to them. Anyone can have one, but we have a forum, plus facebooks, so it would need to have an actual reason to be on the site that wouldn't just qualify as a "lol thread about x" or "dear facebook, today my day at work sucked ass".

I would expect the blogs to damn near be in the narrative. I know you have no problem dropping a massive post about a specific subject, so really, I think THIS would give you much more then just a thread that will get cluttered and eventually shut.