Author Topic: [Movie] Olympus has Fallen  (Read 1148 times)

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
[Movie] Olympus has Fallen
« on: June 30, 2013, 07:21:39 PM »
Olympus Has Fallen is a race-against-time action thriller starring Gerard Butler and directed by Antoine Fuqua (Training Day, Tears of the Sun).

The basic premise of the movie is Washington DC is under attack,  the White House (Olympus) is compromised, and the president (played by Aaron Eckhart) is captured inside along with several top government officials.

Mike Banning (Butler) is a former hotshot Secret Service agent who runs straight to the White House when the attacks begin. He infiltrates the compound, and the story goes from there. There's not much plot, but this was a pretty fun movie. There's a ton of massive shootouts, including a Spectre and some Blackhawks. The special effects were great and the sound was fantastic.

There is one key part of this movie that makes it hilariously unbelievable:
(click to show/hide)

Anyway, I enjoyed this movie. Decent popcorn flick with a couple of my favorite actors.

Grim91Z

Re: [Movie] Olympus has Fallen
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 08:26:21 PM »
For some reason the plot of this seems similar to the plot of White House Down, only with a white pres. :lol:

With that said, I've heard all over the op is a good movie. Not sure about the latter.
Formerly DoD.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [Movie] Olympus has Fallen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 08:38:32 PM »
The one that just came out is bombing horribly....

I kinda wanted to see Olympus Has Fallen because it was filmed here and I drove by the White House set like 3 or 4 times :lol:
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.