Author Topic: [Movie Review Now] World War Z  (Read 1968 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
[Movie Review Now] World War Z
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:58:10 PM »
Has anyone seen it yet? I'm really torn on it. I'm a huge fan of the novel...but the massive change in plot and the totally fucked up production history of the movie have kinda put me off from seeing it. So...is it worth my 10 bucks? Should I just ummmm obtain it instead? Or is it a heap of shit? It seems to be getting positive reviews from mainstream sources...which also slightly puts me off.

REVIEW EDIT:

So I went and saw it tonight and I was actually surprised. If the title would have been different, I would have really loved this movie. But the waste of the IP does piss me off slightly. The pacing on the action was really great until the 3rd act, which you could tell had been re-shot and tacked on (the production was plagued with problems) somewhat. The fast "zombies" were actually awesome in this movie, the tidal wave effect of them was comparable to the horrifying horde style of the slow zombies. Only thing that kinda irked me was the blatant Israeli propaganda (OMG MAGIC MOSSAD IS SAVING THE WORLD) that showed the Palestinians as the ones that "cause" a mjor Zombie attack. But other than that it was pretty fucking good.

7.5/10
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:06:45 AM by Meatywand »
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
Re: [Movie Inquiry] World War Z
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »
My GF saw it and said wait for Netflix.

Apparently the PG13 rating really brings it down or something.

Grim91Z

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »
Mainstream gives it a good rating, but horror tycoons didn't care for it. I'm assuming it's just a cookie cutter zombie movie, with less blood.

Saving my money.
Formerly DoD.

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
It's more of an action thriller than anything.

I went and saw it with Bill, and we both liked it. It's not an OMG best Zombie movie ever type, but still ok.

I haven't read the book ( I know, sue me), but the story in the movie seemed to be well put together, and the characters were like able.

Basically it just follows around one lucky U.N. guy that somehow manages to travel around the world and find a way to avoid being killed. I also liked the fact that finally a movie came out where people knew what a Zombie was. However, I'd consider it more of an action flick than anything. Not a whole lot about it was scary..

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »
But these aren't Zombies...they're too fast [/shitstorm]

I've basically been told that all it shares with the book is the title and a couple ideas and that's it, and that if you can separate that in your head its not a bad movie.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
Yeah, but they follow all the other traits. Mindless/hunger driven/large groups/bite transmitted/ rabies like symptoms/Have to shoot in the head to kill/ etc.

Yeah, I guess since I had never read the book it didn't matter to me.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
I thought that the point of the book was to show the WORLD part of WWZ. This basically shows Brad Pitt being AMERICA FUCK YEAH and running forever.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »
Most movies are that way now. I'm excited for Pacific Rim... at least that appears to acknowledge that there's an entire world beyond California and New York.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 08:25:42 AM »
YEAH, THAT COMES OUT, LIKE, TOMORROW

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

1fastII

• KWEH?!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »
It comes out here tonight. :D