Author Topic: Ricer of the Month  (Read 2488 times)

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
Ricer of the Month
« on: September 07, 2010, 10:10:56 PM »
I feel we've gotten a bit too soft on Ricers. We are ANTI-RICE.com after all. Now, I'm not suggesting we go all board-war on some ricer site like RKC or anything (though I would love to be part of that) because you never know if they have a supa-leet-capa-cop-killa-hacker in their midst that could destroy us in one fell swoop, but I really think we need to do something that sort of reiterates the reason this site even exists in the first place.

So, how about a Ricer of the Month program in Spy Photos?

I'm open to suggestions, but here's my take on how it could work.

A-R members peruse the internet in search of the riciest of the ricers. They could be on E-bay, Craigslist, Cardomain, Myspace, Facebook, or other forums. Pictures featured here at Anti-Rice.com are NOT eligible, nor are pictures of cars that are obviously decorated in an extreme way, like cars with all sorts of sculptures all over them.

An eligible car must be a car that somebody drives and has modified claiming it to be something better than what it really is.

A-R Members post a single selection of their findings in the "Ricer of the Month" thread,

Rice is a subjective term obviously, since we can't all agree on a singular definition... however, that won't matter since a vote will take place on which is the riciest of the ricers, so majority rules.

When the admin running the Ricer of the Month thread opens submissions, A-R member will post the one ricer they found to be ricier than the rest. Voting will be closed at 10 submissions, just like the Ride of the Month thread in Membermobiles.

Then, assuming they're willing, the admins will narrow down the entries to 3, just like in Ride of the Month, and members will vote on the final 3 for the Ricer of the Month.

Ricer of the Month winner gets... nothing, for his contribution, other than recognition for being able to spot the riciest rice.

If we someday get a cash system back on A-R, the winner could be awarded a large sum of A-R cash.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Re: Ricer of the Month
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »
I'm game for this.

Chopper Chuck

• ^Awesomeness^
    • Rice Patrol
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »
Yup.

When the ban lottery gets out, I'll hunt up some good ones from the CarDomain blog.  They showcase the absolute most fucked up shit on the blog.
FUNCTION > FORM
"If you're not going fast, you're a dumbass!"
Proud owner of GT5 Collector's Edition

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »
I think this is a good idea only if the user that finds the ricer has the balls to link them to the thread like Speedy did.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
I think it would be more interesting if it's only ricers that you've taken a picture of personally.  No internet finds.

Quote from: meatywand
Mr. Bagged Milk Maaaaahzda. :lol:

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
I think it would be more interesting if it's only ricers that you've taken a picture of personally.  No internet finds.

I agree, but that limits things a lot - Personally, I haven't seen a ricer around here in weeks.

I think this is a good idea only if the user that finds the ricer has the balls to link them to the thread like Speedy did.

Yes, I think that should be required - link them to the "Ricer of the Month" thread telling them that they've won :lol:

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:52 AM »
I'm game for this.

Well, I'll make the submissions thread if you wanna sticky it, or you can lock mine and create and official, or whatever you want to do. Totally leaving it in your hands, I just want to create the thread now because I'm bored and I want to see what people come up with :lol:

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
Well, I'll make the submissions thread if you wanna sticky it, or you can lock mine and create and official, or whatever you want to do. Totally leaving it in your hands, I just want to create the thread now because I'm bored and I want to see what people come up with :lol:

We'll use yours, I just won't get to it beyond the sticky part for now.  It'll be a week or two, but we'll take the first 10, staff (admins and mods) narrow it down to 3, then users vote on final.