Author Topic: Annoying an officer is now a Class E Felony  (Read 1538 times)

Maverick

• Beast Within
Annoying an officer is now a Class E Felony
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
http://rt.com/usa/us-police-harrassment-crime-308/

http://www.nysenate.gov/press-release/senate-passes-bill-making-harassment-police-officer-crime

The NY senate passed a bill making the harassment of a bolice officer a felony. Why is this bad?

Criticize the police in person? That's a crime.
Offend a police officer in person? Class E Felony.
Video tape Police officers potentially abusing their power? FOUR YEARS IN PRISON CRIMINAL SCUM!

Have the shit beaten out of you to within moments of your death for a language barrier? No action taken.

Four years maximum penalty for what could be the opinion of a law enforcement officer, even if this officer simply doesn't like you.

This is sweeping legislation. It will now be a felony to videotape them. It is now a felony to yell at cops during civil unrest like the occupy protests (you too, right wingers). This, plus many subversive bills aimed at removing any protections we once had, is the way our liberty ends. Expect this shit to reach your state in, my prediction of, 5 years after the inner circles of brass across the country share their experiences under this law.

It could have been stopped. We actually had a chance.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:07:45 PM by wicho »

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: Annoying an officer is now a Class E Felony
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »
CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE VIDEO TAPING SCUM

This kind of legislation is disgusting, I mean....technically wouldn't prohibiting filming be a limitation on Freedom of the Press? Or hell...just the whole freedom in public places deal? People always point at me and say I'm paranoid...but hell, this shit makes me feel vindicated for the most part, and pretty sketched out. I highly expect to see legal challenges to it though.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Aircooled

• New Directions
Re: Annoying an officer is now a Class E Felony
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »
I'm just going to stay inside....

No Freedom of Speech. Militarized police forces etc. Maybe I will move to Japan.