Author Topic: CPS takes child from parents for getting a second opinion  (Read 1862 times)

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: CPS takes child from parents for getting a second opinion
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
#1. You don't really "leave" a hospital without a discharge or without firmly stating to the current Doctor on call that you are leaving and I believe some liability and fianancial paperwork has to be done before you walk out. From what I read, they just walked out. That could be construed as fraud and or/theft depending on the hospital.

#2. The Dad or whoever it was that said "My keys are in my pocket" submitted to the search right there and that allowed the police to go in and snatch and grab. You never EVER agree to a search of your home if there is no warrant involved.

I haven't read the version of the story that you've posted, but there are 2 of them floating around (at least) a pretty cut and dry news story and a "Facebook" repost version that is all sob story and has some exaggerated shit thrown in.

I think what CPS and the Police did is disgusting and wrong, but the parents also made multiple mistakes that lead to the seizure of their child.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:11:44 AM by Meatywand »
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:51:02 PM »
#1. You don't really "leave" a hospital without a discharge or without firmly stating to the current Doctor on call that you are leaving and I believe some liability and fianancial paperwork has to be done before you walk out. From what I read, they just walked out. That could be construed as fraud and or/theft depending on the hospital.

#2. The Dad or whoever it was that said "My keys are in my pocket" submitted to the search right there and that allowed the police to go in and snatch and grab. You never EVER agree to a search of your home if there is no warrant involved.

I haven't read the version of the story that you've posted, but there are 2 of them floating around (at least) a pretty cut and dry news story and a "Facebook" repost version that is all sob story and has some exaggerated shit thrown in.

I think what CPS and the Police did is disgusting and wrong, but the parents also made multiple mistakes that lead to the seizure of their child.

They are also foreigners.  It's quite possible that they didn't know their rights.  They have also said they told the doctor they were getting a second opinion..they ended up with a third opinion as well.  Finally, the CPS report stated that the hospital said the child was suffering from severe neglect.  That kid looks anything BUT neglected.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »
Yeah from my recent experience....hospitals are retarded and do stupid shit all the time, as do doctors, like the one (not my surgeon, just the ER on call Doc) that put me on a NO EAT NO DRINK order when I went to the ER for Fever after my surgery because they "might" need to do an Upper GI Scope....I didn't manage to get that shit fixed until early afternoon the next day...which meant I missed breakfast and lunch and I was sneaking to the bathroom to drink water out of the bathroom faucet because I wasn't "allowed" to have water until a doctor said so. My Doctor was finally done in the OR and able to make rounds in the afternoon and when I told him about the order he was like WTF is this shit?

Anyway my tangent aside, simply telling a Doctor you're leaving usually doesn't count though....you have to at least sign out of the hospital sometimes at the expense of being banned from that facility for non-compliance. Also, no matter which story you read its obvious the cops came in heavy handed as hell so immigrant or natural born citizen, its easy to forget what to do under that kind of pressure and stress. I mean we're raised our whole lives to trust the Police, and 90% of the time you can, but unfortunately because of shit like THIS you have to know when you can refuse their orders.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.