Author Topic: Looking at tires for my pickup..  (Read 3544 times)

ling427ttvette

Looking at tires for my pickup..
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
Like I mentioned, I want to get rid of those 18" wheels. And now I definitely want to, a set of Grapplers would be $1600+ shipping for these wheels. I'll pass on that for sure.

I want some 16's, and just remembered www.treadwright.com and saw I can get a set of 315/75R16's shipped to me for $700, I like that price a lot, and also wanted to give treadwright a try, since Nick seems to like his tires from them.

But, wanted some opinions from the other guys here who run bigger tires and where would be good to look and get some decent prices. I need a halfway decent tire for a decent price, these roads I live on tear up a tire quick.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: Looking at tires for my pickup..
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
I've had a set of 35" KM2s on my Jeep for almost 3 years now and they have been great. They aren't too loud, handle well in the rain and are amazing offroad. I want to test out Treadwright but they don't carry any 35s for 15" wheels....so lame.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:51:06 PM by Meatywand »
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:58:45 PM »
I swear by TreadWright, still having a good experience with my tires.

If you'll be chewing up tires often, you'd probably be wise to choose TreadWright. They're said to live just as long as most big name tires, but at 50-75% of the price, it's sort of a no-brainer.

ling427ttvette

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
Have you had them in some good mud at all? That's my biggest area of curiosity about them, we may not get rain often but when these roads get muddy, they get muddy.

I figure if anything to, these will be a bit skinnier than my current tires which should do me better in the mud, and how it behaves in the ruts on the back roads and on the street.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »
I haven't, but I've been told they tend to clog up in clay... so maybe they're not an ideal choice. They rocked in the snow, though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LihRCk5jkWU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LihRCk5jkWU</a>

ling427ttvette

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »
Will have to come back to the video, internet options for rural areas aren't the best around here. Can't even get it to play on my cell right now, they are doing lots of maintenance trying to bring in 4g I believe/hope.

There's not much clay around here that I know of, I'm still willing to give them a shot. When you ordered yours, were they in stock or did you have to call them?

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »
They were supposedly on 6 week back order but mine showed up in 3 weeks. Customer service is awesome, give them a call and ask them any questions and they'll help you however they can.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 08:32:47 PM »
I just emailed them about 35s for 15s....they used to stock them, no idea why they don't have them anymore. I really love my KM2s but I really don't want to pay 1,100 bucks for another set of 4 tires.

His name was Meatywand.

Southern_Pride

• Whoopie ti yo
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 08:48:06 PM »
I loved my mickey thompson baja claws. They worked good in mud and sand. I'm not sure what a rock looks like.The price sucked though. I like my FC-2's as well. They are good in the mud for an a/t and after 10k miles they still look about like new.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »
Baja's work great in the rocks too!

His name was Meatywand.

jeepidude

• Ford/Dodge/Hondadude
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 11:56:57 PM »
If you want ludicrous amounts of traction pff-road, Interco Super Swamper TSLs are nice... I wouldn't use them for a on-road DD though  :lol:

My Firestone Desination M/Ts have given far better wet traction than my previous Mastercraft Courser C/Ts, better than the Jeep's Super Swampers (and the horrifyingly bad Cooper Discovery S/Ts before them) as well. Can't speak as to off-road traction yet, but I expect good things. Long time ago I had Kuhmo Road Venture ATs on the X-90 that worked impressively well in dirt and roads, though mud was a different story.

A set of ~35" Destinations would run a tad over a grand.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:58:57 PM by jeepidude »

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 09:21:09 PM »
I've got about 60,000 miles on the BFG A/Ts that I got about 5 years ago.

ling427ttvette

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 09:28:30 PM »
Wheels found and purchased for $200, tires on wheels sold for $100.

Tires and wheels on truck sold for $750, new tires from TreadWright for $700 will be ordered. Total investment: $50. Fuck yeah!

NovaDK13

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
Not sure on price but I had a set of Mickey Thompson mtz's on my silverado and they were great in mud and snow good on rain roads too, I also have the factory locker so that helps. My pathfinder I had Goodyear bfg's which were also great in mud and snow but I didn't really like them in wet conditions on pavement they seamed to make the truck back happy even with the to not so badass Nissan 3.0 or whatever it had.