Author Topic: The JROTC kids in my school  (Read 9195 times)

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
The JROTC kids in my school
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »
I'm coming to realize how much I despise the JROTC kids in my school. They are all racist, obnoxious dicks who do nothing but beat eachother up in the lunchroom, start fights with random kids, throw food, and basically act like a bunch of retards. They're like an 80's movie group of football jocks. They're all FUCK YEAH 'MERICA gun nuts who always talk about joining the army to go KILL SUM AYRABS, and yet few of them have ever fired a gun or been out of the country. Yet, they march around and treat everyone like shit, like they own the building.

I'm not saying that JROTC kids are all assholes, or that the armed forces are assholes, or that gun nuts are assholes, just that the ones in my school... are all assholes.

What's up with that? Why is it that you cant give kids responsibility or recognition without them turning into a troop of festering douche bags?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:34:53 PM by AJ »
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
Re: The JROTC kids in my school
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:52 PM »
How long did it take you to get out of the locker and fix that wedgie?

Jim

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

AJ

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
We dont have lockers, and I'm almost 6 foot, and I keep to myself and my friends, so it's not like anyone beat me up or anything. The only exception to my loathing of the JROTC is one of my closest friends, so I am forced to be around them a lot, and so I see their douchebaggery first hand every day.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »
gun nuts

Woah, woah, woah...

Leave guns out of this.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 07:58:42 AM »
I have no idea about the JROTC kids at your school, but ours are really fantastic. Then again we really have a great bunch of kids.
Our program there is very different than any school we have ever been in and there just isn't the fighting and douch baggery. After seeing how these kids act and react with each other I have a little more faith in the future... Even if only in our little corner.

Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 08:02:55 AM »
It honestly sounds like a leadership issue as much as anything.

Jim

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

Dewman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:01:10 AM »
I have no idea about the JROTC kids at your school, but ours are really fantastic. Then again we really have a great bunch of kids.
Our program there is very different than any school we have ever been in and there just isn't the fighting and douch baggery. After seeing how these kids act and react with each other I have a little more faith in the future... Even if only in our little corner.

I am not saying you are wrong but kids can and do act differently when they are away from parental/authority figures.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »
Very true...but I see these kids in the community also and stand by my statement.

Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »
Caryn is also at the school daily and most think that she is a student.

Jim

Moral of this lesson:

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 01:52:39 PM »
It's the instructors.  When I was in JROTC I had a Marine Sgt Major and Major as my MI and SMI.  They allowed no slip in discipline, and if you did mess up, you were gone.

I went back recently to visit my old unit and Sgt Major.  He was talking to my buddy and I, both of whom were in the unit in the late 80's and early 90's, and we found out just how much things have changed.  You are no longer allowed to have a physical test that determines if you are allowed to stay or not (pull ups, push ups, run time, etc).  It's become a bird course for some.  The Sgt Major allowed us to take a group of kids who volunteered to work with us for a couple hours after school with the full understanding that we were going to treat them like it was a boot camp.  3 of the 20 dropped out within the first 5 minutes.  We didn't go overboard, we simply went with the way we were treated.  Afterwards we cleared up a lot of misconceptions (believe it or not, it's still a popular belief that the food is crap, they barely feed you, and that you have to take cold showers).  But the fact that only 20 showed up, and 3 dropped out in 5 minutes from a unit with over 200 cadets didn't speak well to me.

AJ, kids these days just don't understand what is going on.  Well, kids of ANY time frame.  They tend to think they are invincible.  Fortunately for me, my instructors kept us pretty grounded.  There are people out there (unfortunately the military isn't exempt from these type of people) who will do a job simply because it's a job and they get paid.  They don't put a lot of effort or work into it.  The unit you're talking about sounds a lot like the instructors are that type of people.  Hell, I got a D on a math test one time.  I was running laps after school, every day, 2 minutes for every point below 100%, until the next test.  The next test wasn't for a friggin month.  2 things came from that.

1. I had great stamina after that month.  I really should have joined cross country or track at that point.

2. I 100%ed the test after that.

In a case of something like that, AJ, you have to seriously consider the instructors, they are the leaders and set the example.

AJ

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »
Woah, woah, woah...

Leave guns out of this.

It's very much related to the actual gun issue. It's not the guns, it's whether or not the user of the gun is an asshole. The people I'm talking about are like "just give me my gun so I can go KILL SOME TERRORISTS"... those people are not future responsible gun owners.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »
So... you are against killing terrorists?

Jim

Moral of this lesson:

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 08:13:11 PM »
You describe the athletes at my high school; the ROTC kids had a good leader who didn't put up with any bullshit. He inspired love and admiration, not fear, and that goes a long way. They weren't assholes because they wanted to make him proud, and also because MC angry was a scary fucking sight to behold. :lol:

But yeah, I've heard of the ROTC 16as being like that. The same ones that have no life experience but think they're "real" marines or whatever because they have a uniform. Those are people who will sadly become military/police/EMS and abuse the power they're given. Shitbags never change. Growing up military, I can totally confirm that.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

MadFairlane

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »
JROTC?
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

orangeLJ

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
^ Im with the other clueless Aussie....

JROTC?

Jesus rocks out to choirboys?

(and I dont mean the type that get molested, I mean the 80s Aussie pub band)

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 01:17:54 AM »
JROTC?

^ Im with the other clueless Aussie....

JROTC?

Jesus rocks out to choirboys?

(and I dont mean the type that get molested, I mean the 80s Aussie pub band)

Damn bogans.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=JROTC

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

MadFairlane

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 07:40:27 AM »
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

AJ

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
So... you are against killing terrorists?

Jim

Dude, if that's all you're getting out of this thread, then you must have missed a lot.

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »
I was in JROTC in High School. I had a great set of instructors, and we were all very disciplined. A lot of that came down to the instructors of us as kids. They inspired us to be driven and successful.

I went on to join the Army and served my country by going overseas and doing what I thought was right. I'm not saying that all schools programs are good, or that yours in particular is the norm. It is a little upsetting that these kids think killing people is fun, or cool. It isn't, I wasn't infantry or anything, but I knew that it was my job to ensure that people died every night we sent out Helicopters. I saw a lot of video footage of our mission and flew on a few that involved some pretty life changing experiences. Can't say exactly what we were doing.... but it wasn't 100% glamorous liked the way these kids are making it sound.

It actually makes me a little mad that they get away with acting that way. Maybe bring it up to faculty and have them let the instructors address this.

James

• Meh
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46:30 PM »

It's very much related to the actual gun issue. It's not the guns, it's whether or not the user of the gun is an asshole.

Jim owns guns.

Jim is an asshole.

Jim would probably kill terrorists if given an opportunity.

Your argument is invalid now.
Four boxes protect liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
Same here :lol:

Our ROTC was 16a as fuck considering it was Air Force ROTC :lol: I think only one school in the area had an Army one, it was in the hood though.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »
I guess some of them are just bad programs. Ours was Navy and our instructors were a Marine Master Gunnery SGT, and a Navy Commander, who was a pilot for 25 years. Everyone I still talk to from that program has either had a successful Military career or gone off to college and made something of themselves.

I feel like our two instructors really gave us a lot of guidance when necessary and helped all of us to be who we are today. Even if we were kind of brainwashed into the military mindset haha.

BTW about the gun issue thing. I have been called an asshole before, am a gun owner, responsible for the deaths of some terrorists. However I am not a mentally unstable maniac that would kill innocent people for shock value. America doesn't have a gun issue, we have an issue identifying and treating people with mental disorders. There are millions of responsible gun owners.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »
I like this new guy....

The program at my highschool was "good" in that most of the kids that were in it did follow through to I guess "real" ROTC in college then into the Air Force....but it was just kinda lame since it was the Air Force :lol: Lots of dorks in the program just so they could skip PE :lol: I took the football route to get my PE credits, play football for 2 years, actually be friends with the scary thuggish black dudes and get swole....worked well enough for me :lol:
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

AJ

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »

Lots of dorks in the program just so they could skip PE :lol:

This too. Lot of this. :lol:

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
Lots of dorks in the program just so they could skip PE :lol:

Yeah, well, the military is opening up the JROTC units more now.  Physical requirements (push ups, sit ups, run times) can no longer be used to drop someone from the unit.  So the ones in there now are there because without that, you have a military history class, and a class in which you are legally allowed to fire pellet guns in the school.