Author Topic: [MOVIE] Evil Dead 2013  (Read 2452 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
[MOVIE] Evil Dead 2013
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:07:12 PM »
 Man. I did not enjoy this film. I guess, I mean, knowing on the previews what I was getting into here with the gore, but it was taken up to 11 in most instances, to the point where it wasn't campy or narmy, it was almost borderline gorn. There was eye scare, body horror, lots of limb removals, ugh. The main character is pretty much an expy of Ash, so you can definitely expect that she gets fucked over the worst; the part where her hand goes is pretty brutal -  nothing like the other chick trying to cut hers off with a damn electric carver though (this is all in the previews, heh).

I was really hoping that it retained some of the campy comedy like Army of Darkness did, but they really abandoned anything funny in favour of "LET'S MAKE IT BLOODIER AND MORE PAINFUL". I subscribe fully to the idea that if this were real, these people would have been dead inside of like, 10 minutes. One guy gets beaten to shit once, then again, then a third time before finally eating it, while there is elsewhere entirely too much loss of body parts for anyone to survive.

I think the scariest part of the film is
(click to show/hide)
. That was the one part I couldn't watch all the way through, and in fact, that almost made me leave the theatre altogether.

For those of you wondering, there is still scary tree rape, but again, taken up to fucking eleven.

I'd rate this movie, but I'd give it a 1/10, and it's very obvious this is NOT my subgenre of horror, so I'll let someone else do the rating, there. I can safely say though that the speed at which gorn is becoming more and more intertwined with horror movies is not making me happy. I'm happy to see the Purge when it comes out, and that's it for me.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: [MOVIE] Evil Dead 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:08:54 AM »
I loved this movie. Mainly because all the effects were done without CGI. Makeup and practical effects are skills slowly being lost by Hollywood in favor of CGI since its cheaper and faster. I thought they did a really good job of shaping the story in a way that fans of the older movies would still enjoy this and that new comers wouldn't be like "huh"? To me, the gore was excessive, but didn't really toe the gorn line too much with the exception of a couple moments. The original Evil Dead wasn't campy or funny, that didn't happen until Army of Darkness, so it would have been out of place in an Evil Dead remake. Nothing in this made me really cringe, except for the whole boxcutter thing, that was a little uncomfortable. But the movie kept up a good pace once everything went to shit, and the characters were actually likeable enough in a couple cases that you were actually rooting for them, not just counting down the minutes until they get killed.

8/10
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
I counted down the minutes until homeslice who took a needle to the eye died. He pissed me off. He started it, he could have spoken up sooner. Hippie-glasses wearing fuckface.

At the very end of the movie all I could think was, if that were me, I'd probably have to double down on the H from now on :lol:

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
That poor bastard....he just couldn't catch a break.

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
IT WAS HIS FAULT

Grim91Z

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »
I loved it, too. It really is a stand out in today's supernatural/ghost movie abundance. The practical effects and gore made it even better.
Formerly DoD.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »
They planning on remaking the second?

I wanna see the flying head thing modernized.

MadFairlane

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 01:07:43 AM »
NOPE.jpg
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

Grim91Z

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 02:18:34 AM »
They planning on remaking the second?

I wanna see the flying head thing modernized.
http://www.movieweb.com/news/evil-dead-2-remake-and-army-of-darkness-2-will-lead-to-evil-dead-7

Seems to be going a bit further than that.
Formerly DoD.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 08:21:08 AM »
Yeah I'm very interested to see the stories of Ash and Mia intersect.....could be really, really cool. And I also liked that
(click to show/hide)

His name was Meatywand.

1fastII

• KWEH?!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 11:34:45 AM »
Ever seen a chainsaw that's been sitting for years start on the first pull without using the choke?

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »
Or the fact that she hadn't nearly enough gas to get the chainsaw going as long as she did?

Yeah, I figured out Mia was the expy of Ash without having seen the movies (except bits of AoD).

I will say this... the part where Natalie is about to take her arm off and possessedMia is peeking out of the trap door going, "CUT IT! CUT IT!" and nodding her head excitedly... :lol: