Author Topic: Are wrist tattoos for men gay?  (Read 18444 times)

Scotty

• AR LATE NIGHT CLUB
Are wrist tattoos for men gay?
« on: March 22, 2013, 01:43:42 AM »
I'm thinking about getting tattoos on my wrists, and undecided upon which to get:

Either the Apollo moon lander on one wrist, and a gear on the other, to symbolize my passion for engineering, or the chain links from bioshock with "a man chooses" under one and "a slave obeys" under the other, but I dunno if I even want to do either because they seem kinda fruity?  I'm hella self conscious. 

EITHER WAY:  DISCUSS

fake edit:  Also, job opportunities - engineering firms may look down upon tattoos, and it may be best to keep 'em out of sight, ya know?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 01:47:29 AM by Scotty »
Please, please, please, let me get what I want. Lord knows it would be the first time.
Quote from: sponty
I have no taste and blow dogs for quarters.
"in the depths were old ones lie, perhaps death itself may one day die"

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
Re: Are wrist tattoos for men gay?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:52:03 AM »
In an average Corp environment, you want to be able to cover then with work attire.
As to if those are fruity... it's gayer than 8 guys fucking 6 guys.

Jim

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
I wouldn't get wrist tattoos....EVER unless it was the bottom of a full sleeve :lol: They're hard to cover even with long sleeve shirts, and are a bit more of a chick thing than a dude thing. And as cool as the Bioshock chains are....its super cliched and played out now :(
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
Maybe some people would think so, but who cares? Fuck what other people thing. If I ever get a tattoo, it would probably be something on the underside of my arm, between my wrist and my forearm. But then again, this is coming from a guy with shoulder-length partially blue hair, so... whatever man :lol:

No, I dont think it's gay.
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 03:12:55 PM »
Huh I used to have blue hair in a weird hair cut very similar to Chad Gray's during Mudvayne's LD50 days. I wouldn't really call any tattoo placement "gay" unless you got a tramp stamp or something....I'd just be more concerned with placement for employers. I have 7 tattoos and in my normal work attire, none of them are visible.

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 05:46:47 PM »
I wouldn't call it gay...if you were a girl.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
Calling it gay is useless conjecture.

It being stupid on the other hand...

My only opinion on this is to make all tattoos classy and cryptic.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

TheBlackShed

• Bunny in Bag
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »
If you have to ask.......

but just make sure you can get something to match your hoe tag that you will probably get next.
Choot'em!

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »
'Hoe' tag? You do know that a hoe is a garden tool, correct? As for whether it's "gay" or not, that's absolutely nobody's business but your own. You are the only one who has to live with it. I would consider employment issues, but I have long often considered the Umbrella corporate logo on my wrist, and I'm fortunate enough that my watch face is the same size as the logo.

Do what makes you happy in the end, just consider all pros and cons.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 02:40:07 PM »
I think he meant the other hoe. You know, as in "skank ass bitch hoe". Context is everything.

wantahertzdonut

• You won't like me when I'm hungry.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »
Don't get anything you can't cover up for a job interview.  You can get away with ink in engineering but having it out for all to see has the potential to make life difficult.  While there are exceptions, engineering is an annoyingly conservative world.
Why do the loudest stereos belong to those with the worst taste in music?

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 07:54:45 AM »
I think he meant the other hoe. You know, as in "skank ass bitch hoe". Context is everything.

Yeah... there is no "other" hoe. The only thing hoe means is a garden tool.  The word is "ho". It's a shortened form of "whore". Context is nothing when the issue is definition and spelling.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »
Holy shit...you know what he meant...

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 03:13:56 PM »
Actually, some of the time, I don't. :lol:

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 03:28:49 PM »
WHERE MY HOES AT?

Seriously, I got a cotton field that needs some work.

His name was Meatywand.

Kau Boi

• Jewish Gangster, I spray paint things in Lansing
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »
I have the star of David on on my left wrist, if I put a quarter on it the points just poke through. I have it there as a reminder of the struggles that my family went through and it reminds me that I can get through anything. It is easily covered and people don't notice most of the time unless I point it out or blatenly hold my hand out for something.
--- 2013 Ford Taurus SEL  -  1984 Honda Shadow ---

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
OMGZ TEH JUDENZ!

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:01 AM »

Re: Star of David tattoo being about the size of a quarter - the Umbrella logo I wanted fits perfectly beneath the face of my Nixon Small Scout watch (the best watch ever). I think in your situation and in my hypothetical, the watch face covering it up is pretty much the best way to go about it if it needs to be done.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:38:13 AM by dotCom »

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:34 PM »
Believe it or not the inside of your wrist goes unnoticed most of the time. Just prepare to wear long sleeves to interviews. I have a 1"X 1" 13 on the inside of my left wrist. Got it on Fri. the 13th for $13 at a studio called UL 13 hah. Most people don't even know it is there. However, if you have No other tattoos I would suggest getting one easily covered by a T-shirt. I on the other hand am a lost cause and recently moved to an area that Tattoos are more taboo.  :slap2:

:Edit: No they are not gay. Ink doesn't have a preference, or a sex for that matter.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:41:58 PM by Aircooled »

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
I have never understood the whole get the number 13 tattooed on you thing. When my favorite studio did their Friday the 13th deal with was $20 tats (13 for the tat, built in 7 tip for the artist because most of the white trash dipshits that turn out for "cheap" tattoos don't tip) I ended up with a nice sized for the price owl on the back of my left bicep, and I think only one of the 4 artists in that shop was doing purely number 13 tattoos. Just seems weird to me. Also while I'm rambling, do TONS of research on the shop and artist you are considering and TIP WELL. I tip big because my artist often goes above and beyond the call of duty to insure my tats look good. He even added UV ink to  my Legendary tattoo for no extra charge :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »
I'll admit, the 13 was childish, but I went with a large group of friends and we all got one. It stems from Tattoo culture dating back to the times of Sailor Jerry and other famous artists. At least that's what I was told.

http://tattooroadtrip.com/the-number-13/ a link giving an explanation.

Meaty is right, research for a LONG time, and make sure that you Really want what you are getting. I tend to stay away from stuff like video game tattoos and the like, since they refer to something that may not have meaning to me in the future.

Except for two of my tattoos which I consider stupid, and there was alcohol involved in the decisions.... I thought mine out for months before getting them. If you have any doubts draw the tattoo on with sharpie to see if you like it and can live with it first.

I've got the whole upper part of my right arm wrapped in Celtic knot work with Irish flag/ coat of arms/ and a four leaf clover on the inside of my arm. Two on my chest, two on my left upper arm, one on the inside of my left wrist one on my back right shoulder, and two on my right hand. I'd stray away from hand tattoos unless you have a career that doesn't care.

TIP WELL!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:55:19 PM by Aircooled »

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
I have two that I might regret one day, the Halo Legendary emblem right above my dick and the Trollface with Meatywand under it on my ass cheek, but my Owl, Spider-Peep, SOBER inside my lip and my Aquila and Icon Mechanicus, especially those last two, got quite a bit of thought before I got them. And all mine are still concealed! w00t.

His name was Meatywand.

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »
Yeah, being a Helicopter Mechanic allows me a lot more freedom in the way I look while still make a good salary. Most of the Jobs I have applied to didn't want an interview, haha.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »
What do you work on?

Aircooled

• New Directions
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »
Well, right now nothing. For the past four years I had worked on AH-64D Apaches, both in the military and as a contractor. I am currently working on getting my A&P, and I plan to work for Sikorsky here in PA. My partner is working for them already as an Avionics tech, and he loves it. He also has a ton of tattoos, mostly on his forearms and few on his chest/back. I hopefully will be working with them in the next month or so. Getting an Airframe and Powerplant license takes a couple months in some places.