Author Topic: Dorner Case Update  (Read 3347 times)

Maverick

• Beast Within
Dorner Case Update
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »
Remember the two women who were shot to shit with no warning in their "dark blue truck"?

So, here's what happened after the police chief offered to get them a replacement truck.

According to Jonas, LAPD and Galpin Ford wanted his clients to pose for a photo opportunity and pay income tax on the truck. The women no longer want the truck after they were told they needed to fill out a 1099 form for the donation, Jonas said Monday.

"You tried to murder the woman, now you're telling her she can't have a four-wheel drive, you're telling her she can't sell it and you've got to be taxed on it?" Jonas said. "How would anyone react to that?"

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Torrance-Newspaper-Delivery-Women-Shot-During-Christopher-Dorner-Manhunt-Truck-LAPD-197241021.html

*sigh*

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: Dorner Case Update
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »
Any new info on Dorner? I mean....have they just totally covered up their whole BURN HIM shit? I haven't seen a high profile case like this disappear this fast in quite a while.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »
Any new info on Dorner? I mean....have they just totally covered up their whole BURN HIM shit? I haven't seen a high profile case like this disappear this fast in quite a while.

Nah. I've been watching, waiting. A few stories about the aftermath were published locally... but nothing we didn't already know.

It got very quiet after the next thing came.

His 'manifesto' whether it was disinfo or not had some damning implications about the department and I'm sure they wanted that shit to disappear fast.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

1fastII

• KWEH?!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »

AirForceOne

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »
Nah. I've been watching, waiting. A few stories about the aftermath were published locally... but nothing we didn't already know.

It got very quiet after the next thing came.

His 'manifesto' whether it was disinfo or not had some damning implications about the department and I'm sure they wanted that shit to disappear fast.

It's all over the internet at this point, so it will never disappear.  Hell I have a saved copy of it.  :lol:

AirForceOne

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
Wow....classy....

His name was Meatywand.

Crowbar

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »
Wow....classy....

Isn't it though? By the way, who pays for all of these monetary damages anyway? An insurance company? The tax payers? Are the officers involved being held accountable?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »
Probably some tax payer funded account through the city. And of course they aren't being held accountable....its the LAPD :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 04:51:31 AM »
Isn't it though? By the way, who pays for all of these monetary damages anyway? An insurance company? The tax payers? Are the officers involved being held accountable?

I think police departments have to have insurance for this kind of thing.  I think I remember Flea saying something about police departments being insured.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
I think police departments have to have insurance for this kind of thing.  I think I remember Flea saying something about police departments being insured.

I'm pretty sure you're correct...but where does the money come from? Most likely the city/county they serve right?

His name was Meatywand.

AirForceOne

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure you're correct...but where does the money come from? Most likely the city/county they serve right?

I'm sure the department has insurance.  I think their the agency insurance is written to point that is the officer/deputy/trooper violates policy, he or she is not covered.  This was such a high profile event they are trying to make melt away ask quickly possible.  Remember, what physical evidence did you see....  Like in the marathon incident?  And that was 24 hours later, video, photo, witnesses.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 12:22:58 AM »
Wow....classy....

If they would have just replaced the truck and taken care of the medical bills, they would have been much better off.  But no, they had to try and fuck them over, so now they have a 4.2 million dollar hit.