Author Topic: Suggestion|Polite Request [NEW RULE IDEA]  (Read 1679 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
Suggestion|Polite Request [NEW RULE IDEA]
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:24:12 AM »
 For threads in which the topic of discussion is meant to stem from a link, could I perhaps suggest that we ask that people post the story in quote format, or at least the main point of it if it's too long to quote entirely? I know a lot of us browse from our phones and I'd like to be able to participate without having to struggle with other browser windows (it actually kind of fucking sucks to click a link on my phone, so I know I'm not the only person).

Not only that, but I feel like this is kind of similar to the video links/mandatory descriptions thing. If we ask that people do more then just post a simple video link, I think that this is a good follow-up for links in general. I don't feel like it's an unreasonable request given that, so I hope that others will agree. It may take ten seconds of extra work, but in the long run, I think it will look much neater, and allow for a more cohesive discussion - especially because the people who don't like to click links but still want to rant will have the evidence right in front of their faces. If nothing else, it'll allow some of you to feel superior when you re-quote the thing they ignored. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:23:51 PM by dotCom »

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Suggestion|Polite Request
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:38:09 AM »
I think it's a great idea. I try to do this when I post a link to something but it doesn't always happen.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »
Brothel and FFA would be exempt I'm assuming? But yeah I agree. I do that most of the time, the times I don't are when I'm using my phone and I tend to fat finger a lot so trying to copy paste and quote is a chore :lol:

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »
Sure, I would say that Brothel and FFA are exempt.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:37:57 PM »
The Brothel and FFA are their own breed of something, so no, I don't expect anything actually important to end up in there that would need to be quoted.:lol:

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney