Author Topic: Need cooking ideas  (Read 471 times)

NVmySSmaro

Need cooking ideas
« on: January 13, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
What can you or have you thought of cooking in a coffee pot? I was going to try Raman Noodles, and stuff off this list. Just seeing if you guys had any other things y'all have heard of or have done.

http://www.geekosystem.com/coffee-maker-food/

Also, good microwave food.

I'm trying to save a little money by cutting my eating out bill since I eat on the go regularly, and need to save cash for tuition, but I don't want to eat cold sandwiches every day either. That's all we have at the office, a coffee maker, microwave, and about to add a mini fridge.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Need cooking ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 03:28:25 PM »
You can reheat just about anything except fish.

When I was in FL, I would just spend an hour or two on Sunday making my food for the week. Granted, I have no problem eating the same thing every day so it was very easy for me. Just make a big pot of something and split it up in to plastic containers.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

71Caprice

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »
Pickled eggs bro
2013 Chevrolet Silverado
2005 KTM EXC 400

2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO
2013 Scott Voltage FR30

NVmySSmaro

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 03:41:12 PM »
You can reheat just about anything except fish.

When I was in FL, I would just spend an hour or two on Sunday making my food for the week. Granted, I have no problem eating the same thing every day so it was very easy for me. Just make a big pot of something and split it up in to plastic containers.

I figure I'll do some cooking at home too, but honestly, I won't always have time with work and school. Just wanted some back up ideas since I'm not going to always have access to food from home on a given day.

Sarb

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:13:04 PM »
I don't know if this is exactly what you were looking for but, it's a couple books that have strictly microwave meals.
A Man, a Can, a Microwave 50 Tasty Meals You Can Nuke in No Time
A Man, A Can, A Plan, A Second Helping: 50 Fast Meals to Satisfy Your Healthy Appetite
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »
Get a slow cooker and vegetables and there's almost no limit to the tasty, healthy meals you can make.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 06:26:23 PM »
Get a pressure cooker. It's ideal for your situation.

I have one, and it is one of the best things I ever bought. Awesome meals in 15 minutes, and can make a lot for leftovers. Make shredded chicken burritos once a week and it provides quick (and pretty healthy) leftovers for when I am on the run.

Dewman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:24:29 PM »
Get a pressure cooker. It's ideal for your situation.

I have one, and it is one of the best things I ever bought. Awesome meals in 15 minutes, and can make a lot for leftovers. Make shredded chicken burritos once a week and it provides quick (and pretty healthy) leftovers for when I am on the run.
My mother has one that plus into a regular wall outlet that she absolutely loves. It automatically regulates pressure and you can set a delay start and a cook time, i think it will also go through a warming cycle to keep your food warm.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 06:06:33 AM »
You could also get an electric skillet and make all kinds of stuff. Jim lives in motels and travels with one for his meals

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 03:45:20 PM »
If you have the counter space, get a Pizzazz pizza oven.

They are AMAZING for anything. A roommate of mine had one when I was in college. I used to cook sandwiches, chicken, fish, burgers, you name it on there. ...of course it's great for pizza too.