Author Topic: Cars In Barns  (Read 4088 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Cars In Barns
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »
My girlfriend's family owns a tree farm out near Flint, and like most farmers, they never get rid of their old trucks, they just park them somewhere and let nature take over.

They don't have MANY trucks, but these three are the coolest looking.

If anyone knows the model, please let me know, because we might actually be attempting to save this one and i need to do some research. I couldn't stand back far enough in the barn to get a good shot.

Out on the property somewhere...

And another like the one in the barn:

GMCBrewski

• Once you go twig you never go big
    • Andrew Bruckse Sports Photography
Re: Cars In Barns
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
Those 40's Dodges are cool. The green one doesn't look too bad. What size bed/axle did it have?

silverc10

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »
Love the noses of the Dodges. It's a shame to see stuff like that waste away.

The Chevy is a '58 or '59 Viking 60. Would make a really cool custom car hauler dropped on a later frame with a flatbed.

63 C10 hay hauler  - 08 350Z snowball - 07 SV650S - 78 GS550 cafe project

Kau Boi

• Jewish Gangster, I spray paint things in Lansing
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
Nick, I will gladly come remove any trucks they don't want on the property  :lol: Flint isn't to bad of a drive from me
--- 2013 Ford Taurus SEL  -  1984 Honda Shadow ---

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 09:06:36 AM »
That first and third are 50s powerwagons aren't they? That second truck could be a kick ass force to be reckoned with. I would drive the shit out of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:15 AM »
I'd love to see a 0-60 run with that Chevrolet with the I6 that bitch has got

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 06:57:22 PM »
That first and third are 50s powerwagons aren't they? That second truck could be a kick ass force to be reckoned with. I would drive the shit out of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

One is a '39 and the other is a '40, as far as I can tell. The blue Chevy is done, I mean, you could probably rat-rod it but it's pretty far gone.

Kau Boi

• Jewish Gangster, I spray paint things in Lansing
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 09:42:11 AM »
My post was a serious one btw. If you can talk them into parting qith any of them, I'll hook up the trailer and head on out there  :yup: Flint is a little less then an hour and a half away, plus I'll feed you booze  ;D
--- 2013 Ford Taurus SEL  -  1984 Honda Shadow ---

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »
My post was a serious one btw. If you can talk them into parting qith any of them, I'll hook up the trailer and head on out there  :yup: Flint is a little less then an hour and a half away, plus I'll feed you booze  ;D

I'll see what I can do, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. It's sort of a long story so I'll do my best to paraphrase...

The Tree Farm (Trim Pines Farm, Goodrich, MI) belongs to George Yancho (my girlfriend's grandfather). He's too old to operate it so his son Mike basically runs the show. All of the assets, equipment, property and trucks belong to George, but Mike thinks that everything belongs to HIM. George asked me on Thanksgiving if I'd take a look at the green truck to see what I thought about pulling it out of there and getting it running, so when Angie (my girlfriend) and I were there looking at it, Mike came out and basically said "Oh I could have this out of here and running in an hour or two but there's no point, it's a pipe dream of dads, there's no where to put it, it'll just rust into nothing the second we take it out of the barn, blah blah blah".

If Mike hadn't packed the barns with so much JUNK he's bought off ebay and craigslist, there would be plenty of space to work on it.

Regardless, it's Georges truck and if he wants to try to get it running again, Mike shouldn't have any say in the matter.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »
Sounds like George needs to put his son in line....
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.