Author Topic: Shitty Employees  (Read 4481 times)

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
Shitty Employees
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
You business owners out there deserve sainthood for putting up with the kind of worthless trash that must wander in off the streets wanting you to pay them for existing.

I've told stories in the past of the various people they've hired to work with me. One was fucked up on drugs (or had once been so fucked up that he never fully recovered), was in the national guard, did a shit job constantly and was arrested not once, but TWICE for DWI. Well, ok, the first time was DWI, the second time was having an open container in his vehicle.

So as he's on probation for that, what does he do? Gets wasted at a Memorial Day cookout. The next day his probation officer requests a drop test.

"DIDN'T EXPECT THEM TO TEST ME AFTER ONE OF THE BIGGEST DRINKING HOLIDAYS OF THE YEAR DERP"

Got fired for being completely unreliable.

Second guy was just a worthless tool. Clearly his parents never scolded him for anything. You couldn't teach him how to do a good job, because he didn't have to work hard - the bosses liked him because he played football. Scold him and he just gets an attitude and does an even worse job. Refused to work on New Years Eve two years in a row, and just plain didn't show up for work when he was told he had to. Got fired for it.

Third guy was some little rich wanna-be hood - well, actually, his grandparents are rich and he and his mom live with them. His mom gave birth to him at age 17, dad split. Wouldn't pay attention at work. Was too preoccupied with his iPhone and his rap music to do his fucking job. Would leave customers cars on the XM rap stations at full blast for the customers to deal with when they turned the car on. Got arrested for MIP, was on probation. Got arrested again for MIP, went to jail. Got fired.

Fourth guy, the current guy, is just a brainless idiot. NICE kid, but his brain is fried. You can't have an intelligent conversation with him. Say something with big words and he just goes "huh" and I'm not even joking.

Fractured his hand about 6 weeks ago, so I had to step up and do double duty while he was out. Doctor gave him the all clear a couple weeks ago to get back to work.. suddenly he thinks he can just take his lunch whenever he wants (he's scheduled for lunch from 12 to 1, I'm 11 to 12 and have been for the past 5 years), so I go to lunch and 10 minutes later see him driving on by.

Hasn't worked a Saturday in 8 weeks, kept giving his Saturday shift to the car porters, plus the ones he couldn't work because of his hand.

I had a funeral to go to this last Friday and I was staying in the area for the weekend (where my girlfriend lives), so I told him it was his turn to work.

I get a call Saturday morning from my boss asking where I am. Apparently he decided to just not show up.

>:(

So the service department hired a greeter. Probably late 20's in age, maybe early 30's... decent looking girl.

In her very first week on the job, she'd asked 3 different employees for their phone numbers and asked nearly every guy roughly her age if they were married. She'd gone on dates with two of them and had been sending naked pics to one of them, and just simply wasn't doing her job because she was too busy texting and trying to hook up with someone. She was just fired this morning.

For all of the people out there complaining that they can't find work, I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the fact that it seems like MOST people out there are just fucking worthless and have zero work ethic anymore.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
Re: Shitty Employees
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
I love that people like this can get jobs while I've sent out 20 resumes a day almost every day for the last 3 months and a nigga can't even get a call back (except from jobs that are scams or a headhunter whose phone apparently doesn't take incoming calls - which sounds like a scam)

Fuck these people.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
I know, right? My friend Steve is a very professional person with a degree in accounting but can't even get a part time job at a restaurant because they're too busy hiring pieces of shit.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 04:53:04 PM »
I know, right? My friend Steve is a very professional person with a degree in accounting but can't even get a part time job at a restaurant because they're too busy hiring pieces of shit.
Or the dreaded "Over Qualified", which is this economy is a joke. If I had to hire a waiter (lets say) and Steve the Accountant was hurting for a job and not above waiting tables and needed a job, and Freddie the Felon just needed a job to satisfy his PO, I think I'd probably pick Steve even if I knew I'd eventually lose him to an economic upswing where he could use his degree.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Delta

• Torquemada 71
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 07:03:41 PM »
I've seen this many times at my work, I've been there for a little over 5 years. All have been young guys, but there have been about 10 that have come and went. Most had a problem showing up for work on time, they just couldn't get up out of bed early enough to show up. When they did eventually show up they'd do a shitty job and have a no-care attitude. One we just let go would like to grab the cans of compressed air outta my office and go back to the lumber bin and get high :lol: We got a guy now that I've finally figured out is constantly OD'ing on Xanex, won't show up on time and does all this crazy talk. Right now we're having a hard time finding a suitable trusting person to take my job before my move. Just can't find anyone that wants the high stress, or you can't find anybody "sober" enough to trust...
2017 VW Golf GTI - 6spd
2015 Toyota Camry SE
2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
1999 Chevy S10 - 5spd

Screw-Rice

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
This is why I am so glad I don't deal with that bs anymore. Now, if you can't be bothered to work hard let alone even show up, you get a free pass to the unemployment line. I have a very low tolerance for people who have issues earning their spot.

Back in my logistics days I had to deal with all kinds of uselss employees. My boss and I got sick of having to run our departments and baby sit a bunch of tards. We started conducting our own interviews and took HR out of the equation. This wasn't well received but we got much better employees. Hell twice I hired people who I knew would give notice when they were able to get into their respective fields (a software engineer and a programmer). Both were only around a few months but did everything right the first time and actually lightened our work loads. Good tempory help is better then long term headaches.

Southern_Pride

• Whoopie ti yo
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 08:15:43 PM »
All these retards are part of the FUMU club. Fuck Up Move Up. I think they should all be shot. No offense to you Nick, but if some people can't even wash a car properly, they shouldn't be allowed to breed. I know there is more to your job than washing cars, but your the only person on here that I can actually remember what you do for a living,

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 08:17:56 PM »
Poor Nick works too hard and gets buttfucked for a living it seems like. I bet your bosses figure they got you roped in and your a good worker so they aren't really worried about finding somebody else good to help you out?
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »
Poor Nick works too hard and gets buttfucked for a living it seems like. I bet your bosses figure they got you roped in and your a good worker so they aren't really worried about finding somebody else good to help you out?

So far they do.  While I applaud his hard work, effort, and loyalty, there's a limit to how much loyalty you should show people who obviously aren't concerned about you.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 01:41:15 AM »
I treat them like break-ups. Works for me.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »

That seems to be the case. While he was still in his cast, I had him take care of the lot so I could just focus on the details and such. Pretty simple job, right? Just lining up rows of cars? Can't be that hard...

...but he did a shitty job and we both got yelled at. I tried to explain that it was his one and only job while he was injured so there's no reason he couldn't have done it right, but the blame got placed on me, essentially because "You're my go-to guy, you need to make sure YOUR guy is doing his job right". Which is fucking bullshit because they never ever once told me that I was in charge of jack shit, least of which would be another fucking employee. As far as I was aware we were on equal ground and I just had to train the stupid mother fucker. After that it sure as shit seems like he should be responsible for his own worthlessness.

So far they do.  While I applaud his hard work, effort, and loyalty, there's a limit to how much loyalty you should show people who obviously aren't concerned about you.

You are absolutely right, but I can't find another job. I've been looking and nobody will hire me in for anything close to what I make now. I would take a $4 an hour cut in pay to start out at any of the places I've applied, and I can't afford that. Not only that but it's really, really hard for me to start slacking because I feel so guilty when I do. I was raised better than that.

So here's the part where I'm actually really upset. The bastard came in today to turn in his uniforms and was bragging to everyone about how he got hired at a junk yard (the one I mentioned in my "does this seem stupid to anyone else?" thread.. where he's best friends with the owner's son) driving a wrecker for $15 an hour.

Happens to be one of the places I applied, for that exact position, and they never called me back or returned my phone calls.

This stupid fuck who can't drive for shit, got in trouble within the first half an hour of driving the Graff courtesy van (while in his cast) for texting while driving and speeding, and is dumb as a box of used anal beads got hired into a job I wanted because he knows the owner, while a few months ago they just blew me off.

I have more experience operating equipment like that (snow plow, boom truck, etc) than he does, I've had a steady job longer than he has, I have a better attendance record than he does and I have more work references than he does.

But I'm not qualified because... well, that's just it. I don't know why.

Fucking hell, I shouldn't let it bother me so much but I am VERY pissed off.

I do apologize for constantly complaining about my job, I just don't know what else to do and complaining makes me feel a little better. I really, really wish I could just walk out... but I need the job and until I find something else, it's not an option.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:31:44 PM by 00XJ »

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
Super old thread, but totally worth the update.

Back at Graff, they finally hired a competent person to work with me, dude named David, but he was in the National Guard and had a superiority complex. Meaning, he didn't like the fact that I had seniority over him, and that I was designated to "direct" operations in my department, despite not actually being a manager.

We got along alright, he didn't have the best eye for detail but he was at least competent enough to trust to get the job done.

He developed a temper, he'd tell sales staff to fuck off for bringing back last minute clean ups, he'd rant and rave about how bullshit the job was... and I got blamed for his attitude.

Finally, Graff decided to upgrade the Wash Bay, they put a 3 bay addition on the building, and thankfully I was offered a technician apprentice position before I had to deal with that total cluster fuck.

Going back to the last guy, Joe, that worked with me before David... Joe being the completely braindead worthless turd who got hired to run a wrecker for the junk yard..

Well I got a part time job at the race track as a tech, and who shows up as our wrecker driver one night? Joe. In a different company's truck. So I asked a mutual acquaintance, and yes, Joe got fired from the junk yard for being a worthless douche. Got hired by this other wrecker company.

Every night throughout the season that he was our wrecker driver, we were CONSTANTLY trying to raise him on the radio and not getting a response. He'd leave the truck parked right in front of the fucking scale, pull out onto the track while traffic was present, or take FOREVER to hook a car and get it off the track.

I just can't believe that I've had to put up with this moron at TWO DIFFERENT JOBS. Worst part is, the Wrecker company he works for now is ANOTHER place that never called me back.

I'm so glad to be temporarily unemployed... enjoying the hell out of it.

speedy_2

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 10:46:08 PM »
This is half the reason I called it quits and work for myself.  The other half was the owners I worked for. 

First the clerk girls that just worked there for a "job."   Second for the bosses telling me I shouldn't be asking for more responsibility/pay because they've all been here longer than me.  WHAT?  I can actually perform the jobs of the business(Jewelry repair, watch repair, sales, etc.) 

I had to leave. I was coming home so stresses out even  my wife was telling me I had to leave.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 11:14:59 PM »
I've dealt with so many special eds the past few years it's ridiculous. Which is why I am working on moving into real estate so I can hopefully put my current business on kind of an autopilot program. Going to keep just enough accounts for a two man crew to run just for the extra income. Wanted to build to a bigger operation but a buddy of mine deals with stupid employees constantly and he's a big operation for over 20 years. So I know I will be more content with a small crew and running another solo operation.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 10:50:07 PM »
My PAs piss me off. They get real chatty with other crew, site reps, G&E and chummy with producers when their fucking job is to follow my orders.

Then they cry to me asking for a second chance when they see they aren't on the next day's call sheet.

You had your chance, I warned you. Lick your tears.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.