Author Topic: Frozen Cat  (Read 14483 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Frozen Cat
« on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:50 PM »
Just want to get my two cents in.

I locked it.  It's rather disturbing to see such a lack of concern for the loss of life, even if it's an animal.  It didn't die/wasn't killed for food.  Even worse, freezing to death is a horrible way to die.  If you can't see why this is so disturbing, then seek professional help.  What's worse is that you put  afterwards.

On that note, I don't want to see any PM from you on this in my inbox because I really don't care about it.

Meanwhile one of your admins posts this:

And it's ok?

So, my point isn't to argue with your decision to lock the thread - I'll accept that, no problem at all.

My point is... of all of the sick, disgusting and disturbing shit that gets posted on this forum ALL OF THE TIME, you pick the one and only time I've ever posted something like that to stand up and say how wrong and disturbing it is?

I put this in flame forum because that's where it will end up, but I'm really just asking for some insight on why one disturbing thing is ok, but another is not.

Maybe a clear written standard would help?

Holocaust jokes are ok?

A thread about terrible taxidermy is met with lulz.
http://anti-rice.com/smf/index.php?topic=8167.0

A man shoots himself on live tv, and jokes are made, along with "funny" gifs:
http://anti-rice.com/smf/index.php?topic=8145.0

But i'm the sick one for thinking a frozen cat is worthy of a " :lol: "??

So my point here isn't to ruin your fucknig evening, to piss anyone off, to single anyone out or point fingers, no.

don't try to act like I'm any different than anyone else here. I won't be singled out. That's fucking bullshit. You coudl have locked the thread and I wouldn't have said a word, but you had to try to guilt me over it like somehow i'm held to a different standard than the rest of the fucknig forum.

Let the shit storm commence.

EDIT: For the record, you don't know it froze to death. For all we know it died of old age. It's an abandoned god damned building. For all we know, it's not even a real fucking cat.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:56:49 PM by 00XJ »

Sponty

Re: Frozen Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:45 PM »
Cry about it bitch

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »

orangeLJ

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 11:09:02 PM »
Link to the original thread?

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
You're linking something posted in the Free For All, where all of the posts in there are incredibly offensive. That's the warning, everyone knows what that forum is for, so if people don't want to see it, they don't go in there.

All I had to do was say wow, and it prompted you to fly into yet another series of posts about how we're "getting pissy"Just FYI, someone saying wow doesn't equate to getting pissy. What does equate to getting pissy however is a preemptive post about how you're not doing anything wrong because other people do it and how you won't be "singled out". And then making a flame about more of the same complaining when your post isn't as well-received as the posts of others.

Stop fucking leaving a trail of tears all over the forum or I'll change your name to Gremlin 2.0.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 09:29:03 AM »
I'm unlocking this because locking Flame Forum threads is ridiculous.

However, I also want to hear a proper explanation for why that thread got locked and why the shit-fit was had. It's a video of a cat that was completely frozen. Perhaps it died and someone tossed it in there and it froze. Perhaps it froze to death. Who fucking cares at this point? It's not like Nick and his friends killed the cat. They just found it.

If you're going to cry yourself to sleep over a video like that, perhaps the internet isn't the place for you.

Now, I don't believe that this was any sort of personal attack on Nick, but I also don't feel that the original thread needed to be locked either. I watched the video and didn't care either way. I own three cats and a dog. It didn't bother me. If it bothers you, close the tab and continue on with your life.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
I was about to say...why the fuck do we even still have the Flame Forum if LOL I LOCK THREAD is all that is going to happen?
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 09:40:18 AM »
Not even my video anyway, it was on an urban exploration web site.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
I'm unlocking this because locking Flame Forum threads is ridiculous.

However, I also want to hear a proper explanation for why that thread got locked and why the shit-fit was had. It's a video of a cat that was completely frozen. Perhaps it died and someone tossed it in there and it froze. Perhaps it froze to death. Who fucking cares at this point? It's not like Nick and his friends killed the cat. They just found it.

If you're going to cry yourself to sleep over a video like that, perhaps the internet isn't the place for you.

Now, I don't believe that this was any sort of personal attack on Nick, but I also don't feel that the original thread needed to be locked either. I watched the video and didn't care either way. I own three cats and a dog. It didn't bother me. If it bothers you, close the tab and continue on with your life.

Nobody was crying; anyone with eyes who actually read the thread can see that. I said "Wow", Sponty posted a face, Onyx locked the thread because he didn't find it very amusing, and then Nick took it here to complain because he "didn't get his say". He didn't get his say because Onyx already explained why he was locking it, and all this post is is yet another example of Nick complaining that he's being singled out, when he was the one who flipped out in the first place, yet again.

As far as I knew, the staff consulted eachother before they just changed shit, but hey, that could be another piece of info I had missing.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 09:57:12 AM »
Nick, if I tell you not to send me a PM, that means don't start another thread about it anywhere else too.  I can't believe you are that stupid, so you are obviously doing this just to be a dick.  Your point is "OH POOR ME!"  I am locking this thread.  If it gets unlocked, I will delete this thread.  It was locked by dotCom because I said the subject was over and I didn't want a PM.  That means don't start another thread too.  There are multiple reasons that I don't feel like going into as to why your thread is wrong compared to the other threads you mentioned.  Some are obvious (such as flinging a cat at the WTC.  Obviously that did NOT happen, so it's a little hard to take that as sick or cruel).

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 09:58:29 AM »
So we can just lock threads because they're not amusing? Because we don't like what we see in them?

I would complain too if my thread got locked for a stupid reason. He didn't flip out at all. He just wants to know why his video was such a big fucking deal when so much shit gets posted here and nobody cares.

And what's your last comment about? Me unlocking this thread?

Well, I guess you can ignore this post since this thread is now wonderfully locked again. Good times.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »
So we can just lock threads because they're not amusing? Because we don't like what we see in them?

I would complain too if my thread got locked for a stupid reason. He didn't flip out at all. He just wants to know why his video was such a big fucking deal when so much shit gets posted here and nobody cares.

And what's your last comment about? Me unlocking this thread?

Well, I guess you can ignore this post since this thread is now wonderfully locked again. Good times.

You know full well that if you disagree with something that an admin does you should be disagreeing in the admin section, not out in the open.  Nick's post was sick and disrespectful, and honestly, it's exactly what the FFA is for and he was flipping out as usual.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »
I was more surprised than anything. Even in the FFA we stay away from dead kitties. :lol:

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »
I see this is unlocked again yet I'm hesitant to post... so if I'm wrong for doing so I apologize.

I would fly off the handle and flame and shit but I'm sure that wouldn't be healthy for my continued membership here, so I'll just dial it back and explain myself carefully and maturely. I would hope you'd be willing to at least hear me out before just tearing me a new asshole.

I got annoyed because I knew what was happening. I'm not stupid, I knew by Kristene's reaction, and sponty's face pic, I knew where it was headed. Come on, it's happened enough in my 12 years on this site that it's pretty easy to see coming.

Seriously though, do I not have a valid point? We all laugh at a gif depicting a man shooting himself in the head on live TV (a post in the lounge) and the news anchor recoiling at the sight, but my video was over the line?

Botched taxidermy (a post in the lounge) is worthy of lulz, but a frozen, dead cat (essentially the exact same imagery as taxidermy) is too far?

Making light of 9/11 in any way, shape, or form is just fine, even though thousands of people were murdered that day, but a video of a frozen cat found in an abandoned building is still just way too taboo for this site? Sure, this was in FFA, so I guess this one is irrelevant.

I'm sorry. I'll straight up apologize to everyone I offended, then, if that's the case.

But maybe you could go a bit easier on me about it, given the fact that much worse has been shared in the past and so long as it didn't technically break the rules of the site, it's always been allowed.

I didn't KNOW the video was too far, in fact I didn't even think it would register on the offensive meter on this site.

Let me ask you a question.. have you ever known me to post deliberately offensive shit? Doesn't this seem somewhat out of character, to you?

And yet now, you're on the verge of banning me over the whole ordeal. A full on ban, over a stupid 19 second video and the fact that I got pissy about people getting pissy over it.

Simply telling me "Video's bad, it's getting locked, don't bring it up again" would have gotten the point across fine and you KNOW I'd have listened, Onyx, but you slammed the shit out of me. You made accusations about my character and my intentions. How am I supposed to keep my mouth shut after that? How could ANYONE just cower and hide in the corner when someone says something like that about them? Then you continue to as just how fucking stupid I am.

Seriously? What the hell, man?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:10:49 PM by 00XJ »

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:43 PM »
I honestly don't know whats worse about that Luge .gif...the 9/11 splice...or the fact that homeboy actually hit a steel girder and died....but it was in FFA and if you would have gone just 1 thread down...well, that entire thread was 5 pages of like 5 of us saying the "N" word over and over and over...should have been a tip off to the maturity level of that subforum dude :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »
yeah i know I was just trying to make a point. The person who posted that pic appeared to be offended by my video. That's my ASSumption, of course. I could be way off.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
I dunno, that person and their mysterious, cryptic WOW reply are a mystery to me as well :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Sponty

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »

Sponty

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:57:50 PM by Sponty »

MadFairlane

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »
Fucking Canadians
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 09:19:53 PM »
Billy ain't used the ban-chuks in a while, he's getting tired of swinging them around in front of a mirror.

Daemon

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
Nick, why do you care so much? Everyone here has had threads locked for very hypocritical reasons. You aren't the first or the last.

Fucking let it go. It's something that has been going on since Max and Phu were first running the show, and it's not about to change.

Move on, bruh.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »
I miss the Phu sometimes...then I go visit him and bask in his glory and I feel refreshed.

His name was Meatywand.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »
i take issue with the fact that with two people who didn't react positively but also didn't say much else, you automatically mount your steed of righteousness and start handing out EVERYONE IS PISSY FUCK YOU GUYS. it's like a formula for a thread with you these days.

nick posts. more than one person disagrees. nick claims everyone is being pissy, fuck AR, fuck you guys, i'm going home.

not every thread you make will be a winning combo. not everyone who replies will agree with you. that doesn't automatically mean everyone else is an asshole because they don't instantly love your thread and upvote the shit out of you. If you can accept that, then i have no other issues.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 12:47:36 AM by dotCom »