Author Topic: E-mail Notifications keep turning themselves on  (Read 3569 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
E-mail Notifications keep turning themselves on
« on: October 08, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »
I don't know if someone is just dicking with me or if there's a glitch in the forum software but it's been happening off and on for like a year now.

Randomly I'll just start getting emails telling me there's a reply to a thread, so I'll go in and turn notifications off. Eventually they turn back on.

This time they turned back on right after I went in and turned them off. It's starting to really piss me off now because I missed a very important email in the middle of all of the A-R notifications.

Anyone else having this issue or should I just change my e-mail to my spam account?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: E-mail Notifications keep turning themselves on
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »
It might be your theme, mine did that a few times before I changed my theme to Sub-Soviet way back when...I dunno though.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Sponty

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »
It might be your theme, mine did that a few times before I changed my theme to Sub-Soviet way back when...I dunno though.
Same here. Was messing around trying out different themes no problems since switching to sub-soviet though.
Just ignore them like I did.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:27 PM »

i've actually had that happen a couple of times on the base theme... SubSoviet is problem free though.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »
, i didn't say anything because i thought i was doing it to myself. It only happened to me once or twice but my other board is the same format and it would happen all the time there. Might just be a hiccup. I know for a fact i did it once by accident when i was clicking too much and my browser froze. Other members have pmd me too. Let me know if it happens again, may be a theme issue.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »
I use the default theme. And like i said it only seems to happen randomly, that's why i thought for a minute that someone was just fucking with me.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59:22 PM »
Never heard of it. Could try a different theme but if the default is doing it, I don't think a different theme is the cure. I'm not even sure how that could ever happen.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »
Never heard of it. Could try a different theme but if the default is doing it, I don't think a different theme is the cure. I'm not even sure how that could ever happen.

Do the default settings have them turned on?

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:34 PM »
I'll double check but I don't think that has anything to do with the theme. I believe it's 100% user settings.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »
I think by default a couple of them are on, I can't remember though.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
Even so, it happens at random times, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. It did it to me twice in a row and now it hasn't done it since the last time I turned it off.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »
Even so, it happens at random times, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. It did it to me twice in a row and now it hasn't done it since the last time I turned it off.

Does it happen when you log out/in?  I have my login set to Forever but sometimes when I have to log in from a new device or something weird shit like sigs and avis being turned off happens.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
Holy shit, that's what happened to me Frodo. :lol: it just did it when I accidentally logged out on my phone. All of a sudden it was all YOU HAVE SIXTY NEW EMAILS or some shit. :lol:

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 12:45:06 AM »
Nick, PM me when it happens again with time, what theme you're using, what browser you have, etc.