Author Topic: Coyotes  (Read 5787 times)

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
Coyotes
« on: October 06, 2012, 10:27:34 AM »

More specifically, what I was doing in California last month. Had to check the build on my roommate's motor.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
Re: Coyotes
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:57:37 PM »
Details?

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 02:13:18 AM »
I'll try to get a list for you. His car is so fucking loud now. :lol:

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

1fastII

• KWEH?!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 02:44:33 PM »
Is that a Boss? And is that a brake cooling duct I see on the bottom?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:45:27 PM by 1fastII »

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 12:51:27 AM »
He signed up on the forum, so he should address this sooner or later :lol:

captdistraction

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »
Ah, there we go.

The chassis is a GT, I had originally wanted a boss, but after putting down a (thankfully refundable) deposit and later having the deal changed to include a market adjustment markup, I bought this GT. Put 30 thousand miles on it, with 12+ trackdays and enjoyed every bit of it. Unfortunately, the tuning was too aggressive and on a trip to Las Vegas, the motor let go from detonation damage (LOTS of pics can be seen at: http://www.chris-wynne.com/coyote , unlinker plugin: recommended, dial up: not)

So I had a new motor built, to these specs:

302 + 0.010" overbore on the block
11.5:1 compression
Manley H beam rods, Manley Forged Pistons
Factory Forged Crank, rebalanced
Billet oil pump gears
Arp bolts and studs whereever you could put them
11QT oilpan + oil cooler (air/oil) setup
Head cooling crossover modification
Boss 302 CNC'ed cylinder heads
Boss 302 camshaft set (same timing events, just more lift on exhaust side, allows full TiVCT operation)
Boss 302 Intake Manifold
Accufab 85mm TB
Wrapped the factory manifolds in header wrap and the catless downpipes were added and wrapped
Mcleod RXT dual disc clutch was reused, no surfacing needed, still using factory flywheel
Fluidyne 2row (they label it as a 3, but its a 2x1") radiator

The rest of the car had been heavily modified before this, tasteful suspension mods, and literally every Boss302 part out of the Ford Racing catalog. Magnaflow and Ford Racing exhaust (with the boss 302 sidepipes and restrictors out) make the very, very loud exhaust note (trying to trade out the magnaflow system for something more ear-friendly). Handling is a combination of Eibach, Koni and ford racing parts that get the job done very well. I keep playing with braking setups, but right now its the stock brembos, blank rotors, EBC blues (not entirely street friendly when cold) and Ford Racing ducts (not helping that cold issue).

I have some paintwork to be done on it this week, including a very nice hood from Tiger Racing (the one used in the Pirelli World Challenge Boss302S cars). I should probably install some pins as its only 15lbs, but I am having a hard time bringing myself to cut into the hood, even for some aerocatches.

BTW, this thing's worse than a wife crossed with the IRS if you could imagine, my bank suffered heavily at its hands this year.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:31:38 PM by captdistraction »

1fastII

• KWEH?!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »
Nice!

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:41:59 PM »
Is that a new hood?

RICE!

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »
I showed you the hood on the cam, you asshole. :lol:

By the way, this would also be my roommate who does the 24 Hours of Lemons as well as a lot of F1 Factory Kart racing.. so.. you guys can like.. be friends.. and ask him stuff...

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 07:35:16 PM »
BUT HOW CAN ONE BE FRIENDS WITH A MUSTANG THAT HAS A RICEY HOOD?!

(I hope OP senses my blatant sarcasm)

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

MadFairlane

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
Fuck I wish I could buy one here...
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:39 AM »
you guys can like.. be friends.. and ask him stuff...

What causes solar flares, and when has one ever shot out so far that it hit the earth?  Thank you.

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »
Is the lingering warmth of another man's ass on the toilet seat enough to make you consider moving to a different stall?

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »
Is the lingering warmth of another man's ass on the toilet seat enough to make you consider moving to a different stall?

On that note, if you're walking down the street and see a dude bleeding to death because his penis was cut off, do you try to stop the bleeding, or let him die?

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »
On that note, if you're walking down the street and see a dude bleeding to death because his penis was cut off, do you try to stop the bleeding, or let him die?

You put him out of his misery.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

TheBlackShed

• Bunny in Bag
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 09:02:23 PM »

You suck out the poison...oh, wait
Choot'em!

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
I just start whistling Mein Teil and keep walking.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
...dude isn't answering our questions.  I thought dot said he was a good guy!

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
I personally enjoy usurping the toilet after a dumper.. it's nice and warm in the winter. Also I need to clog it to assert dominance over their measly little pipe trickles.. but that's me..

captdistraction

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »
What causes solar flares, and when has one ever shot out so far that it hit the earth?  Thank you.
Charged electrons interacting with the plasma medium in which they exist. Think of it as a pants party, and everyone was invited.

While we're typically bathed in charged energy and radiation from solar flares, I'm not sure we've ever been blanketed by coronal ejections. Depends on where your definition of solar flare ends. The storms and streams of charged particles do hit earth all the time and do a number on us playing hell on the manetosphere, amping up the aurora's on either end, and monkeying with spaceborne communications/gps and the like.

Not if you're in the women's restroom.

if its dotCom laying there, probably take pics. Otherwise, I'm sorry Jim, he's dead.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »
WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT MY PEN0R

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 07:36:42 AM »
if its dotCom laying there, probably take pics. Otherwise, I'm sorry Jim, he's dead.

:lmao:  I like this guy!

dotCom

• Super Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 02:15:29 PM »
it takes a certain kind of personality to have cohabitation with me.