Author Topic: Dear AR  (Read 25412 times)

Moshkenstein

Dear AR
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »
This is actually an apology but I figured I'd put it here since I assume it may end up here.

I've been pretty frustrated with the way people act on this board lately (in different ways) and let my comments get out of hand. While I refuse to apologize for taking my stance on certain issues I do apologize for getting in the way of the overall enjoyment of the board. There was a very specific line I crossed in refusing to let issues lie and bite my tongue and I feel quite ashamed that I wasn't mature and responsible enough to just not post when that line came and went. AR likes to push peoples' buttons even just for the sake of pushing buttons (no prob, its usually in good fun) and I had forgotten that. Kind of a "post at your own risk" sort of thing.

I'm not going to make excuses for myself. I suppose I'm just not as mature as I thought I was. I am a firm believer that the internet is NOT serious business but failed to respect those who have chosen to take this board a bit more seriously than I do. I'm not going to give you some sob story about how my life is falling apart so I vomitted that angxiety all over my keyboard. I've got problems just like anyone else and I don't feel that is the reason or even an excuse to take a dump all over the board. Honestly, I don't feel any particular anxiety about my life and feel pretty good about it. I just got frustrated when people would persist in arguing about something that should have not been argued in such a manner and did not realize it was because they were frustrated with me to begin with (or didn't care, one or the other... or both).

I will say, not so much in my defense, that I have been trying to take my faith more seriously and would get offended when people on here didn't respect my right to disagree. This is at no fault of anyone here but me. Make no mistake, many of you are still douchebag jerks, but usually in good fun. I began to realize that the "in good fun" was almost always at someone else's expense and while those who played the punchline usually deserved it, I just lost interest in kicking people when they are down. I should have just kept my mouth shut and not got so uptight about it. I still wanted to enjoy some of the other crass humor but me being a douchebag got in the way.

I'm not asking for anyone to forgive and forget, thats up to each of you. I'm not trying to save my ass in some way. I'm just giving you all the apology you deserve, particularly the staff. So, my bad. Sorry for being a douche.

I'm still better than you all in every conceivable way possible... including modesty. NO! Especially modesty.  ;)

Netforce

Re: Dear AR
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »
I hope you choke on a shitty diaper.

FrameScrape

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:29:20 AM »
I hope you choke on a shitty diaper.

You'd be surprised at how awful baby shit really smells... I have choked a few times.

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
I don't think anyone on here can, without hypocracy, be mad at someone for having a bad few days and being a douche for those days.

Forgiven, sir. Forgiven.

Now go roll around in mud :P
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;

454ss

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »
Let me give you a piece of advice as a fellow believer.  Just becasue you feel like you have the truth, or the good news or whatever, doesnt mean you should go around beating people on the head with it.  That never does any good.  One of the things that we need to get away from is the idea that the OT Jews had of holiness being equal to seperation, ie. seperating ourselves from the world and the things in it is what makes us holy.  Thats stupid.  We are made to be of the world.

St Francis said, "Preach the Gospel at all times, use words if necessary"

What that means to me is to just live your life the best way you know how, and hope people notice.  Having faith does not always have to be abbrasive to everyone.  

And this will likely be the last time I talk about God on the board, unless someone asks.

FrameScrape

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:40:02 AM »
I know this place is here to talk and discuss all sorts of shit, but it seems as though god and religion cause more problems here than anything else.

Moshkenstein

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 10:43:48 AM »
I don't think anyone on here can, without hypocracy, be mad at someone for having a bad few days and being a douche for those days.

Forgiven, sir. Forgiven.

Now go roll around in mud :P

Thanks but this had been going on for a bit longer than a few days I believe. I tried to quit the board before the change of ownership because I pretty much knew I wasn't going to have such a great time anymore but someone (not mentioning names because I don't want it to be assumed that I am blaming that person in any way) convinced me not to under the assumption I was going to be silly ol' dog lover Mosh.

Let me give you a piece of advice as a fellow believer.  Just becasue you feel like you have the truth, or the good news or whatever, doesnt mean you should go around beating people on the head with it.  That never does any good.  One of the things that we need to get away from is the idea that the OT Jews had of holiness being equal to seperation, ie. seperating ourselves from the world and the things in it is what makes us holy.  Thats stupid.  We are made to be of the world.

St Francis said, "Preach the Gospel at all times, use words if necessary"

What that means to me is to just live your life the best way you know how, and hope people notice.  Having faith does not always have to be abbrasive to everyone.  

And this will likely be the last time I talk about God on the board, unless someone asks.

My hangups recently were that I felt I should be free to express my opinion, which is different than even most Christians and even offensive at times, but realized just because I think about my faith all throught the day (not just for an hour on Sundays) does not mean I need to constantly post about it on here. I'd like to talk about it all day long but most people aren't interested in it.

I know this place is here to talk and discuss all sorts of shit, but it seems as though god and religion cause more problems here than anything else.

This should not be a surprise. Even Christ said he did not come to unite but to divide families. I should have taken Speedy's approach and avoided it as much as possible but even he gets caught up sometimes.

454ss

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:47:04 AM »
My point is that you aren't doing Christ's work if all you accomplish is convincing people that His followers are crazy assholes.  I'm not saying you are doing that, I have been away from AR for a few years, so I wouldn't know, its just general advice.  Remember when you publically make your faith known, everything you say and do will reflect on all of Christianity, for good or bad.

FrameScrape

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
This should not be a surprise. Even Christ said he did not come to unite but to divide families. I should have taken Speedy's approach and avoided it as much as possible but even he gets caught up sometimes.

Right, the problem is people don't know when to swallow their pride and just accept the fact that others just wont see things your way.  I'm one of those people who has no faith, I have no beliefs but rather than telling people who do believe they're wrong I just go about my non-believing ways.  I don't take away from anyone's opinions and I actually think its great that people can find it in themselves to accept other peoples views even though they differ from theirs.

Moshkenstein

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55:19 AM »
My point is that you aren't doing Christ's work if all you accomplish is convincing people that His followers are crazy assholes.  I'm not saying you are doing that, I have been away from AR for a few years, so I wouldn't know, its just general advice.  Remember when you publically make your faith known, everything you say and do will reflect on all of Christianity, for good or bad.

I was excusing people seeing me as a "crazy asshole" with the understanding that Christ's followers are the light of the world until he returns and the world will not undertand the light. I felt that the more people hated what I said meant I was doing something right in the eyes of God. I still feel that way but also feel I may more likely have been using it as an excuse to take responsibility away from my careless approach. I didn't think I was being a douche because there should be no apology made for truth if what I'm saying is truth and that it SHOULD be offensive to people who refuse to believe. Basically, I thought that if people were getting upset then I was doing something right and am now taking a step back and saying "maybe I'm just being a jerk and not criticising myself harshly enough".

Right, the problem is people don't know when to swallow their pride and just accept the fact that others just wont see things your way.  I'm one of those people who has no faith, I have no beliefs but rather than telling people who do believe they're wrong I just go about my non-believing ways.  I don't take away from anyone's opinions and I actually think its great that people can find it in themselves to accept other peoples views even though they differ from theirs.

And thats the thing. I felt they needed to swallow their pride when it was really my arrogance. I dove head first into my faith and made no apologize. The wake in my eyes was God's judgement but it seems it was more of me being one of those self righteous "doesn't know when to quit" Christians that I rolled my eyes at.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:02 AM »
I want to see Moshes username changed to "Super Christ Man"

That was fucking great, Kalgorn. :lol:

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 11:18:41 AM »
So is this a cop out like Framescrape's baaaaaaaaawww I have a baby post?
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »
454ss hit the nail on the head and that's exactly what I was trying to get across to you in chat last night.

If your approach to evangelising is actually scaring people away, then you need to change your approach.

You need to stick around if you feel you can be amongst non-believers and even people who ridicule the religious all the time... but if you can't handle that, then yes, you should take a vacation from A-R. Just don't expect anyone to change, especially when you tell them that they're wrong about something - they're just going to want to argue.

Netforce

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »
tl;dr

FrameScrape

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 11:32:58 AM »

Hey fuck you cocksucker.
I was having legitimate issues.  Between Work/Baby/Woman I was borderline homicidal at times. 

Moshkenstein

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »

Did you read it? I made no excuses and blamed only myself. I admitted I was being a douche and offerend an apology without asking  for or expecting anything but the criticism I deserve.

454ss hit the nail on the head and that's exactly what I was trying to get across to you in chat last night.

If your approach to evangelising is actually scaring people away, then you need to change your approach.

You need to stick around if you feel you can be amongst non-believers and even people who ridicule the religious all the time... but if you can't handle that, then yes, you should take a vacation from A-R. Just don't expect anyone to change, especially when you tell them that they're wrong about something - they're just going to want to argue.

I felt last night that I did not need to take advise from people who have rejected the word of God on how to evangelize the word of God and still feel that way. Thats not exactly what this is about, its about getting in the way of what this board is for. Thats like me telling athiests how to be athiests.

Moshkenstein

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
Hey fuck you cocksucker.
I was having legitimate issues.  Between Work/Baby/Woman I was borderline homicidal at times. 

Chill out, that post is coming from someone that was all baaaaaawww I have alcoholism. I'm not bashing ya, Meaty... just pointing out the irony.  :P

FrameScrape

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 11:47:15 AM »
Chill out, that post is coming from someone that was all baaaaaawww I have alcoholism. I'm not bashing ya, Meaty... just pointing out the irony.  :P

Ah you got a point... meaty couldn't even control the things he could control in his life... who is he to say shit to me.

Moshkenstein

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »
Ah you got a point... meaty couldn't even control the things he could control in his life... who is he to say shit to me.

But you still need to chill out. Don't let the stress of a new baby make your butt sensitive to hurt on the internets. :P

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »
Oh boy, HERE WE GO

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 11:52:16 AM »
Welcome back Mosh. I am glad you have found your inner peace.
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

Moshkenstein

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 12:14:37 PM »
Welcome back Mosh. I am glad you have found your inner peace.

Thanks, but. I dunno if I'd go quite that far.  I've noticed this is a perpetuating cycle with me regarding my faith. I'll get really excited about it and literally spend all week with my nose in a bible and/or bible oriented material and assume I'm finally applying the devotion I need but realize how far I am from righteousness and fall apart. I've interpreted it as God is changing me into who He wants me to be but I'm fighting Him because sinners don't want to let go of their sins. Like a child asking a parent for help and expecting them to do everything for them and not have to do anything for themself.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »

Alcohol and substance addiction isn't always controllable.  It's easy to sit there and armchair, saying it is, but until you've been where meaty was, you can't really say much to judge, ass fuck.  I'll remind you that you could have controlled how you acted on here, or just not logged in...especially after you were continually warned about it.  I understand your life is a bit hectic right now, but nothing pisses me off more than someone showing that much hypocrisy.

Mosh, as a believer who has struggled with his faith allow me to say this:  Don't sweat the whole not being perfect thing.  If you do, it's going to drive you insane.  Continue to try to be perfect, but when you slip and fall just remember that it's something that is going to happen all the time.  To steal an old and worn out (but true) saying, "It's not how many times you fall that matters, it's how many times you stand back up."

FrameScrape

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 02:01:38 PM »
Alcohol and substance addiction isn't always controllable.  It's easy to sit there and armchair, saying it is, but until you've been where meaty was, you can't really say much to judge, ass fuck.  I'll remind you that you could have controlled how you acted on here, or just not logged in...especially after you were continually warned about it.  I understand your life is a bit hectic right now, but nothing pisses me off more than someone showing that much hypocrisy.

I'm pretty sure meaty can defend himself... could I have logged out sure.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 02:13:56 PM »
I want to see Moshes username changed to "Super Christ Man"

That was fucking great, Kalgorn. :lol:

I do what I can. :mrgreen:

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS