Author Topic: Thunder Dome  (Read 15779 times)

MadFairlane

Re: Thunder Dome
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2010, 06:09:40 PM »
Should just get rid of it all together... You never use it, most people you just ban straight away...

So why bother having it there...
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »
Should just get rid of it all together... You never use it, most people you just ban straight away...

So why bother having it there...

*banned*

I tend to ban straight away :lol:  But Caryn, Wookie, and Flea tend to throw them in the Thunderdome.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Ive been banned more by other members of the staff than you,they don't use the fucking thing right either, with the exception of Wookie who only uses it for 16a.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »
Ive been banned more by other members of the staff than you,they don't use the fucking thing right either, with the exception of Wookie who only uses it for 16a.

That's because I don't IMMEDIATELY ban.  I warn, then ban.  I don't bother with thunderdome, my theory is if I warn you, that's your one chance.  Thunderdome is just another warning if we use it like that.  Also, Thunderdome isn't STRICTLY the way Nick described it.  That's how he wants it to be, not how we run it.

MadFairlane

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 07:11:16 AM »
That's because I don't IMMEDIATELY ban.  I warn, then ban.  I don't bother with thunderdome, my theory is if I warn you, that's your one chance.  Thunderdome is just another warning if we use it like that.  Also, Thunderdome isn't STRICTLY the way Nick described it.  That's how he wants it to be, not how we run it.

Hence get rid of it lol
1967 Ford Fairlane - Sold
2011 Mazda BT50 - Current
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6 - Sold
2017 Mazda CX-9 GT - Wifes

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 11:17:38 AM »
I kinda agree, if it's just gonna turn into play nice or bant around here then there's no point even having the DH around.

His name was Meatywand.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 11:27:58 AM »
I kinda agree, if it's just gonna turn into play nice or bant around here then there's no point even having the DH around.

Agreed. I thought it'd be fun to pit a couple members up against each other, for entertainment value... hence the name "thunder dome"....

But I guess we're just a kinder, gentler A-R that only brutally insults and makes fun of people who don't drive cars we like.

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »
I wouldn't say kinder and gentler. I would say tired of the bullshit in the lounge. The warning thread said nothing about being nice in the flame forum.
I think you guys lately just need something to bitch about.
The DH/Thunderdome aren't going anywhere, for now.
If you so wish we will keep a name of those that don't want it and when the time comes up, as it always does, we will just ban the ones that think it is stupid and or pointless to be put in there.
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
Yeah, guess what.  Thunderdome is gone.  This is rediculous.  We rename it, there's only been an instance or two of what it's supposed to be used for, and you guys bitch.  So what if we also use it for an additional purpose.  That's a decision we can make at any time.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
I think it was more the fact that stupid bannings were occurring that under the previous regime (of which you were a part Onyx) would have just been a DH'ing,'so if that's the case just fucking ban anybody that breaks wind on the site and don't waste time on the DH.

His name was Meatywand.

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2010, 05:50:24 PM »
I happily admit to random bannings.
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

Flea

• Super Administrator
  • The Rookie
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »
I think it was more the fact that stupid bannings were occurring that under the previous regime (of which you were a part Onyx) would have just been a DH'ing,'so if that's the case just fucking ban anybody that breaks wind on the site and don't waste time on the DH.

You wanna know what happened?

I banned you and Nick for 3 days because you two were constantly at each other's throats in just about every thread.  Putting you two in the DH likely wouldn't have changed that.  It MIGHT have, but that's for Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Know what else?  You two are more civil to each other (that I've seen) since then.

I stand by my decision.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 09:55:06 PM »
You wanna know what happened?

I banned you and Nick for 3 days because you two were constantly at each other's throats in just about every thread.  Putting you two in the DH likely wouldn't have changed that.  It MIGHT have, but that's for Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Know what else?  You two are more civil to each other (that I've seen) since then.

I stand by my decision.

not to get into it... but there's a different reason for that. A discussion we had outside of A-R.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »

And how often did I ban back then?   How often do I ban now?  Not much has changed on my end.  In addition, there were bannings under the previous regimes for things like "I was drunk"...Luos just admitted to that :lol:  Yes, I did get involved one time...I wasn't drunk, I used dice :lmao:

Anyway.  There were a lot of bannings and Dh'ings I didn't agree with during that regime, but you guys never got to see behind the scenes.

Flea

• Super Administrator
  • The Rookie
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
not to get into it... but there's a different reason for that. A discussion we had outside of A-R.

And if that discussion took place while you two were banned, then it just solidified my statement.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2010, 07:28:28 AM »
And if that discussion took place while you two were banned, then it just solidified my statement.

No... you'd have to know what the discussion was about before coming to any conclusion.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »
It's getting awful smug and full of unwarranted self importance in here...

His name was Meatywand.

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »
Comes with being an admin.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

Flea

• Super Administrator
  • The Rookie
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »
No... you'd have to know what the discussion was about before coming to any conclusion.

Mmmk... care to clue me in?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2010, 04:26:05 PM »
Nope it didn't happen here so it's no ones business but mine and Nicks.

His name was Meatywand.

Flea

• Super Administrator
  • The Rookie
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2010, 04:35:06 PM »
I can respect that.  But you still have to understand that my decision was made based solely on the fact that you two argued in almost every thread.

I'm happy you reached an agreement.

If that agreement is that I'm smug and self-important, so be it.  It won't bother me a bit as long as it keeps you both civil to each other outside the flame forum.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
I can respect that.  But you still have to understand that my decision was made based solely on the fact that you two argued in almost every thread.

I'm happy you reached an agreement.

If that agreement is that I'm smug and self-important, so be it.  It won't bother me a bit as long as it keeps you both civil to each other outside the flame forum.

It's more complicated than it sounds. We didn't agree to not attack each other... it's more like we found a common ground, so right now we happen to be getting along. Anyway, whatever, that's neither here nor there.. point is, Thunderdome had a purpose, I don't know what the hang up is on just TRYING it the way I suggested. It's not like it would have to be permanent, or like it would have any lasting effect on the board if it didn't work out.

If A-R is supposed to be new and fresh and growing, why are the admins so opposed to trying new ways of doing some things?

Flea

• Super Administrator
  • The Rookie
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2010, 05:59:34 PM »
To be brutally honest, I wasn't really briefed on the changed THUNDERDOME.  I just thought that's what we were calling the DH now.

I was the admin to ban you both.  I was NOT, however the only one behind my decision.  I and a couple others agreed on punishment.  I was just the one to drop the hammer.  Let's leave that one at that.

I promise no one is opposed to trying new things.  BUT, when it's veteran members?  Perhaps it's a gray area...

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2010, 06:08:17 PM »
To be brutally honest, I wasn't really briefed on the changed THUNDERDOME.  I just thought that's what we were calling the DH now.

I was the admin to ban you both.  I was NOT, however the only one behind my decision.  I and a couple others agreed on punishment.  I was just the one to drop the hammer.  Let's leave that one at that.

I promise no one is opposed to trying new things.  BUT, when it's veteran members?  Perhaps it's a gray area...

I was fine with the banning, I completely expected it, but you know.. sometimes you just feel like you have to defend yourself no matter what.

A little flame war every now and again makes this site interesting. The trick to keeping it out of the lounge? Well... it'll probably never happen, because discussions will always have two sides, and eventually someone is going to take something personal and it's going to get out of hand. Doesn't matter if the members are veterans or not, people are people.

that's why i thought making a place to LOCK the two people who just can't get along would have been awesome.. they could stay in there forever until they decided to find some way to get along. It would be funny, and great entertainment for the rest of the board if the only place those two fighting members could post was the Thunderdome - and place where they're encouraged to fight it out, OR come to a peaceful resolution.

Banning them right off doesn't usually fix the problem, just makes them mad at the admins instead of each other for a little while.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
that's why i thought making a place to LOCK the two people who just can't get along would have been awesome.. they could stay in there forever until they decided to find some way to get along. It would be funny, and great entertainment for the rest of the board if the only place those two fighting members could post was the Thunderdome - and place where they're encouraged to fight it out, OR come to a peaceful resolution.

It would have, only there were two people who couldn't play nice, you and Meaty.  That's it.  Everyone else can seem to control themselves, or at least use the ignore feature.

Banning them right off doesn't usually fix the problem, just makes them mad at the admins instead of each other for a little while.

It fixes it when they learn they will continually get banned, and eventually, permabanned.  That's a fix in my book.

This conversation has run it's course.  Thunder Dome is gone, so you don't need to bitch about it not being used the way you thought it should be used anymore.  We have the ignore feature, start using it if someone continually flames or bothers you.  We have the report post button, and we also have PMs.  Hell, maybe we should do away with the DH all together and just make you guys play by the rules and act like adults.