Author Topic: Tread Wright Tires  (Read 187 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Tread Wright Tires
« on: September 10, 2012, 11:36:01 AM »
While looking for options on a new set of tires, I started seeing threads on various Jeep forums absolutely praising the hell out of a company called TreadWright.

So, I looked into it, and TreadWright makes re-treads in the style of the most popular tires out there, using used side-walls.

At first, re-treads just didn't sound like a good idea, but I've read testimonial after testimonial about these tires and EVERYONE, even the hard core offroading magazines, have nothing but praise for them.

The general consensus is that they may not be the best of the best tire you can buy, but for the price they absolutely cannot be beaten and that they actually tend to last longer than many popular, more expensive brands.

In the cases where people did run into problems, they said the defective tires were replaced within a day or two of calling and that their phone calls were returned the day of.

So, after spending almost a week researching and reading reviews, I'm finally convinced.. just ordered a set of these:

https://treadwright.com/p-12-31-10-50r15-guard-dog-m-t.aspx

Customer service was fantastic. They answered on the first ring and the girl was super friendly and polite. She didn't act at all as if she just wanted to rush everything along, she made pleasantries and was nice to talk to.

The tires are on back order so it will be 4 to 6 weeks before they ship. I am transferring the funds from my savings to my checking, and they said they not only won't bill my credit card until they actually ship, but they'll also call me to let me know so that I have time to transfer the money.

Total cost, shipped to my front door: $513.72.

That's about half of what an actual set of BFG Mud Terrains would run me.

If they're really as good as everyone has said, this company is going to explode in popularity.

Give them a look if you're in the market for tires.