Author Topic: Welp, Windows... it's been fun. Sort of.  (Read 2380 times)

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
Welp, Windows... it's been fun. Sort of.
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:17:11 PM »
Windows 8 looks like horse shit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxbHawhzACA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxbHawhzACA</a>

Hey, microshaft: I DON'T USE A TABLET AS MY HOME PC!

They say the age of the desktop computer is coming to an end, but I'll be fucked if I'm gonna sit there like a monkey swiping my finger across a screen to do EVERYTHING.

Kalgorn

• Super Administrator
Re: Welp, Windows... it's been fun. Sort of.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
Pretty sure this will go the way of Vista. It will be forced on to pre-builts but most people at home will skip it and probably every business will skip it. When I bought my wife's laptop, Dell offered a free downgrade to XP because it was their business line.

2002 Silverado | 1995 Talon TSi AWD | 1989 Prelude Si 4WS

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:40:01 AM »
Whoever said the day of the desktop is coming to an end is wrong.  The desktop is used for so much more than tablets do.  Gaming, for instance, plus businesses.  The desktop will be around for awhile longer.

Pretty sure this will go the way of Vista. It will be forced on to pre-builts but most people at home will skip it and probably every business will skip it. When I bought my wife's laptop, Dell offered a free downgrade to XP because it was their business line.

Windows ME was far worse.

00XJ

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »
Some schools have already replaced their desktop machines with iPads and are teaching computer classes with those.

Ravenor

• Ordo Hereticus
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 02:12:56 PM »
What? Why? I love the Apple products I own but their OS is no where near wide spread enough in the business world to be teaching it, especially the mobile version of it. Windows will probably continue to be the go to OS for years. ME and Vista were such shit I held off on updating my work machine (XP SP3 yo) till 7 had proven to be worthwhile.

mort1369

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:32:41 PM by mort1369 »