Author Topic: 1987 GMC Sierra Indy Car Pace Truck  (Read 3855 times)

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
1987 GMC Sierra Indy Car Pace Truck
« on: August 23, 2012, 09:03:09 AM »
Been wanting to show this off for awhile, finally got some good pics (iPhone, bear with me) without much clutter around it.

It's a 1987 GMC Sierra 2WD shortbed, that's been built by Jack Roush. From what I've been told, it has a 425ci small block, converted to EFI with pretty much custom made parts just for this truck. Unsure of the HP though. Recardo seats front and in the back, the only additions the Scarallos did were add drop springs and a set of their line of Scarallo Drift R's. 20x10 in the front on 275/40 R20's and 20x11 in the back on 315/35 R20's. Tires are Toyo Proxies ST/II's. They have the original 16"s and suspension if he day comes where they want to sell it. All the lights and accessories still work, only 7,xxx miles grace the odometer.

This is pretty much a one off truck, the Scarallos got this from an auction when the CART/Indy Car series went bankrupt and sold its assets. They have others including a Dodge Ram pace truck, SVT Mustang Cobra 'vert, SVT Contour, Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo and Buick Reatta.

-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

AirForceOne

Re: 1987 GMC Sierra Indy Car Pace Truck
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
That is pretty damn cool.  Any forced induction in there that you can see?  I'm digging the rear facing seats...  I want to build a GMT400 sport truck one day. 

[ChaosweaveR]

• lol Vtec
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 11:08:05 AM »
That is pretty damn cool.  Any forced induction in there that you can see?  I'm digging the rear facing seats...  I want to build a GMT400 sport truck one day.

Nope, it's all motor. It's got an aggressive cam too. So much lope at idle. :lol:

I'll try and get some more pics, but it's setup like a racecar, it has switches to activate the electronics, fuel pump, battery and such. It has a racing style fuel cell in the small section of the bed. It's hard to tell from he angle, but the tonneau cover out back has "GMC TRUCK" molded onto it.
-Chris-

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe

Ravenor

• Ordo Hereticus
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »
Thats totally bad ass....and those old square body GM pickups are probably my favorite body style of all time for trucks.