Author Topic: General Motors  (Read 7168 times)

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
General Motors
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
I don't have a knowledge of everything, just some things. I intimidate those who disagree with me? Sounds like a piss poor excuse for not having a valid counter argument. Take note I used the plural "others" regarding those who would fill the gaps. Don't know if you noticed but many vehicle manufactures have plants stateside, and they need suppliers just like almighty GM. "But the other plants aren't in Detroit", did you know it isn't uncommon for suppliers to ship parts to other areas?  :idea:

I've yet to witness you in an argument where you didn't belittle the opposing side. Believe it or not, it IS possible to respectfully disagree with someone. But it's the internet, right? All the other internet dwellers won't think you're cool unless you're insulting to people in arguments. At least that seems to be the common belief. I'm just tired of it. Everyone says "that's just the way it is" but why? WHY does it have to be that way?

Anyway...

Those many manufacturers ALREADY have suppliers, and they're bound by contracts. To hire another supplier would PROBABLY break some part of their contract. Not to mention, many suppliers supply parts to more than just one manufacturer as it is.

Seeing as I own a business. I can state leveraging your company on the hopes of another remaining successful is the best way to go belly up. Wasn't aware every business, school, medical office, etc was owned by GM. Lack of foresight is no excuse.
Again, they failed due to growing too big off a single contract.

You still don't understand. Central Advertising HAD to grow in order to keep their contract with GM - if they didn't, GM would have gone elsewhere. That's a BIG fucking contract to just piss away because GM might someday be in trouble - Central had been around since 1912 and their relationship with GM was a long one. It wasn't a recent thing. No, GM doesn't own every business in town - but the people who work at their local plants live here. They spend their money at local businesses. They pay taxes to this city. When they lose their jobs, they go somewhere else - suddenly the local grocery store gets a lot less business. Suddenly taxes increase due to the drop in population, which makes it harder for everyone else.

You're trying to tell me that the very thing that is HAPPENING to the city I live in, isn't happening. I'm trying to tell you that you're clearly not thinking about it enough because it IS happening and it IS a bad situation. Come live in it for a month or two and maybe you'll wake up.

Times would have gotten harder for awhile, BUT it wouldn't have been the end of the world as so many love to claim. Some places would fold yes, but others would find a way to prosper and grow. This is how business works here, the strong survive and the weak don't get propped up in hopes they dig themselves out.

Michigan can't survive "harder for a while". We're on the brink as it is. The survival of GM has been the only glimmer of hope - they're actually building new plants here and bringing more jobs here. We're starting to recover, FINALLY. Slowly, to be sure, but it's at least getting better.

If Obama has saved GM and they simply continued to put out shit cars and not make any attempt to change and grow, I would agree with you. But the GM of now is NOT the GM from 2009 and before. It's a completely new business model, a new structure. Things are different for the better and sales are stronger than they've ever been. GM is recovering and once they've paid back their loans, they'll continue to grow and everything will be back on track.

I will give you credit. It is admirable that you acknowledge you have to do what you can to keep them propped up for your family/friends well being. No other well run business will ever go to Michigan. The government is corrupt, the city is screwed, and the UAW is basically a mafia. They are also a big reason for this mess. It will be a long time if ever when any business breaks ground there.

Believe me, I have no sympathy for GM execs. I'd like to see each and every one of them ruined. But the workers suffer the most.

If GM goes under, those execs still have millions to fall back on. They won't be hurting for cash... ever. But the workers.. the assembly line grunts all the way down to the local suppliers... THEY will suffer.

That's not fair, just because GM's execs made stupid decisions and green lighted shit cars.

And I see we're back to the immature debates. You sure showed me.  ::)

Well, your input in rajon's thread was unnecessary... see how annoying it is?

Here's a little light reading:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardgrant/2012/02/05/when-whats-good-for-general-motors-is-not-good-for-america-or-built-to-last/

Yeah, there's a lot of opinions out there.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:56:56 PM by 00XJ »

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
Re: General Motors
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »
Moving this out of Debacle and putting it into Flame.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:11:19 AM »
It's not really a flame though... unless you're just doing it preemptively?

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:24:36 AM »
It's not really a flame though... unless you're just doing it preemptively?

No, because it's a hell of a lot closer to a flame than it is to debacle.  Your wording in some cases is flame baiting if not a flat out flame.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »
Onyx you can lock this if you so desire. I really have no interest in beating this dead horse. For clarification the dead horse is this topic. Arguing against opinion based fact doesn't gain anything.

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
FORD DROOLS GM ROOLS

FUCKING NICK DEFECTED TO CHRYSLER YOU SHOULD'VE BOUGHT A TRAILBLAZER
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:30:13 PM by revolt015 »

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »
FUCKING NICK DEFECTED TO CHRYSLER YOU SHOULD'VE BOUGHT A TRAILBLAZER
Wut?
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

Daemon

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 01:42:13 AM »

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 07:38:23 AM »

For the record, I didn't start this in Flame Forum, Onyx moved it here.

Gremlin

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
Wut?
What revolt015 is quoting is the new version on "Ford price; Lincoln nice"

Daemon

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 04:29:21 PM »
For the record, I didn't start this in Flame Forum, Onyx moved it here.

Regardless of where it was posted, the thread just sputtered like an old mack engine, lmao.

Screw-Rice

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 04:56:56 PM »
What revolt015 is quoting is the new version on "Ford price; Lincoln nice"
Have you seen the new prices of Ford's? It damn well better be Lincoln nice! :lol: Built an F350 on their site, total: $65k.  :o This is for a personal/work truck. Needless to say I will be buying a lightly used 11' for $20k less until I can grow my business more.

Regardless of where it was posted, the thread just sputtered like an old mack engine, lmao.
It sputtered and died because it is a waste of my time to debate someone who was quick to name calling and opinion based facts. Onyx put it here because it is more a personal issue oppose to a debate. This is why I don't bother with religion debates, logic takes a backseat to everything.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
Have you seen the new prices of Ford's? It damn well better be Lincoln nice! :lol: Built an F350 on their site, total: $65k.  :o This is for a personal/work truck. Needless to say I will be buying a lightly used 11' for $20k less until I can grow my business more.
It sputtered and died because it is a waste of my time to debate someone who was quick to name calling and opinion based facts. Onyx put it here because it is more a personal issue oppose to a debate. This is why I don't bother with religion debates, logic takes a backseat to everything.

The I apologize for the name calling and insults and I would love to hear what you have to say, provided it's not just a simple "GM sucks donkey penis, Ford rules, go die" sort of thing.

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:43 PM »
JOKE:
Old Ford four speed automatics

JOKE:
General Motor's interior budget

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
JOKE:
Old Ford four speed automatics

JOKE:
General Motor's interior budget

JOKE:
Revolt trying to tell a joke

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
Joke:
Oinks Draggn
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:46:39 PM by revolt015 »

orangeLJ

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »
JOKE:
Ford australia killing off the straight six and replacing it with a 4 cylinder model....

Way to go Ford, sales a plenty coming your way...

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
>killing off the straight six and replacing it with a 4 cylinder

do WHAT

Sponty

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »
Joke:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:08:50 PM by Sponty »

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
Joke:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
(click to show/hide)
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:01 PM »
Joke:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
(click to show/hide)

:(

Legitimately :(.

AJ

• over-handed shit-knuckle
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
shit knockknockknock waaaaaaaa
872232hdfewbswn kwqopi13yehbd;