Author Topic: people wanted to see it =D  (Read 4412 times)

jerryd87

people wanted to see it =D
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
my 350z on the dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWdhQvMD1FE

video of heading home another member took(well he did both videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=-mbOqr1ae5s&NR=1

mind you this is a full bolt on nismo 350z thats the chase vehicle attempting to keep up with me to record, also dyno sheet

you can see where its still running way too rich causing the torque to flatline, as well as fall short of the 7k i wanted to see(although data log shows it hit 7100 so idk whats up there.) picked up 20 hp each run pulling fuel and the dual widebands dint budge off max rich at 10.9:1(street driving they are right around 13.5 and even WOT are about 11.4-11.9 until i hit 15 psi thats when they drop.) going to make another dyno appointment since that was just a baseline, granted the direct port is hooked up now and a large part of my over fueling problem and why it wasnt fully tuned at WOT. running a mix of 48% meth, 48% ethanol and about 4% MIK so it burns red vs clear/light blue if god forbid something happens ill be able to see it, gotta get a cage/bar put plus fire extinguisher and a couple other things. not high priority since im still on hawaii and 90% of the time it dosnt even see boost, cant wait to get back to the mainland. oh yah this is also 92 octane fuel and the meth setup is 3 gph nozzle per intake runner, a 2012 gt500 tryed to play with me and............... well i imagine he was disappointed so far behind plus almost triple the cost of my car(although granted they are nice cars.) can also hear where i have plenty of wheelspin in the car, going to move up from the 285/30, 300 tread wear tire in the rear up to a 305/35, 100 treadwear tire.

also yes it is a hks ssqv bov, i like to murder dogs ears  :slap2:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:28:21 PM by jerryd87 »

revolt015

• (;ω;`)WHATS GOING ON(゜д゜;)
    • (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
Re: people wanted to see it =D
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »
the fuck is this

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

jerryd87

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:05:28 AM »
03 nissan 350z with a precision 6765 turbo that people requested more of when i initially posted it in the introduction thread. next dyno should be around 600 or more to the wheels since it was misfiring up top from running far too rich after direct port methanol, plus like i said no idea why dyno reads 6400 when they let off when data log definitely shows 7100. but it was also just a baseline, dint post a pic since it was already posted in introduction figured people would just want to see some video.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:08:11 AM by jerryd87 »

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 12:09:46 AM »
Shoulda made the thread in Membermobiles, buddy pal

Sounds like a neat car, though.

_(: 3 ⌒゙)_ (⌐■‿■)  し(*・∀・)/ The valves and the piston had a little party and they all ended up with a hangover. d(˚∇˚d)  (n∀)η ε=ε=ε=┌(;*Д`)ノ

jerryd87

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 12:13:15 AM »
ahhhh my bad i saw big turbo so posted it here, definitly not the largest turbo but should be capable of 800 to the wheels on q16  ;D not sure i wanna try it though, race gas is expensive as shit here $32 a gallon.

if a mod wants to move it feel free ill have more video when i get to the dyno. working on some functional hood vents and a carbon fiber heat shield for the turbo right now. drop underhood temps some as well as intake.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:15:26 AM by jerryd87 »

revolt015

• (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ︵ ┻━━┻
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »
race gas is expensive as shit here $32 a gallon

Jesus shit

I think you can get cheapy stuff for $10 or less here, $32 is insane.

jerryd87

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 12:21:21 AM »
yah they want insane amounts for shit(its hawaii so very limited on what i can get) right now im settled on the 92 with the direct port and looking to settle somewhere north of 600 on the final tune. when i get stateside im looking to switch to e85, move the rev limit out to 8k and go for around 800. even pure meth is $21 a gallon here, i know last time i was in ohio a couple years ago i could get it at norwalk for $1.75 a gallon. i settled on the denatured alchol which is a 48/48/4% mix for $15 a gallon after military discount.

crazy thing is q16,c16, 110, and 100 lead free race gas are all the same price

of course when i get stateside ill also remove the speed limiter and try to hit close to 200 in one of the standing mile events.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:23:56 AM by jerryd87 »

Mr. Luos

• HERRO
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
What does a 350 weigh?
2009 BMW 335i

2008 Chevy TBSS. Just a riced 440HP SUV. SOLD

Riced '99 Trans Am WS.6 SOLD
Dropped, wheels, slow.

jerryd87

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
stock? 3100 for a 03 coupe, mine? right around 2900 ive dropped alot of weight, interior pieces, spare tire and jack, front bumper bar(intercooler wont with with it on.) stock hood release(aerocatch locking hood pins), stock exhuast(weighs over 200 lbs by itself, radio with speakers, and other misc bs. all in all dropped about 450 lbs in crap from the car but then added more back on so about 200 lbs less.

like stock engine mounts are 5 lbs each, my solids are about a lb combined. radio + speakers and everything for that was about 50 lbs shit was heavy, stock exhuast like i said was about 200 lbs(not counting headers), my entire turbo kit is about 80-90 lbs( including the new stainless straight pipe exhaust came in three boxs 45 lbs, 25 lbs and 20 lbs but i dint use everything), wheels + tires are same weight despite going 1 inch bigger in diameter(to clear future 13 inch wilwoods lightweight bbk) and 2 inchs wider with the 285 tires, mainly because the wheels themselves despite being much bigger are 7 lbs lighter then stock each.) ac and heat are both deleted(about 140 lbs with everything its 85 degrees everyday in hawaii i have stuff still for heat should i need to reinstall it for some reason down the road. might actually be lighter then that even, plus i have some things planned to replace with carbon fiber to drop weight depends how much stuff people order and how much material i have left over.

Aeroboost

• SODIUM FREE
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
stock? 3100 for a 03 coupe, mine? right around 2900 ...
...ac and heat are both deleted(about 140 lbs with everything its 85 degrees everyday in hawaii i have stuff still for heat should i need to reinstall it for some reason down the road. might actually be lighter then that even, plus i have some things planned to replace with carbon fiber to drop weight depends how much stuff people order and how much material i have left over.
did you take the vent fan out too?  Heater core can't weigh that much.  Not to make it worth it.  I'm all about bare essentials but dang dude.  I know the climate is nice there but it does rain.  You must suffocate with the windows up.

Used to be 100lbs = .1 sec in the 1/4.   
all that work into weight reduction and making your car uncomfortable for .2 sec? 
You cain't buy it that way...

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
Good power... do something about that damn exhaust note.

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

jerryd87

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
sorry for the delayed response for the heater system i took out the ac compressor, condensor, evaporator, blower motor, heater core, and everything connected to them. in my car the heater core, blower motor, and evaporator is one giant box that takes up about 2/3 of the dash(well behind it) and weighs about 70 lbs alone. car isnt really uncomfortable imo unless im in uniform and then i can just drive the wifes car, i wouldnt do such extensive mods if it was my only car.

i did redyno the car the other day pulling more fuel 601 ft lbs of torque(calculated the ignition pickup on the DJ was shitty so it was displaying crazy numbers like 1400 ft lbs.) at 4800 rpms, and 587 hp at 5100, clutch slipping bad so have a southbend puck clutch coming the most aggressive they make so the dyno only went to 6100 before lift but still more power to be had my god the basemap provided by the shop i bought the ecu from was horrid, keep thinking "it cant be that much more off" yah right. unfortiately not much i can do on exhuast without ditching the whole thing. no intention to run mufflers although i might down the road go for a side exit 4 inch. i think the horrid rasp is coming from the way it splits before the axle although it dosnt do it when the car really warms up so no idea.

once i get the new clutch in and broken in im expecting to up the boost to 30-32 psi and should make about 650 ft lbs and around 700 hp, mayby a little more hp kinda makes me not wanna even do cams i dont really need the extra rpms lol, at least not till i get stateside and try to get a 200 mph shirt. not bad for built in a driveway.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:11:46 PM by jerryd87 »

Juanomatic

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 02:59:51 AM »
What does a 350 weigh?

Heavy.

About 3300 lbs.

Then again anything over 2600 lbs is heavy to me. 

1990 Nissan 240sx 455.89 rwhp and 349 rw lb-ft on stock long block sr20det.