Author Topic: Pitch: 2011 International Meet?  (Read 17475 times)

JD

• Ambitious, but rubbish
Re: Pitch: 2011 International Meet?
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 07:56:07 AM »
Can I just state that my posting this was not intended to try and overthrow the Vegas meet.  I was just trying to pitch and "International Meet" to be held in Canada for the East coast members.  No reason why we can't have two meets if we so choose, or hold this one off until 2012 (unless the world explodes)

Quote from: meatywand
Mr. Bagged Milk Maaaaahzda. :lol:

FrameScrape

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »
Can I just state that my posting this was not intended to try and overthrow the Vegas meet.  I was just trying to pitch and "International Meet" to be held in Canada for the East coast members.  No reason why we can't have two meets if we so choose, or hold this one off until 2012 (unless the world explodes)

Thats why I don't understand what the big deal is... there is already more interest in a Niagara Falls Meet than there is a Las Vegas meet.
I suppose Onyx could go to Vegas by himself though?  Or have two seperate meets.... his can be the "official" meet and the Niagara Falls meet can be just because.

Also, I find it funny that my thread was locked and onyx responded with...
Quote from: onyx
An OFFICIAL meet is determined by the staff, not you.
When no where in my thread was there any mention of some super "official" anti-rice meet, but rather just to gauge interest in a potential second meet, or even if maybe people would rather do that.  Also, before the votes were removed, and the thread locked Niagara Falls was winning by a bunch.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:35:24 PM by FrameScrape »

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 06:13:13 PM »
Can I just state that my posting this was not intended to try and overthrow the Vegas meet.  I was just trying to pitch and "International Meet" to be held in Canada for the East coast members.  No reason why we can't have two meets if we so choose, or hold this one off until 2012 (unless the world explodes)

Sorry, misunderstood your intentions.
Also, I find it funny that my thread was locked and onyx responded with...When no where in my thread was there any mention of some super "official" anti-rice meet, but rather just to gauge interest in a potential second meet, or even if maybe people would rather do that.  Also, before the votes were removed, and the thread locked Niagara Falls was winning by a bunch.

Niagra was winning by like 3-4.  Want some advice, btw?  Shut up.  Another admin said you were even pushing it, and you STILL push it.  Keep on this path and you won't be back.  I've warned you multiple times, AGAIN, but you're STILL being antagonistic.  Other users are calling for your ban.  This should give you a clue as to your standing on here, and (I would think) let you know that you need to stop being a dick.

Oh, and by the way Frame, you're full of crap.  You put Niagra up in a vote against Vegas, KNOWING that Vegas was the location for the first official meet.  You basically tried to change the location.  So either you're stupid, or you're just being an ass.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:04:42 PM by Onyx Dragon »

angry hampster

• Administrator
    • Lexa Photography
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »
I"d prefer to drive to a Niagara meet than a Vegas meet. 

FrameScrape

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »
Oh, and by the way Frame, you're full of crap.  You put Niagra up in a vote against Vegas, KNOWING that Vegas was the location for the first official meet.  You basically tried to change the location.  So either you're stupid, or you're just being an ass.

You're basically putting words in my mouth.
I put it up as a vote, because another member said "we should have a vote" to see if maybe people would be more interested in Niagara.

How about holding a poll, and only member seriously considering attending can vote?

needs more options in the poll... I am sure there are a few places that could be considered.

This is one of those situations where I truly believe you are wrong.  I'm not trying to be a dick in the least bit, I just think there is alot more interest in a Niagra Falls meet than there is a Las Vegas meet.  I'm fairly sure the poll I created would have validated that point.  But again, it doesn't really matter... I wasn't under the impression there was some sort of "official" meet.  I Just assumed you could set up meets at any point.  Having a meet in Niagara has absolutely  no bearing on a meet in Vegas because the people who would want to come to Niagara are the same people who had little to no interest in flying all the way to vegas.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:14:36 PM by FrameScrape »

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2010, 10:44:18 PM »
You're basically putting words in my mouth.
I put it up as a vote, because another member said "we should have a vote" to see if maybe people would be more interested in Niagara.

It wasn't for you to put it up to a vote.  "Official" means it's up to the staff, not the members.  You are not the staff.

This is one of those situations where I truly believe you are wrong.  I'm not trying to be a dick in the least bit, I just think there is alot more interest in a Niagra Falls meet than there is a Las Vegas meet.  I'm fairly sure the poll I created would have validated that point.  But again, it doesn't really matter... I wasn't under the impression there was some sort of "official" meet.  I Just assumed you could set up meets at any point.  Having a meet in Niagara has absolutely  no bearing on a meet in Vegas because the people who would want to come to Niagara are the same people who had little to no interest in flying all the way to vegas.

Believe I'm wrong all you want, the fact is that the Vegas option was a fully sanctioned AR event.  You had no authority to put anything up to vote about it.  As such, I don't believe you are wrong, I know you are wrong.