Author Topic: 91 ranger ac wtf?  (Read 1615 times)

NovaDK13

91 ranger ac wtf?
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:58:11 PM »
So yesterday on the way home the ac worked great hit a pot hole fuse pops? Replace the fuse it last night (didnt use it this morning) works great for the 3 blocks to lunch, on the way back the fuse pops again? So being over 100 degrees today I didnt want to sweat all the way home after working outside use a piece of wire to jump it out (I know I know) works great for about 10 mins then it seams to quit, the weird thing was the voltage gauge would jump down from about 14v to maybe 9v for a split second then go back up few seconds didnt do it with the ac off. I get fuses on the way home put in a new on 15amp from 10 works fine again I check the charge it was still ok but it didnt want to do the voltage lose thing again for what ever reason it seamed to work normally? I dont even know where to begin the chiltons manual is worthless and doesn't even suggest anything other than checking the charge.

Maverick

• Beast Within
Re: 91 ranger ac wtf?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:37:44 PM »
I have no idea how to help you, but I'll say this.

In a pinch, if you have no A/C and its over 100 degrees outside, grab a cold bottle of water at a gas station and trickle it over your head.

It's a fucking life-saver.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Southern_Pride

• Whoopie ti yo
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »
Find out what else is on that circuit. It may also have a relay that is going bad.

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 08:25:22 PM »
Fuse pops for a reason: Short to ground in circuit. Either a component on that circuit is failing, and shorting out intermittently, or wiring is rubbing somewhere.
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.