Author Topic: The walmart experience!  (Read 1803 times)

Mick

The walmart experience!
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:09:47 PM »
Well some of you know now that I work sporting goods/the gun counter at walmart now. So, it being walmart you know I run in to stupid people. Here are to of my experiences in the last 2 days.

Last night:
I get called back to the counter to help a customer, upon arrival.
Customer: I see by the sign you can do fishing or hunting licenses right now. Does that mean you can't do any fishing licenses at all currently?
Me: *I give him the blank are you a idiot stare* and reply "yes it does"
Customer: Well then how are we suppose to get a fishing license then?
Me: You can go to the dnr website
Customer: Oh yeah you can get it on there.
Now the sign he was referring to states on it "Sorry for your inconvenience but we are currently unable to do Fishing or hunting license at this moment.   To get a license during this time period please go to www.dnr.com.  Thank you for shopping at walmart"  He says to start he read this sign but apparently comprehended non of it.

Now this morning which is my favorite.
I am working a isle over from the counter/ cash register when I here someone very loudly clear their throat from the cash register area. I ignore it completely and walk over that way when I finish what I am doing a minute or so later. I turn the corner and...
Customer: Oh so there is someone working here didn't you hear me clear my throat a minute ago.
Me: Yes, I did.
Customer: Well why didn't you come then.
Me: Because clearing your throat isn't a acceptable form of communication.
Customer: *Annoyed sigh*
Me: And neither is that, now how may I help you.
He then points to his items on the counter and I ring him up without him saying another word.

mort1369

Re: The walmart experience!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
Being Wal-Mart, I would say it's less "running into stupid people" than "being totally innundated with stupid people". :mrgreen:

Nava

• Goddamn Hinge-Heads
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »
Jesus christ I am so glad I got out of Wal-Mart.

I was in charge of ICS (backroom inventory control) for the grocery side.  We were going through a weird time over the holidays, because of 1. A policy change for binning and 2. A remodel.

Our temporary solution was to bin backstock in on carts, then when they came up on the pick list, pick them out again.  Simple, really. 

Well, daytime ICS just could NOT get it right.  They would pick out the entire cart for one item, then leave it picked out.

Now, when you pick something out of the backroom, it is added to the floor count.  The max amount of a certain type of item(called a shelf cap) is also in the system.  So, you can imagine that when that many items are WAY over the shelf cap, the inventory system goes insane.  Basically, we (overnight ICS) were getting into deep shit over what daytime was doing. 

I approached one of our Assistant Managers one night to complain about it (Walmart hierarchy is Store Manager > Co-Managers > Assistant Managers > Support and Department Managers).

His response?  "That is a non-issue, because the remodel will be over in a week and it will fix itself."

Yeah, heavens no, don't set the daytime straight and correct them on fucking up the whole STORE INVENTORY.  God I hated that guy.

Mick

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »
Yeah the bin system sucks, every night the overnight will pick about a dozen items from our bins even though they can't go up and leave them out on the sales floor still boxed up for us to get yelled at in the morning to get them off them floor.

quantum

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
Yeah the bin system sucks, every night the overnight will pick about a dozen items from our bins even though they can't go up and leave them out on the sales floor still boxed up for us to get yelled at in the morning to get them off them floor.

I just thought this was the natural state of a Wally World...if not planned by the corporate offices to trap people in the store for as long as possible in a labyrinth of unpacked shit. Just about any time I go to a Walmart it is in this condition. The one on the Southwest side of Tucson is the worst.

Mick

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 05:26:45 PM »
Well there are multiple truck deliveries everyday so there is constantly stuff to go through and either put up or bin even though there is nowhere hear enough room for all the over stock.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »
Where you live, how much are the cases of 100 and 250 for 12 gauge 7 1/2?

Juss wondering if the prices are different in Cali Vs the east coast.

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.