Poll

Your GOP Nomination

Newt Gingrich
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum
Ron Paul

Author Topic: GOP Presidential nomination  (Read 5329 times)

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
GOP Presidential nomination
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:01 AM »
So.....GOP nomination been through some crazy turns in the last few months.  Your candidate, and feelings?

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Re: GOP Presidential nomination
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:04:55 AM »
RON PAUL
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Maverick

• Beast Within
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
I ALREADY HAD A THREAD GOING YOU NOCKING COCKER!  :slap2:

oh and....

RON PAUL
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:03:16 PM by wicho »

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

Gauss

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 07:10:53 PM »

Sponty

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »

I picked Newt but I'm not crazy about any of them.

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:35 AM »
I picked Newt but I'm not crazy about any of them.

I enjoy watching Newt debate.  He's very clever and has a way with words....but he's still a slimy fucker.

A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for liberty.  I will not substitute that for someone that will end up doing the same shit these other presidents have done and that "has a chance" to get in office.

Ron Paul has a chance, and if they mentioned him more without trying to downplay him in the media, more people would wake up.

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »
No... he doesnt.
RP is not a republican... he is a libertarian.
He may be trying for the republican nomination, but its like having a cat drop a litter of kittens in your oven and trying to tell people that they are cupcakes.
With the country we have... they will only accept a 2 party system.
Might as well start a cool car company out of your garage and expecting to outsell ford and GM here.
Not going to happen... no matter how good your product is.

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
No... he doesnt.
He may be trying for the republican nomination, but its like having a cat drop a litter of kittens in your oven and trying to tell people that they are cupcakes.
Might as well start a cool car company out of your garage and expecting to outsell ford and GM here.

Jim

Try telling that to Tucker... oh.. wait...

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »
No... he doesnt.

Jim

Weird....See, he's on the GOP ticket.  He's a member of the Republican party.  Infact, he's one of the only real conservitives in the damn party. 

Yea he ran for office in the 80s as a libertarian.  But he knows that you're not getting elected to a major public office in this country unless you play the two party system game.

I laugh at all the people saying he's unelectable (probably because they heard the talking heads on the TV say that).

Of all the candidates in this election, and the last election....he is the MOST electable.

But I'm not going to change any minds here.  Keep thinking he's unelectable, and it will be true.  If he's not elected, we're all fucked.  Mitt, Newt, and Santorum ..... fucking kidding me?  They aren't going to fix a fucking thing.

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 01:26:14 AM »
Ron Paul is the only true traditional conservative Republican out there anymore. The rest are big-gov't neocons. They aren't "conservative" about a damned thing.
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.

GMCBrewski

• Once you go twig you never go big
    • Andrew Bruckse Sports Photography
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »
No... he doesnt.

He has a better chance than Sir Pizza Cain, doesn't he? :mrgreen:

FoMoGo

• Super Administrator
    • Gas and Lead
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 10:29:43 AM »
Weird....See, he's on the GOP ticket.  He's a member of the Republican party.  Infact, he's one of the only real conservitives in the damn party. 

Yea he ran for office in the 80s as a libertarian.  But he knows that you're not getting elected to a major public office in this country unless you play the two party system game.

I laugh at all the people saying he's unelectable (probably because they heard the talking heads on the TV say that).

Of all the candidates in this election, and the last election....he is the MOST electable.

But I'm not going to change any minds here.  Keep thinking he's unelectable, and it will be true.  If he's not elected, we're all fucked.  Mitt, Newt, and Santorum ..... fucking kidding me?  They aren't going to fix a fucking thing.
I could run for office as a communist, doesnt mean that I am one.
The man cant be the most electable if he cant even get the nomination from his own party.
His people dont think he can do it, that would be his base vote, and he wouldnt be pulling enough votes from the Dem side to win the election.
You cant win the GOP nomination... then that says 100% you will not win the presidency. UNELECTABLE.
I like a lot of his policies, and congress would slap down any of the bat shit ones he tried to put thru.
And he has enough respect for the office and the people to not pull end runs around congress.
If he won the nomination, I would put a bumper sticker on my car and a RP sign in my yard.
And yes, his national policy ideas are the best out there.
However... he will not get elected.
Spin it however you want... if you cant get elected, or even nominated, you are not electable.
Sorry.

Jim
http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/asshole.jpg
Old avatar: http://www.turbopinto.com/images/ar/jimsmall.jpg
http://gasandlead.wordpress.com
Moral of this lesson:
Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.

Daemon

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
Due to the nature of Americans not fact checking, a smear campaign by Obama would obliterate Paul. Not only does he looj and talk crazy, but he has some sound bites and quotes that would bury him with mainstream America.

Another website did some mock smear campaign ads for Obama, it was a right wing website, btw, and yeah, tough to get a majority vote with stuff like this.

– My son was only 14 when he died of a heart attack caused by Crack. Heroin usage killed my daughter. My son was such a beautiful boy. He had a bright future before crack — Ron Paul. He wants to make drugs like crack, heroin, and meth legal. What will happen to your children?

– Barack Obama has pledged to build the fence on the border (Sure, he’s never going to do it, but he’ll pledge to do it.) What does Ron Paul say about the fence? “Every time you think about the fence, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.” Ron Paul, a crazy person who wants to let illegal aliens run wild because he’s afraid a fence will keep us in!

– Ron Paul wants to abandon Israel, allow Iran to build nuclear weapons, and he thinks America deserved to be hit on 9/11: “Yes, we don’t like American bombs to be falling on our country. We don’t like the intervention that we do in their nations. So to deny this, I think, is very dangerous. But to argue the case that they want to do us harm because we’re free and prosperous I think is a very, very dangerous notion because it’s not true.”

Then it’s Ron Paul wants to get rid of the CIA and FBI, Ron Paul wants to go back to the gold standard, Ron Paul going on the Alex Jones show and refusing to shoot down the North American union theory, 9/11 conspiracy theories, the birther theory, etc., etc. The Dems could probably use 10-15 effective ad campaigns all designed to portray Paul as extreme, out of the mainstream, or just plain loopy. By the time they got done, Paul would be lucky to attract 40% of the vote in a general election. It doesn’t matter whether the American people agree with Ron Paul on the size of government, spending, and the Constitution (and incidentally, a large slice of the country doesn’t)

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 12:59:33 AM »
I could run for office as a communist, doesnt mean that I am one.
The man cant be the most electable if he cant even get the nomination from his own party.
His people dont think he can do it, that would be his base vote, and he wouldnt be pulling enough votes from the Dem side to win the election.
You cant win the GOP nomination... then that says 100% you will not win the presidency. UNELECTABLE.
I like a lot of his policies, and congress would slap down any of the bat shit ones he tried to put thru.
And he has enough respect for the office and the people to not pull end runs around congress.
If he won the nomination, I would put a bumper sticker on my car and a RP sign in my yard.
And yes, his national policy ideas are the best out there.
However... he will not get elected.
Spin it however you want... if you cant get elected, or even nominated, you are not electable.
Sorry.

Jim

I'm fully aware that he won't be nominated.  That doesn't change my vote.  GOP doesn't want him, because he would shit in all their cheerios.

Due to the nature of Americans not fact checking, a smear campaign by Obama would obliterate Paul. Not only does he looj and talk crazy, but he has some sound bites and quotes that would bury him with mainstream America.

Another website did some mock smear campaign ads for Obama, it was a right wing website, btw, and yeah, tough to get a majority vote with stuff like this.

– My son was only 14 when he died of a heart attack caused by Crack. Heroin usage killed my daughter. My son was such a beautiful boy. He had a bright future before crack — Ron Paul. He wants to make drugs like crack, heroin, and meth legal. What will happen to your children?

He believes in state rights.  Yes, end the war on drugs because, well its INSANE.  Let the states do what they want in regards to legalizing *insert drug here*

– Barack Obama has pledged to build the fence on the border (Sure, he’s never going to do it, but he’ll pledge to do it.) What does Ron Paul say about the fence? “Every time you think about the fence, think about the fences being used against us, keeping us in.” Ron Paul, a crazy person who wants to let illegal aliens run wild because he’s afraid a fence will keep us in!

Yea, shit like that has never been done before throughout history *cough* East Berlin *cough*
Fact of the matter is, they don't want to stop illegals from entering the country.  Otherwise they would have.

– Ron Paul wants to abandon Israel, allow Iran to build nuclear weapons, and he thinks America deserved to be hit on 9/11: “Yes, we don’t like American bombs to be falling on our country. We don’t like the intervention that we do in their nations. So to deny this, I think, is very dangerous. But to argue the case that they want to do us harm because we’re free and prosperous I think is a very, very dangerous notion because it’s not true.”

Abandon Israel?  Are they not their own nation?  They can handle themselves.  We have larger issues to worry about.  As far as 9/11 being our fault....yea, thats called blowback from decades of pissing off people and not minding our own business.

Then it’s Ron Paul wants to get rid of the CIA and FBI, Ron Paul wants to go back to the gold standard, Ron Paul going on the Alex Jones show and refusing to shoot down the North American union theory, 9/11 conspiracy theories, the birther theory, etc., etc. The Dems could probably use 10-15 effective ad campaigns all designed to portray Paul as extreme, out of the mainstream, or just plain loopy. By the time they got done, Paul would be lucky to attract 40% of the vote in a general election. It doesn’t matter whether the American people agree with Ron Paul on the size of government, spending, and the Constitution (and incidentally, a large slice of the country doesn’t)

I haven't heard that he wants to get rid of the CIA or FBI, but shit, I can't blame him, if infact thats true.  Gold standard?  Yea, sound money is a terrible idea.  FIAT currencies and Fractional reserve banking are so much better....oh wait. 

Yea, a large majority of Americans haven't been awakened yet.  And you won't have to worry about Obama vs Paul.  That most likely wont happen.  The Corporate/Government media won't give him the time of day. 

So continue voting for your assembly line politicians that don't change anything, thinking "Oh well he's not as bad as THAT guy", or "ANYTHING to get OBAMA out of office".  Thats the shit that got us here.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Daemon

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 03:31:22 AM »

My post was not meant to be debated on a point by point basis. I was not naming those ads because I thought they were correcr. I actually like a lot of Pauls views. The point is that he will be labeled as an extremist, and America wont vote for that. Doesn't matter if you can explain any or every thing away.

His views simply do not represent what a majority of America wants.

As for who I vote for, take your smugness and condescion bs elsewhere. I am not voting this year, nor have I in the last three elections as I have seen nobody that I think is overall good for the country. Paul is the best in 12 years, and he still has some major flaws that I find idiotic and asinine.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 03:58:33 AM »
Yea, shit like that has never been done before throughout history *cough* East Berlin *cough*

If I'm not mistaken, and I might be, it's late and I didn't get much sleep yesterday, but wasn't the wall around WEST Berlin?  Walling in East Berlin wouldn't stop people from walking into West Berlin in order to defect.

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, and I might be, it's late and I didn't get much sleep yesterday, but wasn't the wall around WEST Berlin?  Walling in East Berlin wouldn't stop people from walking into West Berlin in order to defect.

They were trying to stop people from leaving EAST Berlin....West berlin was the "free" part of berlin/Germany.

My post was not meant to be debated on a point by point basis. I was not naming those ads because I thought they were correcr. I actually like a lot of Pauls views. The point is that he will be labeled as an extremist, and America wont vote for that. Doesn't matter if you can explain any or every thing away.

His views simply do not represent what a majority of America wants.

As for who I vote for, take your smugness and condescion bs elsewhere. I am not voting this year, nor have I in the last three elections as I have seen nobody that I think is overall good for the country. Paul is the best in 12 years, and he still has some major flaws that I find idiotic and asinine.

I am fully aware that you weren't presenting those as points against Paul, but more as points his opponents would bring up.   But in the short time I took to respond to those points, I shot them down.  They're fucking stupid to say the least.  Therefore the people that believe them are fucking stupid.

Yes, I'm aware that the majority of the country is fucking stupid.  It would be an impossible sell.

I didn't vote last election, and unless Ron Paul miraculously wins the nomination, I will not be voting this election.

I think, and as you stated, we think, that Ron Paul is the only candidate in the past (you say 12 years....I'll say 50 years) that brings the real issues to the light of day.  All other issues are a circus sideshow.

DEBT.  MONEY.

Daemon

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 05:11:52 AM »
The wall was built by East Berlin. Did it stop people from defecting? No, it just slowed them down long enough for the soldiers in the gaurd towers to get a good aim.

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 05:25:51 AM »
My point being, that a wall WAS built, specifically to keep East Berliners in East Berlin.

I don't think a wall would keep Americans from leaving if it can't keep Mexicans from coming it.

But, I do see the system making it harder for folks to leave the country.  Especially when things get dramatically worse.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 07:08:20 AM »
My point being, that a wall WAS built, specifically to keep East Berliners in East Berlin.

I don't think a wall would keep Americans from leaving if it can't keep Mexicans from coming it.

But, I do see the system making it harder for folks to leave the country.  Especially when things get dramatically worse.

It was built around West Berlin to keep people from defecting from East Berlin and East Germany.  West Berlin was the one surrounded, not east.  It's a bad analogy.  The wall around West Berlin was to keep people OUT.  A prison would have been a better analogy.

Daemon

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »
If you take the entire history of the wall, including the initial reasoning for its construction, the analogy works fine.

The reason given was that the Eastern Bloc was not convinced that all facist Nazis had been purged from West Germany. So they built the wall to keep the Nazi influence out of the Eastern Bloc.

A little geography lesson to bring this into perspective. Berlin did not lie on the border of East and West Germany, but rather was several miles into East Germany.

Being Berlin was hugely important, both culturally and economically, to Germans on both sides, they split it and allowed one access to West Germany via the Autobahn.

So the Eastern Bloc built the wall around what was essentially their border to keep facism out of their side.

The analogy works fine.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 08:18:19 AM »
If you take the entire history of the wall, including the initial reasoning for its construction, the analogy works fine.

The reason given was that the Eastern Bloc was not convinced that all facist Nazis had been purged from West Germany. So they built the wall to keep the Nazi influence out of the Eastern Bloc.

A little geography lesson to bring this into perspective. Berlin did not lie on the border of East and West Germany, but rather was several miles into East Germany.

Being Berlin was hugely important, both culturally and economically, to Germans on both sides, they split it and allowed one access to West Germany via the Autobahn.

So the Eastern Bloc built the wall around what was essentially their border to keep facism out of their side.

The analogy works fine.

Really?  So that propaganda paper I just read saying that they didn't want all of their skilled workers and scientists to be drawn away from their safe jobs by lies from the west is wrong? :lol:

I'm also aware of the geography of Germany.  I'm a child of the Cold War, everyone back then knew about West Berlin.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:19:09 AM by Onyx Dragon »

Daemon

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 11:40:15 AM »
Not at all, in fact the brain drain was what probably forced their hand. Note I said initial reason given. Doesn't mean its the only reason, or even a reason, only the one given.

It wasn't originally called the Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart for nothing. :lol: I admit, I had to google that name. I couldn't remember it lulz.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »
Not at all, in fact the brain drain was what probably forced their hand. Note I said initial reason given. Doesn't mean its the only reason, or even a reason, only the one given.

It wasn't originally called the Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart for nothing. :lol: I admit, I had to google that name. I couldn't remember it lulz.

The initial "wall" wasn't really a wall either.  It was mainly barbed wire.  The actual wall went up due to the loss of good workers.