Author Topic: 7 billion in new taxes for my state  (Read 1754 times)

Maverick

• Beast Within
7 billion in new taxes for my state
« on: January 06, 2012, 06:07:54 PM »
LOS ANGELES Gov. Jerry Brown called on California voters Thursday to approve $6.9 billion in temporary new taxes, including a surcharge on big earners, as part of yet another bad-news budget proposal, this one for 2012. He warned that without those tax increases, California would be forced to impose severe cuts in public schools that could reduce the school year by three weeks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/us/jerry-brown-asks-california-voters-to-pay-6-9-billion-in-new-taxes.html?_r=1

And what in the living FUCK is wrong with three weeks? Schools can make up for it. Improvise.

I'm sure the childrens would be just fine.

I really want to move away to a full auto state with a functioning castle doctrine and concealed carry permits.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:08:42 PM by wicho »

I miss Cody. The world is a cruel place.

MiniVanMan

• Carnage Racing
Re: 7 billion in new taxes for my state
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:19:34 PM »
Of COURSE the schools would suffer. As if there are no other possible cuts that could be made... What better way to get someone to vote for something than to tell them their children will suffer otherwise?

Caryn

• Super Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »

I really want to move away to a full auto state with a functioning castle doctrine and concealed carry permits.
So do it?
I am so tired of the "vote for this or it's the kids" I swear if I went the rest of my life and NEVER heard "but think of the children" again..I would die a happy woman.
  Go take a sugar-frosted FUCK off the end of my dick.

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 12:42:22 AM »
But thats three less weeks they can brainwash the kids with sub standard politically correct education.

Think of the children!

orangeLJ

LiverOfSteeL

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »
Of COURSE the schools would suffer. As if there are no other possible cuts that could be made... What better way to get someone to vote for something than to tell them their children will suffer otherwise?

Out here it is always presented as a choice between new / higher taxes vs. cuts in schools / fire depts. / police depts.  I swear I can't watch the news for more than five minutes anymore without bursting a blood vessel.

Joshua

• Muffler Men Do It Till They're Exhausted
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
Out here it is always presented as a choice between new / higher taxes vs. cuts in schools / fire depts. / police depts.  I swear I can't watch the news for more than five minutes anymore without bursting a blood vessel.

Because, y'know, we can't make cuts to shit like welfare....crap that costs a disproportionate amount of public funds which accomplishes jack shit.....
...and either quite drinking or quite posting because you're going into some sort of weird AMERICA 1776 FUCK YEAH mode.