Author Topic: Recommend me a Laptop!  (Read 2502 times)

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
Recommend me a Laptop!
« on: December 27, 2011, 01:32:53 PM »
I'm tired of just having a netbook (which is also fucked up at the moment) and I want a more traditional size/capability lap top. I need something with decent storage space, that's powerful enough to manage music, photos and interwebz. Other than that I'm fairly out of the loop on laptop specs these days so I'll defer to you gentlemen, HDMI out would be nice, but not necessary, I'm semi-partial to Asus since all my netbook problems have been user related, not Hardware related and my price cap is 650 not including shipping and I'm open to refabs from reputable dealers. Thanks in advance.
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Hermie

Re: Recommend me a Laptop!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 01:44:46 PM »
I'm tired of just having a netbook (which is also fucked up at the moment) and I want a more traditional size/capability lap top. I need something with decent storage space, that's powerful enough to manage music, photos and interwebz. Other than that I'm fairly out of the loop on laptop specs these days so I'll defer to you gentlemen, HDMI out would be nice, but not necessary, I'm semi-partial to Asus since all my netbook problems have been user related, not Hardware related and my price cap is 650 not including shipping and I'm open to refabs from reputable dealers. Thanks in advance.

Asus is a good choice for reliability.  Here you go.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
Hmmmm I actually fiddled with that one or one very similar at Best Buy yesterday, but I'm so out of the loop on the specs I have no idea if it's worth buying.

His name was Meatywand.

Hermie

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 02:10:51 PM »
Hmmmm I actually fiddled with that one or one very similar at Best Buy yesterday, but I'm so out of the loop on the specs I have no idea if it's worth buying.

It's a bit overkill right now for what you described, but on the other side of that in a few years it won't be making you want to use it for target practice.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
Overkill is good....up until a couple months ago I was just running a 10" Asus EEE and before that a 7".....I need a bigger computer to play with :lol:

His name was Meatywand.

Mick

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »
Overkill is good....up until a couple months ago I was just running a 10" Asus EEE and before that a 7".....I need a bigger computer to play with :lol:

Meh, I have fairly decent desktop, but at the end of the day I still mainly use the Eee netbook. Unless I am watching a movie or playing a game the desktop doesn't even get turned on.