Author Topic: R.I.P. delusion of living in a free society.  (Read 11426 times)

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator

TheBlackShed

• Bunny in Bag
Re: R.I.P. delusion of living in a free society.
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
Killers of Freedom:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=s2011-230&utm_source=@SenateFloor

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-375

Thanks for posting that. Atleast Durbin voted Nay. I might have to look at voting for a different congressman next time tho.
Choot'em!

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
Fuck everyone from my state....
Quote from:  Sergeant D
Nothing says Alpha like getting your anus violated by another man

I gazed through the open window upon a full moon.
His name was Meatywand.

Hermie

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »
This is why we cannot trust the voting process anymore.

For an election to carry any credibility, there are certain elements of a free society which must be there.

Speech must be open and unrestricted.
The ability to assemble on public property without fear of harassment must be preserved.
All people must have equivalent opportunity to present themselves for office.

If the military has the option of simply forcibly disappearing people without any accountability, all of the above have been made into a farce.  Therefore, elections have lost credibility in a society where the armed forces may wage war against their own people.

And people had almost convinced me that I was crazy 5 years ago when I first began to see that we were on the patch to fascism.

Maybe this isn't the right place or time to open up about this, but I am a WTC survivor.  I was with my class on a field trip inside North Tower when it was struck.  We remained inside for much of the time because the speakers were instructing people to remain in place.  When we finally did get out, we were only in Zucotti when the tower came down.

The idea of fighting to regain my freedoms in the same park I lost them has a certain irony to it.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
This is why we cannot trust the voting process anymore.

For an election to carry any credibility, there are certain elements of a free society which must be there.

Speech must be open and unrestricted.
The ability to assemble on public property without fear of harassment must be preserved.
All people must have equivalent opportunity to present themselves for office.

If the military has the option of simply forcibly disappearing people without any accountability, all of the above have been made into a farce.  Therefore, elections have lost credibility in a society where the armed forces may wage war against their own people.

And people had almost convinced me that I was crazy 5 years ago when I first began to see that we were on the patch to fascism.

Maybe this isn't the right place or time to open up about this, but I am a WTC survivor.  I was with my class on a field trip inside North Tower when it was struck.  We remained inside for much of the time because the speakers were instructing people to remain in place.  When we finally did get out, we were only in Zucotti when the tower came down.

The idea of fighting to regain my freedoms in the same park I lost them has a certain irony to it.

The voting process CAN be trusted, so long as the people electing officials are paying attention.  Let's be honest, most Americans vote for the same person they voted for last time.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »
Or whoever is running for their favored party.

His name was Meatywand.

Hermie

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2011, 03:27:58 PM »
The voting process CAN be trusted, so long as the people electing officials are paying attention.  Let's be honest, most Americans vote for the same person they voted for last time.

What makes you think any person on the ballot is any different from the other?  Both parties overwhelmingly voted to destroy liberty.

Hermie

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
To be clear, I am not looking for some kind of dictator here.  I want a return to a credible process which follows its own laws.  If all liberties were respected and large entities were powerless to simply steamroll smaller ones, I would be at that ballot machine plenty.  But right now, that machine gives me the option to screw myself and kill my liberties, or to screw myself and kill my liberties.  I choose option C, and there is no realistic way to do that through this status quo.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
If the voters had paid attention this whole time, we'd not be in this mess.  In addition, there are still public servants who are willing to listen to what we say.  No one hears about them though due to the media, and the general public is too lazy to bother researching it.

dotCom

• Super Administrator
  • rocks fall, EVERYONE DIES
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2011, 01:53:18 AM »
If the voters had paid attention this whole time, we'd not be in this mess.  In addition, there are still public servants who are willing to listen to what we say.  No one hears about them though due to the media, and the general public is too lazy to bother researching it.

That's because they're too busy trying to make a difference posting bra photos on facebook rather than playing mini-anon and spamming their government officials with well-written shit that they want to see happen.

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it. - Luke McKinney

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
R.I.P. delusion of living in a free society.
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2011, 05:05:47 AM »
That's because they're too busy trying to make a difference posting bra photos on facebook rather than playing mini-anon and spamming their government officials with well-written shit that they want to see happen.

Anon is useless.  They are the type of people that are going to be one of the main excuses for the government putting the net on lock down.  You are right about people having their priorities messed up.  Like I said, no one is paying attention.

s-10 maniac

• Instigator of Thought.
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:28 AM »
They are the type of people that are going to be one of the main excuses for the government putting the net on lock down.

by they, you must mean people that would like to see their government start to work for the people not against.  Oh....thats only anon?  Weird....swore that was alot of different groups of Americans.

And as far as people not paying attention.....oh they would, if they only knew.

Kinda sucks though....all the major media outlets are run by the top corporations in the US that are also in bed with most the federal level polititians.

Almost seems as though this was planned out.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:26:08 AM by s-10 maniac »

Hermie

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »
by they, you must mean people that would like to see their government start to work for the people not against.  Oh....thats only anon?  Weird....swore that was alot of different groups of Americans.

Kinda sucks though....all the major media outlets are run by the top corporations in the US that are also in bed with most the federal level polititians.

I don't think it was planned out, I see a few thousand opportunistic decisions since the cold war ended that worked towards the point that the public could be thrown into chains.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
R.I.P. delusion of living in a free society.
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2011, 11:40:20 AM »

I think you know who I mean by they.

Meatywand

• Broo Penis
    • NecroManor
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »
ANON?

This is the perfect time for the "Anonymous" concept to be put to use. Faceless, non-centrally organized dissemination of information and retaliation could be overwhelmingly effective if applied correctly....which Anon probably can't manage, the lulz are too powerful a force to overcome.

His name was Meatywand.

Onyx Dragon

• Super Administrator
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
ANON?

This is the perfect time for the "Anonymous" concept to be put to use. Faceless, non-centrally organized dissemination of information and retaliation could be overwhelmingly effective if applied correctly....which Anon probably can't manage, the lulz are too powerful a force to overcome.

OWS struggles to do anything with a panel.  Imagine what will happen when a bunch of folks try to do it with no leadership.